Trial Discussion Thread #20 - 14.04.08, Day 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who the girl is about 4-5 along to the right from Reeva's mother? .. dark hair in a pony tail .. she is looking really angry while OP was explaining the engagement party and she's shaking her head at him .. she looks fit to burst just now. I guess she is a friend of Reeva? Oh, she is Gina .. I didn't realise. I think her body language is rather telling in relation to what she knew about him and the state of his relationship with Reeva

I'm guessing you mean Gina Myers - her friend (she was living with the Myers family)

Is Roux deliberately wasting time here? He spent minutes finding a msg consisting of 4 kisses?

Judge: Where is this supposed to fit in?

Nel: I'm totally confused....there's a whatsapp saying the argument is over? I don't see it.

Judge seems to side with Roux.

Judge: I'm not sure I understand that.

Roux is explaining the order of msgs. It's hysterical to hear him reading msgs that say 'baby' and four 'crosses'.

Judge pins him on the time. She wants to know if they really show the row getting resolved, I think.

Oh my gosh it is the small things but I just realised I can watch the trial live on TV! Fellow Aussies, if you have Foxtel it is on the APAC channel (648). It's probably been like this the whole time and I had no idea. :D

O reading the 'I like to think I make you proud' msg from R.

This is where she said he criticized her at the event and didn't 'make her feel like a lady tonight'

Notice he was about to say "we started f.." as in fighting, then changed it to "arguing".

I asked this yesterday but.. can anyone tell me what the contraption Uncle Arnie wears. Im guessing it must be a hearing aid of sorts - its massive!

Gina is in the gallery today. Every time the camera shows her, she looks disgusted - she even shook her head during part of OP's testimony. Gina was present at the event discussed in these texts. She knows exactly what happened that day.

OP is clearly trying to downplay/minimize his behavior at the engagement party - and Gina knows it.

Yep, she looks fit to burst, doesn't she .. she knows ..

O: It was another event we attended...there were thousands of people. I asked Reeva if we could go straight for the exit....but Reeva stopped to talk to a friend. We ended up leaving 40/50 mins later. I don't think many people heard the argument, just my friend and his girlfriend.

O: I don't often engage in argument by text with anyone....I had spoken to her that night and apologised. We had made up, but I think Reeva liked to text. She'd been in a difficult relationship in the past where she often got her back up against the wall.

Can't believe I'm watching/listening to this...have to be to work in under two hours. What dribble.

I am unable to tolerate the little, mealy-mouth, lying, murdering, whine-*advertiser censored* .

Be back later.

Kudos to all who are able to tolerate his BS.

I asked this yesterday but.. can anyone tell me what the contraption Uncle Arnie wears. Im guessing it must be a hearing aid of sorts - its massive!

It's called a hearing loop. They do look bigger than they should sometimes. :smile:

Gina is in the gallery today. Every time the camera shows her, she looks disgusted - she even shook her head during part of OP's testimony. Gina was present at the event discussed in these texts. She knows exactly what happened that day.

OP is clearly trying to downplay/minimize his behavior at the engagement party - and Gina knows it.

Yea, lots of angry faces in the gallery today. Even Aimee looked annoyed. It must be incredibly frustrating to know the real inside stories and have to sit at a distance and not say a word.

From earlier, about the engagement party argument:

OP: We were at an engagement party of Mr Fresco’s I think it was just a bad day in our relationship. She was late and she was making us late.
Darren asks me to get something, I was running late
At a point because I was on a very strict diet and I had to leave a certain a time.
She started to talk person I did not know, she didn’t introduce me.
I was upset, I was being insensitive a bit insecure or maybe jealous.
She was playing with my neck and I wasn’t kind to her.
She was supposed to come back to my place but I dropped her off. She was short to me.

The camera is often on Uncle Arnold and Lois, Gina Meyers (who looks critically at him.)

Pistorius seems to be minimizing and compartmentalizing.

Now Roux taking him thru the short, make up msgs of 'Morning baba' etc. OP is reading all these msgs out, by the way. In a weak, broken voice.

That's a good question.

I think it's wishful thinking though. If there are closer witnesses it's probable they either didn't hear or they don't agree with the prosecution. You would always use the nearest witnesses to strengthen your case if it was viable.

I'm sure nobody realistically believes that a neighbour would hear a young lady scream in terror before being intentionally killed,
and then cover it up because the guy next door seems like a nice bloke.

Also Im sure nobody realistically believes that a number of neighbours would hear one thing, or nothing and then testify to something else (screams of terror, family murder, argument) under oath because the guy next door seems like he's guilty.

O: I don't often engage in argument by text with anyone....I had spoken to her that night and apologised. We had made up, but I think Reeva liked to text. She'd been in a difficult relationship in the past where she often got her back up against the wall.

Which just goes to prove what some of us have been saying is that the texts were just the tip of the iceburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member