Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nell should bring up at some stage, if it is admissible, that OP, whilst on bail, is known to have been living it up. Back in court we now find he has developed a hang-dog disposition.

I LOVE Nel....

"He shot her on the 14th, and on the 15th, he said he missed her? ":facepalm:

She has just contradicted OP's self-defence argument. Not good news for defence.

I wasn't following the thread earlier, but did everyone see the fellow picking his nose earlier?? :sick:

LOL maybe he thought he would find something more significant up there than what these witnesses are going on about.

IS: It upset me that they said he was not sincere...I wanted to give my observations of what I saw at the time.

N: At the time that he cried, it was out of context. What would you say?

Nel tried to catch her out saying she had been watching the trial, I think, but she says she only read reports in newspapers.

What caused you to want to be here today. She read in the newspaper he said he wasn't sincere about his feelings, he cried to manipulate.

N: It was out of context. When did he cry in Court ... she doesn't know. It's what she read in the newspapers. She saw a traumatised person, heartbroken

People react differently. Nel agrees. If you saw him in court the next day you'd expect him to be traumatised. She agrees. He was emotional, cried.

Nel, apart from crying and that he missed Reeva ... yes.

Nel, did he discuss himself, how he felt? He went over and over about Reeva, her appearance. He was heartbroken.

Nel said he never heard OP say he was sorry. OP told her he was sorry about the incident.

N: You said he was emotional?

IS: Yes, he cried.

N: What else?

IS: He talked. About Reeva.

N: Did he talk about himself?

Witness says a little but most was about Reeva and her parents. 'He was heartbroken'.

Nel says OP did not say sorry.

Witness says he WAS sorry.

Roux objects.

Roux Nel arguing between themselves over if OP said sorry or sorry for the loss.

N: I'm so sorry I lost Reeva, but he never said sorry I killed her.

IS: That's correct.

She spent 5 days with him. Nel said it's never the evidence that he said he was sorry.

Roux is complaining. He told her he's sorry for hiss loss, their parents. Nel said he never said he's sorry that he killed her, it's about him ... she says it's about his emotions and what he went through. He was never "what's gonna happen to me" It was about the heartbrokenness of this man.

Ugh Nel is really bugging me. This is just a total emotional argument from Nel that "it's all about Oscar" and when a witness makes a comment, he says "No, no, no - you would have told us that" suggesting that the witness has completely changed her testimony in the last 5 minutes

Nel says it's all about OP.

Witness says she can't say that. He was heartbroken. He was in relationship with Reeva.

IS: I wasn't there to assess him. I was there to support him.

Ridiculous. Absurd. Why do they not have an MD Psychiatrist working on Pistorius? He's got pathology that a psychologist doesn't have the ability to treat. The psychologist can only take notes. Can't give medication, can't help with mood stabilizers, can't really work on pathological defects in Oscar's character. Doomed to failure.

I don't think a script can fix what's wrong with him. Even years of CBT with a fully compliant patient show only infinitesimal success in the 'best case scenario'.

JMO

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

N: You're a probation officer. If you write a report, the first thing you want is for someone to say I'm sorry for what I've done.

She says she would into remorse, heartbroken man. She wasn't looking to see if he had remorse.

IS: I didn't look for that. (remorse).

But then goes on to say it is very important in her reports to look for 'does this person have remorse'.

Just to redress the reputation of SA Social Workers/Probation Officers. Some SA Social Workers recruited to the UK, well qualified and professional....but....there's always one.

IS: I wasn't expecting him to say 'I'm sorry for what I did'. That wasn't my position or function.

Adds: ' I didn't even want to know about the case.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member