Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think witness is reading from his own report?

Says things that could have influenced ballistic findings are:

Reconstruction of the door
Angle bullets hit door would have caused deflection (not large though)
repeated probing of door could have caused slight distortion of the bullet holes (he knows they were probed at least twice).

W: This bullet...it forms like a mushroom, when it hits the soft flesh...it makes a bigger wound ballistic.

Right. I use HPs in my .22 plinking rifle. does more damage to soda cans, so easier to see from a distance. =) When I had 9mm pistols (Glock 19, 17, and Walther PPS), I used FMJHP - full metal jacket hollow points. They're cleaner, they leave less residue to clean off the gun after use, and they seem to be more accurate than round-points.

As a defensive tool, a hollow-point makes a small entry hole and a large exit hole, provided it gets that far.

Talking about deflection and intermediate target...

R: That's the door in this case?

W: That's the door.

I don't see the relevance of any of this? What does it matter if OP stood on his head and shot the gun from his mouth, he still shot through the door and killed Reeva. That is not in dispute, and none of this indicates his state of mind?

Hmm. So it wasn't a real Black Talon, it was a Ranger

Yea, the Ranger is much improved over the 20 year old Black Talon design. The bullet could be called a "Girl Scout Cookie" but it would not take away from its extreme lethality.

The Ranger that OP used was referred to as a Black Talon in SA because it had a black bullet, the tip.

I think the judge's sharp mind is going to wander. This expert, as intelligent/experienced as he is, comes across way to wordy, as he meanders verbosely through each answer.

My brilliant StepDad, may he RIP, was a mechanical engineer. He spoke much the same way. Qualified everything he stated, very verbose and exacting. Hard to listen to for very long before I want to tear my hair out though. :pullhair:

I don't feel she is lying but I do feel that far too much has been made of it. It was unpleasant of OP but IMO she should have shrugged and said to herself that it was par for him and moved on. Maybe she would have done if one of Nel's detectives hadn't heard it and encouraged them to take it further. Once the press get their hands on it we find it blown out of all proportion. It definitely was not nice but not earth shattering IMO.

I believe allowing such a comment to go unchecked sets a disturbing and potentially dangerous precedent.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Witness says another influence is not knowing exactly where the bullets were fired from.

And is now pointing at the door, saying deflection could not be determined, but he believes from a curve in the wood that there could have been deflection...

Witness made his own measurements as well.

Roux tries to move his witness along a little and avoid him going thru every single measurement he took and how he did it....

But he didnt take the hint, apparently...:pullhair:

Oh, right, I finally get what we are getting to.....OP wasn't aiming at anyone in the bathroom, it was just unlucky deflections?

Because of bumps on the thick wooden door?

I would be hard put to agree with that but we all are entitled to our opininions and yours is just as important.

Just to say that as a witness in a trial I had the Police Complaints Officers visit me to say they had found my name in paperwork belonging to a police officer who was under investigation. They explained that myself or members of my family could have experienced being stopped while driving about etc. The inference being that we could have experienced some negative harassment. That is why I think any breach of bail conditions such as this is serious.

He is holding up little sheets of paper with photos, to show the judge 'the little black mark there', but I'm wondering if she can even see from there?

Okay, so when Roux said he'd probably be wrapped up by Tuesday... he must have meant this witness would be wrapped up by Tuesday!

I believe allowing such a comment to go unchecked sets a disturbing and potentially dangerous precedent.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

I always very much value your input but on this point we shall have to agree to disagree.

Zzzzzzzzz.........can I get a nudge when Mr Nel is up.......

W: It was totally disignored.

(I am sure he did say 'disignored'. Talking about the lazer going straight from B to E so there could not have been any deflection there).

He is holding up little sheets of paper with photos, to show the judge 'the little black mark there', but I'm wondering if she can even see from there?

I think she has her own copy and he's pointing as a reference for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia