Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does feel like a massive coincidence that this incident should happen on the eve of valentine's day where one person had made an effort and the other has appeared not to.

Yep, it's HUGE .. in fact it's absolutely bleedin obvious!

I have been with my husband for 17 years (married for 10) and I do not have one valentines card..nor birthday card for that matter in all that time (
:tantrum: )I assure you, he does not abuse me. Really, I don't know why everyone is reading so much into the fact that he didn't have a card for her.

I think you might have the wrong end of the stick here, that isn't what is being said.

Captain Mangena is paying very close attention to this testimony. I have no doubt Nel will be consulting with him prior to cross of this witness.

I have been with my husband for 17 years (married for 10) and I do not have one valentines card..nor birthday card for that matter in all that time (
:tantrum: )I assure you, he does not abuse me. Really, I don't know why everyone is reading so much into the fact that he didn't have a card for her.

Also it seemed to me more like people were making to much of the fact that she gave him a card like it means he should walk free immediately.

We don't send valentine's cards. Both of us feel it is a tool used by marketing to make one spend a lot of money. LOL. Good that we both agree.

He is a liar. But somehow he loves RS because he RECEIVED a card from her. :D

Excerpt from the Valentines Day speech that RS never made makes it clear she was expecting a gift from OP the evening before or that morning. What she did not know was it would be four black talon bullets.

"
Who received flowers/chocolates/cards/messages/tweets/etc today (February 14) for Valentine's Day?

Tell them what I received, make a small joke about this. And then tell them that receiving those things is very special but not receiving anything doesn't define you as a person or make you less valued!!!

Not everyone. Just some who is using the card to show a loving relationship which is just weird. Haha. All it shows is RS loves him (because shock horror that's what it says haha)

I grew up trapped between two people who were in a horrendously destructive, abusive and violent relationship, (and was subjected to emotional abuse myself ) so believe me I'm not ignorant about these scenarios at all. However, I simply disagree THAT THE EVIDENCE TENDERED IN THE CASE points to it being of the nature and magnitude that is being proposed here. Respectfully, I am allowed to do that. I understand why you think the way you do, I just don't agree. . Do I think it makes Oscar less guilty? I never said that, but it does mean the motive may not be as Mel is proposing, and that is important. If Nel had not thought it would damage his case he would have shared it freely himself, thinking objectively that speaks volumes that his version may not be truth either.

Did the prosecution even have it or is it like the cell phone that the defense didn't disclose for almost two weeks? OP said he didn't even bother to open the gift until August 8th so almost 6 months after she gave it to him.

Re motive, I don't think you can call what was going on between them full blown DV, but it did show that all was not right between them right from the start of their relationship.

So now he's testifying about wounds when he specifically said he had no experience in it

I don't think this man is qualified to say all that he is saying, IMO. A ballistics expert would be better able to make the conclusions this man has made.

MOO

LOL is all I can say to this. Her hip was shattered & unable to support her but she was standing in front of the door

Time to drag the green bucket out of the broom closet, IMO!

His sister or any friend that had popped around would have to have climbed in to the bedroom through the open balcony doors or the bathroom window as the bedroom door was locked and had a cricket bat wedged in it. Given Oscars history of behavior I doubt any one that knew him would be so foolish as to do that.

please!

he was asleep for five hours.

reeva could have unlocked, opened the bedroom door at any time during his sleep
they could have entered via the front door.

I grew up trapped between two people who were in a horrendously destructive, abusive and violent relationship, (and was subjected to emotional abuse myself ) so believe me I'm not ignorant about these scenarios at all. However, I simply disagree THAT THE EVIDENCE TENDERED IN THE CASE points to it being of the nature and magnitude that is being proposed here. Respectfully, I am allowed to do that. I understand why you think the way you do, I just don't agree. . Do I think it makes Oscar less guilty? I never said that, but it does mean the motive may not be as Mel is proposing, and that is important. If Nel had not thought it would damage his case he would have shared it freely himself, thinking objectively that speaks volumes that his version may not be truth either.

Would you also be surprised then that the very last time my abusive/violent ex partner went off on one of his all day/all night long rampages was over me asking him to make me a cup of tea? After me having got the police to remove him from my house (once again) he came back in the night and climbed through my bedroom window .. got the police out again to remove him from my house .. then the next day he broke into my house (while I was out, thank god) and smashed the place up leaving blood smeared all down the walls and all down the stair carpet .. (had to get the police out yet again, just to make sure it was safe to enter the house when I got back home from my trip out .. so that was three times in the space of two days I had to call the police to my address) it was like a scene from a horror movie when I entered that house with the police.

.. and all over a cup of tea ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member