Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
W: (re the back of the t-shirt/vest) I couldn't find any defects where the fabric was distorted or anything, where the bullet might have made contact with the back.

He says that with a white paper held underneath fabric, there are small holes. But those holes could have been caused by bone fragments.

He didn't shoot her with a Glock. Guaranteed. It was a polished steel-barreled gun. Glocks are black. Can't recall the make, never heard it before, but not a Glock.

I think Judgejudi is talking of the Glock in the Tasha shooting where Oscar claims he did not pull the trigger and the gun just fired itself. It has caused most of us to be astonished with this claim. We would like to see it repeated/explained in court.

W says the hole in Reeva's shorts correspond to the hip wound.

R asks a question about measuring wounds and witness replies he has relied on measurements Prof S took.

He didn't shoot her with a Glock. Guaranteed. It was a polished steel-barreled gun. Glocks are black. Can't recall the make, never heard it before, but not a Glock.

He is also charged with firing a gun in a restaurant, which was a glock. He says his finger wasn't on the trigger when it "went off".

W: It is not poss to determine with accuracy the angle of the shots or the position the deceased was in when they were fired.

Witness started a little meandering explanation of something he wrote on his notes and Roux moved him on abruptly.

He is also charged with firing a gun in a restaurant, which was a glock. He says his finger wasn't on the trigger when it "went off".

LOL! Yeah, I call that "The Virgin Firing" -- As I've said, I have owned two Glocks, and I know them intimately. Even Plaxico Burress didn't claim a Virgin Firing.

Agreed it's nasty, but IIRC one of GZ's family during the Trayvon Martin trial claimed TM's father, Tracey, said/did something nasty to someone related to them. I was shocked at that and I feared the judge would have to take up against the poor man with all he had suffered but to my relief she just brushed it aside so he didn't have to deal with that on top. So unless there is BARD proof of a very credibly dangerous threat, as IB says it is probably best to move on because everyone's, even Meyers', emotions are high, just like Tracey's must have been to do such a thing at the time. JMO and I am not comparing the dignified Tracey Martin to OP in any way shape or form.
The difference for me is family member versus accused. Defendants are advised to not speak to State's witnesses so they can't be accused of witness tampering or intimidation. It's a pretty standard admonition. So, if the rules are 'bent' and this accused isn't admonished for saying what was perceived as sinister and disturbing, what's really to stop a future defendant from whispering to a witness 'You're next.' in another trial?

MOO

W: If you look at the trajectory (of the probe) in this photo, it (bullet) appears to be going upwards.

I am not trying to be disparaging I promise. Because it is not a matter to be disparaging or mean about.

But I think I am catching a few signs of tiny cognitive problems with this witness. I suspect he is losing the thread of his own testimony at times and is reading everything from his notes. Nothing seems to be from memory.

But that's how expert witnesses with such long reports do it... i.e., using their notes as they can't be expected to learn it all off pat

Apparently, this witness board shows a bullet hole with the splintering pattern around it, but I still see nothing.

I think the interpreter must've taken over for the photographer.:/

I guess his headache is nothing compared to the headache he gave Reeva when he shot her through the head though :/

I really don't think the Steenkamp family needed to hear that the bullet fragment the guy pulled out of the toilet bowl had gone through Reeva's head before landing there. The unnecessary gore brought in by the DEFENSE is just amazing. WTF is he trying to prove? Innocence or barbarism?

W says Reeva's clothing makes it difficult to judge how far she was from the door when splinters caused her wounds.

ETA: Secondary wounds, obviously.

W says Reeva's clothing makes it difficult to judge how far she was from the door when splinters caused her wounds.

ETA: Secondary wounds, obviously.

OP didn't kill Reeva, the door did.

Roux skedattled pronto when Wollie described the shots as "a very small grouping on the door." I still don't know if it's better for OP if "the gun went off before I knew what happened" or "I shot at the intruder I thought was about to attack me."

Roux requests order that 'these' photos are not published.

Granted.

And he asks for adjournment until tomorrow. 9.30am.

Court closed.

There are 164 people viewing this thread at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02