Trial Discussion Thread #34 - 14.05.06 Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nies-trying-intimidate-reeva-steenkamp-friend

From the link: Police warrant officer Barend van Staden confirmed that he had heard Pistorius say: "How can you sleep at night?" and reported it to the chief prosecutor, Gerrie Nel.

Impulse control issues ...intermittent explosive disorder:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...osive-disorder/basics/definition/con-20024309

Intermittent explosive disorder involves repeated episodes of impulsive, aggressive, violent behavior or angry verbal outbursts in which you react grossly out of proportion to the situation.

The lawyers I heard on the SA radio discussion today mentioned the phone as one of the reasons Nel could apply to reopen his case.

Thanks and is that taped?
Or do you have to listen live?

Websleuths 101 and 201 and 301 and 401 and 501.... Opinion does not equal fact; others' opinions should be treated with the same respect as you expect your own to be; respectful discussion of different opinions is what keeps Websleuths a desirable and worthwhile trialwatcher's site.

Your difference in opinion is based on nothing more than a single piece of emotion related to general paranoia of a country . Like I said it's websleuth101 stuff.

Oh just my opinion :D

Does the station podcast? I've been looking for a podcast discussion of this trial with little luck so far.
I am ashamed to say I don't know exactly what that is! I listened on my laptop. But here's the link - I think the trial proceedings are 'free' and then some discussion but later it goes to a pay basis. Interested Bystander said something like that and when the show I was listening to finished it went onto a recorded msg about being back online tomorrow. There's a couple of shows tonight that sound well worth a listen so I'll try again at 8 pm SA time.

http://whoopwhoop.tv/pistoriusradio.htm

With all due respect, I'm aware of OP's privileged life and home AND I find it believable that he still felt paranoid...witness his past behavior fearing intruders at his gated home.

Again with all due respect, no, I actually don't accept that a few posters here who live where this case took place necessarily have a better sense of what an entire nation is thinking or believing just because they live there, anymore than I believe my own views on cases represent the US.

I prefer to read/listen and evaluate for myself, and I trust my own research skills, logic, and years now of following trials, posting and participating here.

I can understand if some or many SA's or others anywhere else "struggle" to believe OP's account. I don't believe parts of it either. I just don't view every witness and every piece of evidence through an a priori assumption of guilt and bad character. JMO.

On one hand you don't think posters can think what a general nation is thinking but on the other hand you just said SA as a nation has a paranoid fear of intruders. See the irony?

Does anyone have a link as to proof that Aimee took Reeva's bag from the crime scene?

I know she talked about getting it upstairs. But when did CS say Aimme took it from the crime scene? Durng cross? If so,when please?

Agreed
Which is exactly as you would expect . The Stipp's really were the only people that had nothing between them and where the shooting occurred in Op's bathroom
Their balcony windows were open the whole time and Mrs stipp's was awake to hear everything .
This is why the defence have tried so hard to discredit them .

BBM

Not so. It seems clear from the Stipp's testimonies that they heard 6 shots. Therefore we know for certain that despite the balcony windows being open and at least one of them being awake the whole time, they didn't hear correctly that morning.

Whoa people, be careful with the Mirror. Mrs Stipp did NOT say she was "woken by the sound of gunshots". She was already awake, suffering from a cough; she didn't claim to have been woken by any noise.

That's correct.

It was her husband Johan Stipp who was woken by the noises.

From that link:

The South African Paralympian who is on trial for Steenkamp's murder, flatly denied speaking to Kim Myers but witnesses, including a police officer, claimed they heard Pistorius as he left the dock during an adjournment.
--------------------
Isn't it amazing?? Here he is outright denying something yet again, when there are witnesses who heard what he said!! I hope the judge takes note of this additional lie and adds it to the reams of other lies OP has told. He should never have approached Kim in the first place, but then he doesn't really show respect or consideration for other people, despite expecting it to be shown to himself at all times. He just can't hide his true self.

The National Prosecuting Authority confirmed it got the complaint but is unlikely to take any action because Myers has not been called to testify at Pistorius’ trial.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-intimidation-article-1.1781260#ixzz30xQSC44O

And there's this too:
"In law we cannot get involved, "NPA spokesman Nathi Mncube said. "The lawyer that made the report was advised to deal with the matter as they deem fit."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...reeva-steenkamps-friend-in-court-9326974.html

JMO, but it will be interesting to watch where this leads. Myers may not have been called for the State's CIC but the State was also precluded from leading with character evidence. If the State does reopen its case, it can call any of its witnesses, to include Kim Myers - she and all her family are on the State's original witness list.

