Trial Discussion Thread #33 - 14.05.05 Day 26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow, thank you, zwiebel. Loads of red flags in that one, but I need help understanding the OP quote below:

The robbers prefer to strike when the occupants are at home, so the alarm does not go off and the intruders can be shown - with as much encouragement as necessary - where the valuables are kept."
Why would the alarm not go off if the occupants were home?

Journalist, Barry Bateman, just said on the local Oscar Trial Channel that Frank did have something to offer at first, but for some reason he clammed up and said he never heard of saw anything.

Do you think Frank had to sign a confidentiality agreement before he became employed by OP?

Oh, and I think we maybe tightened up the timeline a little. Correct me if I'm wrong but:

I think there was about three mins between the Standers hearing shouts and OP's call? Then maybe five? to get dressed and drive there, in time to meet OP carrying Reeva downstairs.

He had also run down once already, to open the doors, and had made calls. So I guess the 'inaction' time where OP sat in the bathroom with Reeva is down to about five minutes?

I still wonder if he was thinking about getting help to move her out of the home and hide her body but then maybe had 2nd thoughts.

When the first person arrived and saw him at the top of the stairs with Reeva. What did he immediately do next? Did he put her down right at the top of the stairs or did he carry her back into a room or something?

His reactions right at that moment would be quite telling.

Oscar Pistorius calls to his live-in caretaker from Malawi. 'Frankie, Frankie. Please can you bring me my legs, brother.'

Taken from a daily mail article in 2012. For some reason can't read it though.

Very nice he called Frankie brother.

Do you think Frank had to sign a confidentiality agreement before he became employed by OP?

Very interesting. Surely he could be called as a hostile witness but if he is being supported by OP he maybe may not divulge anything of interest. What a very difficult situation to be in.

I have to hand it to OP as that was a clever story very quickly thought of about the intruder and then to call his neighbors rather than LE or ambulance was another clever thing to do to try to get people to see his side of things and be on his side.

There is just enough possibility that his story could be true that it makes it possibly believable. And for him to come up with this story so fast. IMO he had about 5 to 10 minutes maximum to develop what he was going to tell people. Unless he had thought of it even before he shot her.

Its possible he thought of this story before he actually shot her.

The totality of the evidence is important to keep in mind as we hear the pieces.

I think the intruder bit was all he needed to begin with, which was not too difficult to organise in his head, ie intruder, window, ladder. I very much doubt he told the police much at the start. He then had another 4-5 days before his Bail Hearing to complete his alibi, after which several points had changed in his pre trial statement.

He is on the witness list.

Today's witnesses have confirmed that he was present, although no further comments were made nor questions asked.

Oh, I missed that. I did listen in and heard a Mike or Mark being mentioned but completely missed Frank. DOH! I had a visitor call and I had overhead earphones hanging round my neck with the sound turned up so that I could still hear what was being said - bad, I know. Now I am wondering what else I missed. Time to find the video, I guess.

I think the intruder bit was all he needed to begin with, which was not too difficult to organise in his head, ie intruder, window, ladder. I very much doubt he told the police much at all to begin with. He then had another 4-5 days before his Bail Hearing to complete his alibi. Even then several points had changed in his pre trial statement.

Right but even to come up with the intruder story was pretty clever although there is not much else he could have come up with.

The changing of ANY parts by OP is what would be damning to him.
The truth never changes.

So if out of OPs own mouth things got changed then those are things we need to keep in mind.

I missed a lot of the early parts of trial and so just bringing up things that I would want to know about if I was the judge.

Journalist, Barry Bateman, just said on the local Oscar Trial Channel that Frank did have something to offer at first, but for some reason he clammed up and said he never heard of saw anything.

I hope Nel checked his bank account for sudden large deposits, because I bet Frank knows exactly how OP sounds when he screams.

Wow, thank you, zwiebel. Loads of red flags in that one, but I need help understanding the OP quote below:

Most people only put the alarms on when they are away from home or before going to bed. I'm guessing that's what he meant.

I think that part means that intruders want the victims to be home because people would turn their alarms off when they get home.

Also victims can be forced to tell where their valuables are by the robbers threatening them with violence if they dont give up their valuables.

And he was the first one Oscar called.

I was a bit surprised Nel did not pick up on that. I don't think these learned attorneys think on their feet quite as fast as do some of the posters on here. It would pay them to keep this forum open during the trial :floorlaugh: so that their underlings can prod them into life with some vital info.

I just saw on GMA show that someone is now refusing to testify. I think it may have been a doctor or something. Couldnt they supeona the person to testify?

It sounds like the doctor doesnt want to testify now probably because it would make OP look more guilty. Or maybe the doctor does not want bad publicity.

Most people only put the alarms on when they are away from home or before going to bed. I'm guessing that's what he meant.

Yes, that's what people here do too, but is that what an almost irrationally fearful of intruders OP would do? Not if he's as afraid of an unidentified noise in another room as he claims to have been imo.

I just saw on GMA show that someone is now refusing to testify. I think it may have been a doctor or something. Couldnt they supeona the person to testify?

It sounds like the doctor doesnt want to testify now probably because it would make OP look more guilty. Or maybe the doctor does not want bad publicity.

Roux promised a "psych" witness would testify to OP's feeling of vulnerability. I don't remember a trial where a pivotal witness refused to testify once the trial started. Anyone remember that happening before?

Or received death threats.

I was a bit surprised Nel did not pick up on that. I don't think these learned attorneys think on their feet quite as fast as do some of the posters on here. It would pay them to keep this forum open during the trial :floorlaugh: so that their underlings can prod them into life with some vital info.

I was following testimony here, and Trooper/zwiebel posted Nel asking for a brief recess as he was trying to cross examine the witness while also being bombarded with input from the team behind him. The SA rule that the defense doesn't have to give the prosecution their witness reports/test results/statements ahead of time seems extremely unfair and detrimental to a just outcome.

So Johan Stander know's of an incident where an intruder gained access to a property using ladder's, but yet on the night of the 13th Carice was sleeping with her balcony door's open?.

So what do we make of this

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 4m
#OscarTrial I’ve established that Oscar’s live-in caretaker Frank Chiziweni provided nothing useful in his statement to the police. BB
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 4m
#OscarTrial The sum of Frank Chiziweni’s statement to the police was - I saw nothing. I heard nothing. I know nothing. BB
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Suspicious much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads