Trial Discussion Thread #27 - 14.04.16, Day 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two different types of sock. The sock that is on the foot of the prosthesis with the shoe on it and then, the sock on OP's leg that fits inside the prosthesis.

He doesn't wear his prosthesis without the shoe so I wonder if they are saying that he kicked the door with his leg and not the prosthesis? If so this would mean that he had the padding sock on his leg and was walking around with that on.

I have no words about this whole thing.

This is without a doubt the strangest trial I have ever followed.

Seriously if this murder had taken place on a country road with a unique type of soil on the ground...maybe he could help out a little...but a travertine floor that is about as close to geology as it gets.

N: When last did you do a proficiency?

D: Errrrr....I do not recall.....

D: Last one in forensic science lab....I cannot say....2011?

N: You're not keeping up.

Mr Nel ....ask him when he last had his eyes tested!

Did witness just say he has never been trained to do a physical match??

Very odd....

Its almost like no real experts said what the defence wanted to hear isnt it?.

"I did a whole year in evidence work, applying physical principles, like in accident work and physical matches..blah blah blah...."He is just babbling now, sounding very defensive...

Yes, I don't see the point of the sound test unless it's done in the exact same circumstances

Yep, the test is probably unnecessary as it would be impossible to re-create exactly.

Sound travels differently due to weather, temperature, and many other factors and also would be heard differently by the recipients, depending on what the conditions were like in their homes. There could have been ambient noise, windows closed or open, alertness of recipient etc.

N: Yesterday you said marks were caused by a cricket bat? You did not match our bat to the door?

When witness answers Nel gets v. short tempered: Why do you answer like that!

A bit justified, I think. Very long answers but it is hard to see what the actual reply is....bit like Oscar.

Oh dear! Nel is going to chew him up and spit him out! :O

Having a little giggle to myself here... he never even held the sock?

His physical match tests were not done with the actual cricket bat, but a "similar" bat. Oh lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech