Trial Discussion Thread #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know exactly where the bathroom tile starts? I have always been under the impression that it was carpet in the hallways, right up to the point where the actual bathroom starts. I have found pictures that the longer hallway when you enter from OP's bedroom is carpeted but can't find any pictures of that other little hallway right before you enter the bathroom proper.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, scroll 3/4 way down, a photo.

http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/oscar-trial-day-17-oscar/

thanks to Lisa/Juror13

Oh, really .. :rolleyes:

.. actually, you are right about people seeing what they want to see and hearing what they want to hear, there's a lot of it about ;)

Yes, really. And yes, there is a lot of it about. An additional if unnecessary bit of evidence demonstrating the theory's validity.

It is my fault I have been reading so much I thought I was recalling something from the case rather than a posters musings.

Lesson learned.

Back to Oscar and relevancy :)

It is my fault I have been reading so much I thought I was recalling something from the case rather than a posters musings.

Lesson learned.

Back to Oscar and relevancy :)

One last comment on this if you don't mind :)

The gun that Viper was talking about that is capable of firing 3-round bursts was not the kind of gun (Z88) used by accused police officer in that other case.

As we've now confirmed, the Z88 was a semi-automatic just like OP's. :)

Here is video of a modified Glock, full automatic. Hopefully you will see that a full automatic handgun is just a bad idea and no manufacturer would make one, IMO. A three round burst would be suitable to some military and special police units though, and it is documented in the Wikipedia link that I so kindly provided to you.

I just love this video! It looks like so much fun! Skip to :33

http://youtu.be/FbsgHbXubGU

That's mental!!! How are his ears not ringing after all of that?

<RSBM>

My apologies this is where I got my errant information. I should have done my research. And my apologies for the copy and paste I don't know how to quote a post from another thread into this thread.

As I posted earlier that was the information that was on Wikipedia a week ago. The information has since been updated to delete full automatic and I shared the revised information with you 4 hours ago, noting that it had been revised.

How is that misleading? Nel dropped it after this and didn't inquire further - probably because Nel didn't want to have Oscar say on the record that his parabellum uses only hollow point bullets.

Was there expert testimony about OP's gun only using hollow point bullets? If that's true, I wouldn't think Nel would have asked him the question.

Was there expert testimony about OP's gun only using hollow point bullets? If that's true, I wouldn't think Nel would have asked him the question.

I can't remember if Malenga testified about this or not - but that's true of parabellums and I know that Nel knows this.

Did OP really say he didn't know if Reeva knew the security code to his alarm system?

Because she was at his house alone that afternoon from about 13:00. Does this mean he left his house that morning without switching the alarm system on?

It wasn't difficult for him to find hollow point ammunition that essentially the same as black talon. He just couldnt find that exact brand because it's not made any more.

Since when? If any hollow point would do why did OP use that brand? If it's not made anymore, I would expect it to be difficult to come by and therefore sought after? Hope this makes sense! 2 glasses of cab sav!

Did OP really say he didn't know if Reeva knew the security code to his alarm system?

Because she was at his house alone that afternoon from about 13:00. Does this mean he left his house that morning without switching the alarm system on?

No, I do not believe he said that.

Is this the smoking gun? Either way he's in trouble.

Since when? If any hollow point would do why did OP use that brand? If it's not made anymore, I would expect it to be difficult to come by and therefore sought after? Hope this makes sense! 2 glasses of cab sav!

Some people just like certain brands of ammunition like some people like certain brands of food.

You should have seen my kitchen cabinet when I thought Texas Pete was going to stop making its hot sauce.

I don't understand your question. Winchester stopped making black talon ammo but replaced it with the Ranger SXT that is basically identical other than the color of the bullet.

I have no idea why OP chose black talon over its successor - maybe he thought they looked cooler or it was a matter of conspicuous consumption or bragging rights among his gun enthusiast buddies.

I'm not sure about leaving the house. Many tweets said simply he said he didn't know (when asked about Reeva knowing how to activate the alarm by the assessor). This is what was said:

Q: Could Reeva Steenkamp activate and reactivate the alarm?
Pistorius: I&#8217;m not sure if she knew how to &#8230; but she could if she had the remote.
http://oneherald.com.au/you-intended-to-kill-her/

Obviously, we don't know if she had the remote, or even where it was kept, as that was never asked. It seems clear, to me at least, that she couldn't have controlled the alarm via the panel.

He went to fetch his gun from under the bed all he had to do was take a few seconds by words feel or touch to check if RS was still in the bed.

yes, even if it was just a few final words* to his dearly beloved. after all he was walking down the corridor to face a possible armed intruder.

*'if i don't come back, help yourself to the watches', or similar.

Is everybody just pretending that OP didn't abandon his self-defense case at the end of his cross-examination?

In a number of the SA cases posted, the convicted person avoids jail during the appeals process. Anyone understand the thinking behind that, because it escapes me?

Some people just like certain brands of ammunition like some people like certain brands of food.

You should have seen my kitchen cabinet when I thought Texas Pete was going to stop making its hot sauce.

Food I get! But this ammo is to decimate a human being :( He is not shooting this at a range this is for personal use. This I cannot understand...sorry.
Granted I do not live where there is a gun culture. But everyone needs to answer to their actions but OP refuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member