Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ob·fus·cate (ŏb′fə-skāt′, ŏb-fŭs′kāt′)tr.v. ob·fus·cat·ed, ob·fus·cat·ing, ob·fus·cates 1. To make so confused or opaque as to be difficult to perceive or understand: "A great effort was made . . . to obscure or obfuscate the truth" (Robert Conquest).
2. To render indistinct or dim; darken: The fog obfuscated the shore.

W: it's wider (on the door) but could be consistent with the wound pattern on the upper arm.

W:...perforated the board...not perforated, penetrated the board......

What is he talking about? The bullet penetrated the witness board? Does he mean the door? It perforated the door?

What is he talking about? The bullet penetrated the witness board? Does he mean the door? It perforated the door?

I think Wollie said English isn't his first language.

Oh, God, Oscar's hiding his face again. I SO wish they would put him in a strait jacket so he would HAVE to sit there and face it like a man.

I am not trying to be disparaging I promise. Because it is not a matter to be disparaging or mean about.

But I think I am catching a few signs of tiny cognitive problems with this witness. I suspect he is losing the thread of his own testimony at times and is reading everything from his notes. Nothing seems to be from memory.

I think Oscar's had enough too. Looks like he's got a headache . . . :p

IIRC Roux told Mangena there was no ricochet, and that Reeva's back injuries were caused by the magazine rack. Wollie verified the ricochet if I heard right.

is he saying the arm shot was also close to the door?

that's a big difference to mangena.

C'mon. I just want to see how you can shoot a Glock without pulling the trigger.

Roux...let's just get to the point...

He followed that sharpish remark with a big sigh. Doesn't sound happy.

I can't bear to watch, listening is bad enough. I don't doubt his experience and knowledge but, my goodness, he is sooooo long winded.

One can see now why his recent court cases have not gone down well for him, especially when he has been up against Mangena.

As I am typing I am grinning as I can hear Roux doing his best to move him on.

is he saying the arm shot was also close to the door?

that's a big difference to mangena.

Yeah, they'd already established the arm was about as close to the door as the hip. Both had small wood fragments embedded around the larger wound.

I believe allowing such a comment to go unchecked sets a disturbing and potentially dangerous precedent.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Agreed it's nasty, but IIRC one of GZ's family during the Trayvon Martin trial claimed TM's father, Tracey, said/did something nasty to someone related to them. I was shocked at that and I feared the judge would have to take up against the poor man with all he had suffered but to my relief she just brushed it aside so he didn't have to deal with that on top. So unless there is BARD proof of a very credibly dangerous threat, as IB says it is probably best to move on because everyone's, even Meyers', emotions are high, just like Tracey's must have been to do such a thing at the time. JMO and I am not comparing the dignified Tracey Martin to OP in any way shape or form.

W: Fragmented jacket found in the vest of the deceased and had two grooves and weighed (didn't catch)

Now showing photo of the hole in the vest.

Silence....

Roux: You have dealt with that now, in your evidence.

C'mon. I just want to see how you can shoot a Glock without pulling the trigger.

He didn't shoot her with a Glock. Guaranteed. It was a polished steel-barreled gun. Glocks are black. Can't recall the make, never heard it before, but not a Glock.

Roux...let's just get to the point...

He followed that sharpish remark with a big sigh. Doesn't sound happy.

Feel sorry for poor Woolie. Hard of hearing, English not first language. Roux should demonstrate patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia