Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel, no more question for OP.(thank goodness)

Roux now wants 5 min to confer.

Oh dear. I'm still not totally clear about what the state's version of what happened really is....

Seems like it's most common for a man to read magazines while on the toilet. Don't know any women who are single who have magazine racks in their toilet area.

O/T when I purchased my house that was built in 1990, it had CARPET in the toilet room. EWWWWWWWW that is unsanitary BIG TIME! IYKWIM. That was ripped out first thing!

Oooooh THOSE sort of magazines. *penny drops* :blushing:

No blame to OP for shooting Reeva, but blame OP for taking her life ???!!!

He took someone's life. And for that he must face whatever judgment Judge Masipa deals him.

Did he kill her on purpose. I still don't think so.

If Reeva was wearing OP's jeans, should we presume she couldn't get to her own clothes?

Where was her overnight bag? In the bedroom or the upstairs sitting room, anyone?

Nel very weak today.
Should have been so much more...

It will all be nicely tied together by Nel in the end.

OP will just change his story no matter what Nel asks him, IMO. I think Nel has already caught OP in enough inconsistances!

I'm a little disappointed as I think Nels could have done more on cross.

The Defence case will only get stronger from here.

The key witness was OP and this was the best chance to nail him.

I thought Nels did a good job overall but left out a few key questions.

Yes, but don't forget that there is no jury in this case .. and the judge is armed with all the papers and photographic evidence and she has a whole load more things in there. Nel has proved OP to be an out and out liar over the past few days, and that is all he needed to do .. the judge has enough stuff now in order to make her judgement, along with her assessors.

Wth? Nothing about the missing phone ???????

I know! And if Clarice takes the stand and there's no mention to her about the phone either, then we all can assume that something was stipulated about the phone outside of trial, as Shane had surmised.

When Nel checked OP's words about 'I dropped Reeva's phone', OP seemed to think it was a trick and added 'or put it down'.

But that takes away the reason for it to have been broken, to me.

They're back.

In Oscar-Speak and Oscar-World, Oscar just assumes everyone is out to trick him, so he must countertrick them first (or last if need be).

Disappointing finish to the CE. I expected a longer questioning of the ammunition. My theory's been dented if the jeans outside the bathroom window aren't in evidence so there must have been an innocent explanation for them being there in the first place.

I can't believe it. Not a mention of damage to the bedroom door, or the jeans outside on the ground? Barely touched on phone calls or why he went upstairs when Dr stipp was there

If Reeva was wearing OP's jeans, should we presume she couldn't get to her own clothes?

Where was her overnight bag? In the bedroom or the upstairs sitting room, anyone?

Reeva's overnight bag was in the bedroom or sitting room on a brownish small sofa, IIRC.

So the duvet being brought in must be for cross examination of the DT's expert.

Wasn't it on the sofa in the bedroom?

I think that for us it's a bit frustrating because many of the questions we have been asking still haven't been answered .. but .. the trial isn't being held for us, and we aren't party to some of the stuff that the judge has, so at this stage we probably won't get answers to those questions .. it won't be later on until the trial is over that we might them.

In the bedroom on the couch which is on the left of the bed (looking towards the bed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member