Trial Discussion Thread #27 - 14.04.16, Day 24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
N: Did you furnish counsel with a report of the recon with police?

D: There's no specific report....Mr V....

N: Did Mr V provide a report?

Evasive answer and Nel tells him so outright.

D: My apologies milady if I'm slightly vague

N: I'll ask again. Third time. Do you know if Mr V provided a report? It's worrying when an expert won't answer the question.

Then Nel gets D to finally admit he has seen a draft report by Mr V.

Tea.

Message to self - never present myself as an expert in court.

I wonder how Oscar-Radio will summarize Dixon's testimony?

So to recap, the only guy willing to say what the defence wanted to hear was this guy.

So to recap, the only guy willing to say what the defence wanted to hear was this guy.

Good point or it would have been the ballistics experts he testified with who'd be presenting it in court. They may yet make an appearance though.

Wow. That was painful. I am glad I lost my picture and only had audio now.

Funny how people see things differently. I see this 'expert' as a car crash but Alex Crawford at SKY thinks Dixon not really rising to this aggressive Nel baiting. He may be able to match the prosecutor in self confidence methinks

This is like a mickey take of a trial. Hard to believe it's real.

This is so true. I am in constant disbelief watching this trial, from the cross examinations to the hilarious court room reconstructions and the ineptitude of the police and forensics teams. If you were watching a film of this trial you would be thinking it was too far fetched to possibly be true...

"The instruments I used were my eyes" says the expert witness, an old man wearing glasses.

I feel like this witness is the start of Larry, Moe and Curly. Can't wait to see the expertise of Moe and Curly! Nel has very much discredited him.

Says it all. I feel sorry for anyone that's had this guy's 'evidence' used against them in their trial.

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta · 4m
#OscarTrial We are going to adjourn for tea - Dixon will have to retreat into the corner and lick his wounds

Strange that Dixon agreed with the state, that the head shot was last. Didn't he say that?

Because at one point, earlier in the trial, Roux 'promised' that his experts were going to prove the head shot was first.

This fake expert remains me of my good old days in Kindergarten counting on my fingers 1 2 3 4. A B C D E F G........never mind.

I cannot think what Roux was thinking of, putting such an obvious 'ivory tower' professor up against Nel.

Hmm...that was a bit painful. I thought he did OK in explaining some of the bullet trajectory information with regard to the magazine rack.
That doesn't say a great deal though, as ballistics was meant to be his least qualified field.

I'm not sure where the DT got him from. I hope they didn't pay too much.

Strange that Dixon agreed with the state, that the head shot was last. Didn't he say that?

Because at one point, earlier in the trial, Roux 'promised' that his experts were going to prove the head shot was first.

I remember something like that too. Seems to be so many things that would be shown later, I lost count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18