Trial Discussion Thread #21 - 14.04.09, Day 19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When OP was talking about him being in the kitchen when paramedics and police where there, before Reeva was taken out of the house, he said that he stayed around the corner from seeing her. Couldn't look at Reeva because every time he looked at Reeva he got sick. Now, is he being literal? Sick as in needing the green bucket from court? If so, why is there NO vomit upstairs in the bathroom, toilet room, bedroom, stairs or downstairs?

I disagree that he has "repudiated much of his bail affidavit"
Fair enough. I think he's slowly hanging himself with his waffle and he's off to :jail:

Either that, or a secure unit in a psychiatric hospital. I don't see him getting off this with a slapped wrist.

I really feel sorry for Roux. He would have coached his client relentlessly, but he must have known this would happen because that's who OP is, it's unfortunate, but he's used to calling the shots (pardon the pun)

Agree. OP seems constitutionally incapable of accepting responsibility for anything. I thought the judge lost her poker face during his accident testimony -- hard to watch.

BIB Yes. He. Does.

re·pu·di·ate
riˈpyo͞odēˌāt/
verb
refuse to accept or be associated with.
"she has repudiated policies associated with previous party leaders"
synonyms: reject, renounce, abandon, give up, turn one's back on, disown, cast off, lay aside; More

:facepalm:

I'm sure we had a similar conversation about repudiate quite a while ago?

I think one of the biggest thing that stands out in this awful case for me is that OP was born with little more than a loving family, he was lucky that extended family were well off as I think, his Mum's death was probably the catalyst that made them want to provide more for her Children.

He overcame his disabilities and bullying, and winning races no doubt continually added to his confidence. As we know winning brings money and celebrity and despite then quite literally having the whole worlds respect and adoration. He became arrogant and superior. He had to work out who was genuine in their friendship, we all go through that in some form. But I think maybe when he was rejected in anyway, instead of looking at his attitude he blamed his disabilities.

We often look at late teens and have the expression or thoughts that they need taking down a peg or two. This is how I see OP pre Reeva, if only someone had the courage to tell him what he was becoming! MOO

I think it was a stupid thing to say. I read it as him being guarded and trying to make himself look better to the judge - but it likely had the opposite effect.

Yes, especially coming on the heels of m'lady having just watched video of a giddy Pistorius on the shooting range firing the same gun, among others.

I'm sure we had a similar conversation about repudiate quite a while ago?

The difference is one went back and made the change the next day on her own and owned up to it, while the other says that he didn't even write/type up his statement at all and any problems in it are the cause of his lawyers.

Yes, I guess I wasn't paying close attention the first time around.

He did say it was accidental. He goes on later to explain that yes he pulled the trigger but he did it without actually forming the thought or intent to kill someone in the bathroom.

He actually says he didn't intend to shoot the toilet door. Nel points out his affidavit in which he admits to intending to shoot the bathroom door. He then states he's never denied intending to shoot the door because it's obvious why.

He states he didn't have time to think about killing an intruder while thinking about Reeva and that someone had been tied up in that estate before.

I hardly believe he's proven putative self-defence. He may yet but for now he's rambling against his better interests.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Haven't been able to watch since lunch break, so catching up now :)
Did hear some parts where Nel was taking OP on via http://www.702.co.za/shows/oscar_stream.asp

Great point that!

Went to look at TA ones again a short while ago and was shocked to see all the new ones that I don't remember ever being showed during the trial. Can be mistaken.

They were always out there, just hard to find

The reason why there is no call to Netcare on Reeva's phone that morning is not because OP couldn't get the phone unlocked, it's because OP didn't try to call Netcare first that morning. He called Stander.

He also lied about what he said to Stander during his bail application statement, according to todays testimony. He told Stander he needed help moving Reeva, NOT to call for an ambulance.

He rang Netcare from his phone, it was read out in evidence wasn't it?. Hopefully they will be called and we will find out what was actually said.

He actually says he didn't intend to shoot the toilet door. Nel points out his affidavit in which he admits to intending to shoot the bathroom door. He then states he's never denied intending to shoot the door because it's obvious why.

He states he didn't have time to think about killing an intruder while thinking about Reeva and that someone had been tied up in that estate before.

I hardly believe he's proven putative self-defence. He may yet but for now he's rambling against his better interests.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

We all know why, he even said it himself. "My life is on the line. Of course I'm thinking about the consequences of my answers". :floorlaugh:

Did someone seriously say Nel has lost the plot?, no no no, Nel like many of us is sick to the back teeth of Oscar the murderer being portrayed as a victim, he went in hard to set the record straight about how whatever happened that night this moron's foolish action's ended a woman's life in the most brutal way, it needed to be done.

"he isn't the brightest crayon in the box"

I have suspected this to be the case for some time now. Today's testimony confirmed it.

In case anyone uses my transcription for anything else, here's my corrected transcription:

OP: There were many topics that we’ve spoken about. There’s my upbringing …… (see SA language translation about a CV), there was my faith, there was the night,
um, (very quick stumble of timing) the morning in question…”

6.10 Pistorius: “So, I’ve been sitting here and I’ve been telling the truth. And some of the things we spoke about, obviously I wouldn’t know about phone calls made from other people. So, some if it is a reconstruction from what I’d read, from what I’ve recorded and what the state has furnished me with. So, it’s a mixture of what I remember, and in some of the topics and in some of the points that would be a reconstruction. But, if I look at the time I can’t remember how much time, certain things took me that evening. But I can see from the times of the phone calls being made that people’s testimony and statements, not out of just the couple that the state called, but out of the hundred and plus witnesses that the state said they had, I’ve read most of those and all of those statements and that’s how I’ve reconstructed some time. Some of the things I remember shows I have reconstructed some time. Some of the things I remember, that I’ve spoken about myself, that I’ve spoke about what I recommended in the situations I’ve spoken about…in context of, information that I have."

Pistorius is: Dissembling

I disagree that he has "repudiated much of his bail affidavit"

The killer only repudiated the most critical part in the affidavit that explained why he didn't see Reeva get up to leave the bed to go to the bathroom.

His story is absurd.

Nobody talks to somebody in bed, then hears a person using the bathroom, and immediately gets a gun, chases after the person, and accidentally shoots four times through a locked toilet door.

How did he possibly hear the sound in the toilet and miss SEEING and HEARING Reeva getting up out of bed and walking to the bathroom if he was in the room with her the entire time?

Does anyone seriously still entertain the idea that he is telling the truth?.

Can I ask - telling the truth about what exactly?

In general? On specific points?

I don't want to come across as a supporter, because I am a fence sitter. My personal stance is that he is guilty of culpable homicide.

But so many posts here are 'LOL he is crumbling!', 'Nel is going to chew him up and spit him out!', hilarious laughing emoticons (I personally can't find the humour in any of it :twocents:) and talking about his constant lies, when I have yet to see one conclusive 'lie' - mistakes, inconsistencies, but no (as yet) straight up lies.. I'm not following so many posts because of the relentless blood baying here. Just me?

The difference is one went back and made the change the next day on her own and owned up to it, while the other says that he didn't even write/type up his statement at all and any problems in it are the cause of his lawyers.
Huge difference in Stipp and OP's circumstances.

OP's instinct is to lie, deny and blame - anything other than accept.

How long did it take Nel to get him to admit he'd killed Reeva?

"I made a mistake"............ ????

A mistake? Is there any other word he could have used to minimise the murder even further? I think not.

Yes, I guess I wasn't paying close attention the first time around.

He did say it was accidental. He goes on later to explain that yes he pulled the trigger but he did it without actually forming the thought or intent to kill someone in the bathroom.

Do you think he's trying too hard not to implicate himself?

He rang Netcare from his phone, it was read out in evidence wasn't it?. Hopefully they will be called and we will find out what was actually said.

I was referring to OP's claim that he tried to call for help using Reeva's phone but it was locked. I know that OP called Netcare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18