Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they are actually going for this replication/recording of 'The Scream' .. it's just ridiculous. I won't ever believe he can sound like a woman, I don't care what that recording sounds like!

BBM:

I'm sure the calm way OP read that card was not lost on the judge and many, many people.

:moo:

Absolutely .
This should have made him sob more than anything other than the graphic crime scene photo's.
I still get upset if I come across things my parents had written to me and they died over six years ago

I've been wrong on most everything today but is there any chance Reeva herself could have tried phoning Netcare after the first shot or are the timing's way off and is Netcare just a hosptial service or is it police too?

I saw you ask earlier and I hesitated because I am very vague on the details and I could be totally off base but I vaguely recall there being some debate on the accuracy of the time stamps... ???

Can anyone else help fill in the blanks here? Did I just imagine that? lol

I remember Roux pointing a lot of problems he had with the photos.

IIRC there were 2 different cameras and a lot people here thought the time setting on the cameras must not be set the same. Plus the sequencing of the photos not in order between of the different parts of the house.

I have a vague memory of it also, but when Roux was speaking. Now I'm not sure! I just wanted Nel to drive that point home!

ETA: The actual time might be off but the sequence wouldn't!

It is definitely possible to change the time and date on the settings of a camera, and therefore that would also alter the time stamp too .. but why would a crime scene photographer bother to do that .. answer: they wouldn't. If it was the case that they just did this willy nilly, then no photographic evidence of this sort would ever be able to be used in court because it would be deemed as unreliable .. only they do actually still use this method of evidence of the crime scene, and therefore it is considered by the courts to be reliable.

Yes, but it was very important the OP let the judge know the replicated door frame was not like his door frame in his home.

Very important.

This is what the door frame in his new home is going to look like >>> :jail:

This ego maniac cold blooded murderer delusionally thinks he has got the judge in his pocket with his court room tantrums, and thinks he can address MyLady without her permission.Today the lady assessors question to OP made my day.

I remember Roux pointing a lot of problems he had with the photos.

IIRC there were 2 different cameras and a lot people here thought the time setting on the cameras must not be set the same. Plus the sequencing of the photos not in order between of the different parts of the house.

Thank you! That all sounds exactly how I remember it now.

Dixon area of expertise is trace evidence, forensic geology, fibres etc. In this case, he was called upon to examine the lighting (or lack of it) in Pistorius' bedroom.

I thought the Valentines Card was going to have the joke about Oscar on it.

Roses are Red
Violets are Glorious
Don't ever Surprise
Oscar Pistorius

.....nice.

And we see OP in the background at times fully composed and looking all knowing. I can hardly bear to even look at him.

MOO

Lighting and geology. I don't get the correlation...

He said that he examined the bedroom on a moonless night (the same as the night of the murder). When the curtains were drawn , the room was pitch black and slight illumination down the passage.

I don't see how this helped the defense.

OP already said he never told her that he loved her.

This creates the foundation for the source of the argument.

Reeva was tired of the whiny, self-centered manipulative boy that we've been watching and decided to leave.

...and take the Valentine with her.

IMO

I have a vague memory of it also, but when Roux was speaking. Now I'm not sure! I just wanted Nel to drive that point home!

ETA: The actual time might be off but the sequence wouldn't!

the date/time stamp may be set incorrectly at the original photograph - but unless the photographer is constantly chopping and changing the basic date/time settings - all subsequent photos will follow in sequential order from that point.

it is however a basic error by a police photographer - someone who relies on dates/times. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member