Mr Mike N’s Interactions, and Delay, RE Interviews with SAPS and use of Shane’s Logic ©

This is conjecture, and cannot be proven. It is speculation, but it may explain some “strangeness” that needs explaining.

We heard today Mike N’s testimony that the first 2 sets of cops who tried to get his statement about what happeneed were dismissed by him.

The first one allegedly he did not like because the cop said something like, “help me ouit here brother.’ [or words to that effect.]

The 2nd set was 2 female cops, who he did not want to talk to either. No appt or such, no showing of ID, Mike stated.

Sorry this sounds a bit specious to me.
E,g., if either set of cops did not immediately show a badge, this could have quickly been remedied.

What I am getting at here is that his objections could have been immediately rendered meaningless by simple actions from those first 2 sets of cops.

But what happened is that these “no thank yous" bought TIME, how many days?

DT could have, within a few days, have formulated their strategies, after getting some info at BH, what they needed to counter PT’s earwitnesses with, etc.

Could this logic be why Mr N would not give a statement to cops until how many days passed?

Again this is just speculation and logic to try to explain some more “strangeness”, because as you now this one runs deep. ©Shane 13

Surely there's no need to mock the family of the accused?

They didn't choose to be in this position for heaven's sake.

I just wanted to give some readers something that they could get dramatically offended with. :wink:

I'm past Aimee's privacy, and I don't believe that she gives a flip about Reeva or Reeva's family. Aimee entered the crime scene and took Reeva's purse, and likely with that OPs personal cell phone that he used that night. Other things could have been in Reeva's purse too, but now we will never know, thanks to Aimee.

if he has a spare moment, could he also clear up the inside inside out jeans and the outside not inside out jeans. ty.

Hello everyone, first time post. Just a quick thought about the inside-out jeans: I believe it was stated that Reeva had been doing laundry at OP's house earlier that day. I usually wash all my jeans and dark pants inside out because I have read that it helps prevent fading during the wash. A plausible explanation, perhaps.

I can imagine clothes and bedcovers being thrown around in the heat of an argument where Reeva might have wanted to pack her things and get dressed to leave or if OP was making a scene telling her to "Get the F... out of my house!" and throwing her things out the window.

This look from yesterday creeped me out!
No doubt one of the many reasons Reeva ran into that bathroom to hide from him. I think he is very much like Phil Spector. I see such resemblances in their personalities along with extreme jealousy. I think she was terrified of him with good reason. And I also THINK that he has wanted to do this for a long time; as his other GF described him doing a similar thing during the thunderstorm. I think that there is something very wrong with OP. This is not an "attack" this is my OPINION of OP. I think he is guilty of murder in the first degree.

It's only taken me countless hours, but I think I worked out what Nel did today. Roux objected and the Judge corrected him for saying 'shots' to a witness, instead of 'sounds'.

So after the break, Nel came back having invented a new word, 'bangshots', which seemed to satisfy everyone.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-intimidation-article-1.1781260#ixzz30xQSC44O

And there's this too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...reeva-steenkamps-friend-in-court-9326974.html

JMO, but it will be interesting to watch where this leads. Myers may not have been called for the State's CIC but the State was also precluded from leading with character evidence. If the State does reopen its case, it can call any of its witnesses, to include Kim Myers - she and all her family are on the State's original witness list.

thanks for all the great posts BritsKate!

Kim Myers may not have testified but she is #51 on the witness list.

Hello everyone, first time post. Just a quick thought about the inside-out jeans: I believe it was stated that Reeva had been doing laundry at OP's house earlier that day. I usually wash all my jeans and dark pants inside out because I have read that it helps prevent fading during the wash. A plausible explanation, perhaps.

I can imagine clothes and bedcovers being thrown around in the heat of an argument where Reeva might have wanted to pack her things and get dressed to leave or if OP was making a scene telling her to "Get the F... out of my house!" and throwing her things out the window.

Welcome Marfa Lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member