Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all!

Thanks again Zwiebel for all the summarizations each day!

I think Nel is completely off track with the jeans being inside out, don't know why he would think it more logical that Reeva would put on OP's clothes to leave?

Nel asked OP what he thought the wood noise was, however he's referring to the matter in retrospect.

I can't help but think about - what if - he is telling the truth.

Nel lit the lamp when he asked why he didn't record his voice if he was so sure he was the only voice.

Thanks Goodness for Dr. Burger- she knew - a female's voice... she is the ticket.

However, he has a sympathetic draw

Don't disappoint me, Gajonka! :)

Reign it in and listen to what he's saying. Forget about the weepy voice.

Re. the inside out jeans .. OP has not said anything about Reeva having washed them, so that can't be a reason why they were like that (i.e. people quite often wash their jeans inside out).

I don't get that rationale of her taking the jeans off quickly. If she wanted to leave she could have in her jeans. He should have said he pulled them off her.

I find it incredibly disturbing, thinking about the Reeva Steenkamp’s pain and terror at those last moments.

Thanks for James for the link:
It appears like the grouping towards the end actually became closer. Where, in a panicked situation, one would reasonably expect that the rounds would be spread over an area.

I’m deducing those rounds were aimed and deliberate.

Well, even if you don’t listen to a single word he [Pistoirus] said, even if you just ignore what he was saying. Looking at the rounds in the door, one cannot reasonably say that there was no expectancy or foresight of hitting a human. When you look at the level at which those rounds were fired, he could fired into the ceiling, into the floor of the cupboard on the way to the bathroom or toilet. – Lobbs Das Neves, International Ballistic Expert
http://news.sky.com/story/1242575/oscar-pistorius-tears-genuine-or-contrived

Does Nel have a top five... something like...

1, The door slam

2. The voice- screaming

3. etc...

do tell...

Oh, how kind of OP .. he was worried about a plank from the door hitting Reeva! :facepalm:

O:...I got the cricket bat, ran back to the bathroom...first time I was screaming and hit the frame. I remember the shock in my hands. Then I moved the bat over; didn't want the plank to hit Reeva...

Don't disappoint me, Gajonka! :)

Reign it in and listen to what he's saying. Forget about the weepy voice.

Remember the screaming....

"I was the only person shouting.."

So Nel asked, why didn't you record your voice... record your shout - so we could show Burger.. and the others... if that is the sound they heard...

Good point.

But he has a high inflection, figure he screams with a high pitch... its absence speaks volumes...

N: Whilst you were hitting the door you were screaming?

O: That's correct milady.

N: What happened to the gun?

OP says he hit door with his left shoulder while gun was in his right hand.

Would your sore shoulder really prevent you from using it to try force open a door when the woman you love is behind dying? Adrenalin would take over IMO.

Why was he doing all this, trying to break the door down and running around, still with the gun in his hand? It just stands to reason he would've put it down on the floor at least by the time he was charging the door with his shoulder ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo