Trial Discussion Thread #20 - 14.04.08, Day 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Op's balcony face the pool area? So they could have been on the bedroom balcony, falling down to the pool/outside area below. Very curious indeed! :p

Perhaps, I will have to look at a layout of his home.

Does anyone know for sure where the lady's jeans were found in relation to OP's home?

ETA: never mind I can see they are under the toilet window.
LOL, just saw this now! Under the loo window?? For real? Doesn't look like that side of the house at all!

Had it been warm enough to swim in Feb? My first instinct is those were not thrown out the window or fell because they are not crumpled up but kind of look like they are folded nice in half. I don't think jeans would land that way. Maybe getting closer!

OP will explain after the break. He will explain why he grabbed Reeva's jeans to cover a tiny LED stereo light and in the next breath grabbed his gun to confront Mr. Intruder in the WC.

OP will explain after the break. He will explain why he grabbed Reeva's jeans to cover a tiny LED stereo light and in the next breath grabbed his gun to confront Mr. Intruder in the WC.

I think he already did. He heard a window sliding open.

I imagine she had more than one pair of jeans and she had "done the washing" that day. Perhaps she hung them over the balcony railings and they got blown off or knocked off sometime during the night.

Knocked off balcony whilst fan gathering, closing curtains etc? If it's the correct side of the house from where they fell to ground.

I got the impression that the bracelet had already been bought previously, and that he was going to buy trinkets for it and present the whole thing as a Valentine's Day present. Hopefully, he'll have proof of the bracelet purchase.

In truth what would the gap be between reeva opening bathroom window and shutting toilet door?, 4 seconds?.
Not in oscarland apparently.

Did he say he shouted to Reeva to call the police whilst walking down the corridor to the bathroom before he heard the door slammed shut .
Because if he did And Reeva was still in the bathroom she would have recognised his voice as being on the way to the bathroom so why then shut the door ?
This testimony is not helping his case at all IMO
I thought the defence pathologist was bad but wow this seems so much worse so far .

Had it been warm enough to swim in Feb? My first instinct is those were not thrown out the window or fell because they are not crumpled up but kind of look like they are folded nice in half. I don't think jeans would land that way. Maybe getting closer!
Feb is one of the hottest months of the year for CT, not sure about JHB but its still very hot all over the country at that time of year!

It's dark and spooky and Oscar has no legs, long legged pj pants/shorts on that I can't see but imagine the leg covers his stumpy bits, making it difficult or more son to jog about, remembering how unstable his is on his stumps and vulnerable, past the bed several times whispering and yelling and gun grabbing and not once did he mention any Reeva commentary. Was she mute?

Enjoy the moment? My point was that some here have continued to sarcastically mock and bash any State witness who had the 'audacity' to add details to their statements. The reason given was that they had been influenced by media reports and were therefore not credible. Question - why are some of those same people now defending OP for doing exactly the same thing?

...because it's an opinion. You're entitled to determine what is credible and what isn't. We all are. You don't know what's true, and neither do I.

Knocked off balcony whilst fan gathering, closing curtains etc? If it's the correct side of the house from where they fell to ground.

They were found under the bathroom window at the other side of the house .
When things are thrown out of a window they can be blown back towards the house . I once threw my hubby's out of the window and was aiming for a rather nice puddle unfortunately they blew back and landed on a bush under my window much to his amusement

LOL, just saw this now! Under the loo window?? For real? Doesn't look like that side of the house at all!

I don't know, I could be way off lol. If they're under the balcony then it makes sense that they could have blown off while she was drying her clothes.

Feb is one of the hottest months of the year for CT, not sure about JHB but its still very hot all over the country at that time of year!

So why when its stinking hot and fans are on, you wake up and say how stifling it is and think it is going to be sooo much cooler if I bring the fans in and close doors and curtains to stop any breeze? Particularly as he made a great show of explaining how he set them up in the open door to bring the cool air in?

Nel will question the special limitations in SA law regarding the "special defense" raised by OP & test if OP transgressed from SA Law, according to legal discussion on Sky. He has to be tested on. This test of the law revolves around if there were alternatives that OP could have chose to secure the safety of himself & Reeva & why he chose the option he did. Could be very interesting cross by Nel.

That has been my belief all along, even if OP was genuinely shooting at what he perceived to be an intruder did he lawfully and reasonably in his circumstance as a double amputee shoot blind at a door so even if the prosecution does not have enough evidence to prove OP knew Reeva was in the toilet, which imo could be the case, OP would still be guilty of either murder or culpable homicide, depending on how the judge views it, of Reeva by transferred intent.

That said the defence is certainly going on the vulnerability and sympathy cards so who knows if the judge does decide to acquit, but she will have to reason fully any judgement so it will be interesting to read how she came to her conclusion when it comes.

What ???!!! Did he just say he just stood there and kept on screaming... and Reeva didn't answer back ???!!!

O: I kept on shouting for Reeva....I retreated back to point where I got to corner of the bed...noone respnded to me. I felt if Reeva was there and I couldn't feel anything. Thought maybe she got down onto the floor....I moved along the bed backwards, I didn't even want to take my eyes off were the closet was

I think that was the point where I first thought it could be Reeva in the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!