Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think she will agree to the assessment. The old adage....
"Be careful what you ask for" or more closely "Be careful to claim something in a court of law because the prosecution may just try to officially have it validated".

I think she might.

I don't know any of the law on this but, all things being equal, why wouldn't she?

Just heard on CNN, not Kelly Phelps, that OP could face life in a mental institution.

Could, but doubtful in my opinion. OP isn't insane or have any other mental defects/illnesses. OP simply saw a way "out" of the mess he has gotten himself into and jumped on it as if it was a lifeboat in the middle of an ocean.

MOO

IIRC he also RAN back to the bedroom to don his prostheses.

Wait a minute. What--just what if-- he actually TOOK OFF his prosthetics after smacking the door with the cricket bat? So as to make himself appear more vulnerable to excuse his execution of Reeva...

We know he is a quick thinker when it comes to covering up for himself.

Probably this possibility has probably been floated already and dismissed -- I haven't been able to follow the threads as compulsively as I usually do because of my own family drama. So you won't hurt my feelings if you laugh...

Wow- what a day in court!

We know that OP is a controlling person, not only of his environment but of people as well. It may well be him who's telling Roux what he wants to do. Advocates take instructions from their client, and can only advise them as to the best course of action. They cannot force the client to heed that advice. OP blames anyone and everyone for absolutely everything. I think we can now do the same and blame OP for this most monumental of stuffups, not Roux.

If he wanted to, could Roux just quit?

Voster testified to diminished culpability due to the confluence of his status as a double amputee and his psychiatric disorder of GAD, that is what happened, that is why Nel was so flustered.

Are you watching a different trial? :confused:
I never heard or read anything about diminished culpability. And Nel was alot of things today, (brilliant comes to mind) but flustered wasn't one of them.
:banghead:

Wait a minute. What--just what if-- he actually TOOK OFF his prosthetics after smacking the door with the cricket bat? So as to make himself appear more vulnerable to excuse his execution of Reeva...

Probably this possibility has probably been floated already and dismissed -- I haven't been able to follow the threads as compulsively as I usually do because of my own family drama. So you won't hurt my feelings if you laugh...

Hi Anagrammy! OP was seen coming down the stairs with Reeva in his arms by Carice S, Dr Stipp, J. Stander, and possibly one of the security guards wearing his prosthetics. OP also had blood on his prosthetics. He was definately wearing them when he took Reeva downstairs.

It appears that Oscar is still able to give instructions to his barrister.. this is the definition of sane, in a court room. And obviously ,his barrister is taking those instructions.. as long as Roux takes 'em and Oscar gives 'em ,he is adjudged as sane by his legal team..

For how long that circumstance remains applicable though... that's the question..

So Roux's sanity is in question for listening to him?

If he wanted to, could Roux quit?

That is a great question.

I'm sure that when OP was on the stand during his cross with Nel, when OP kept throwing the defense team/Roux under the bus, that Roux wanted to quit on the spot. I noticed that he (Roux) kept getting lower and lower in his chair, almost as if he wanted to get under the defense table.

MOO

Voster testified to diminished culpability due to the confluence of his status as a double amputee and his psychiatric disorder of GAD, that is what happened, that is why Nel was so flustered.

I don't think Nel was the least bit flustered. He was quite brilliant imho. Roux on the other hand.......?

I just can't resist this. Some of the lyrics to "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!", a 1966 novelty record by Jerry Samuels, recorded under the name Napoleon XIV.

Ah, but aren't you forgetting this little gem?

As soon as the record started getting airplay on Top 40 stations, the song became a phenomenon. Samuels' mix proved irresistible. The "nutty" new novelty "song" pounded into the public's head for 6 weeks in late summer 1966. The b-side of the record was a novelty itself --entitled "!aaah-aH, yawA eM ekaT ot gnimoC er'yehT," - it was the title tune run backwards! (The label was even backwards!) And it made the sound effects of the hit even stranger!

ORIGINAL: Napoleon XIV: 'They're coming to take me away' - YouTube

BACKWARD: 'ah-ah ,eh-eh ,oh-oh ,yawa em ekat ot gnimoc er'yehT' - YouTube

Could, but doubtful in my opinion. OP isn't insane or have any other mental defects/illnesses. OP simply saw a way "out" of the mess he has gotten himself into and jumped on it as if it was a lifeboat in the middle of an ocean.

MOO

Yes. Very doubtful. I read the start of Dr. V's testimony on here and it seemed her purpose was to throw a little pity party for OP. Nel won't be having any of that piffle.

I would have bet, OP had his prosthetics on, but the expert witness told me I'm wrong. The psychiatrist today told us, OP doesn't/didn't like to show his stumps, not even to his family. Therefore I'm always still thinking, maybe he had legs on in the night of murder. My son, who is in the military, claims: if on legs, OP could hardly simulate to be on stumps while shooting at RS.

He could if he was kneeling.

Does anyone think that the Defense is going to wrap up their CIC tomorrow/today (Tuesday)? And if not, will Roux/Defense blame it on Nel because of the way today/yesterday went with Nel saying that he is going to file the application for psychiatric testing to be done on OP?

I don't know but if they haul him off for 30 days I'm going into withdrawal - shaking, cold chills, the whole 9 yards. Gonna have to go back to my Nel-Anon meetings.

Is this tail-gating when we all get here early for the "big game" and sit around talking about it before it starts?

Is that "shrimp on the barbie" I smell?

Hi Anagrammy! OP was seen coming down the stairs with Reeva in his arms by Carice S, Dr Stipp, J. Stander, and possibly one of the security guards wearing his prosthetics. OP also had blood on his prosthetics. He was definately wearing them when he took Reeva downstairs.

I have this sneaking suspicion he took them off for the shots and then put them back on straight away. Take a second and picture that-- it explains a lot, doesn't it?

Following your train of thought, my question is why didn't he simply bash the door with his prosthesis, the one he just took off to look more vulnerable?

I really don't think Nel had any real choice. Asking the witness if believed OP is dangerous supports the state's case. Once the witness agreed and said his GAD is worsening and that he could be dangerous if he had access to a gun, Nel had to act on that whether it supported the state's case or not. JMO

In any court there must be some responsibility for public safety if there's information of risk to this, not unlike the paramount principle for a child's safety? I hope...

The witness was clear, precise, easy to follow and was clearly not intending to compromise her own professional integrity.

Re 1st BIB - she also stated that he was dangerous before she added he could be dangerous with a gun. Re 2nd BIB, I think it for this reason that an assessment will be made.

Are you watching a different trial? :confused:
I never heard or read anything about diminished culpability. And Nel was alot of things today, (brilliant comes to mind) but flustered wasn't one of them.
:banghead:

There was one moment right at the very end where Nel was flustered

when he triumphantly dismissed the witness with no further questions and was about to approach the bench , leading the court and with the whole world on the edge of their seats he was about to finish off a pure ingenious tactical maneuver ....but it was not to be.

That move if he completed it successfully on the spot forcing a decision from the judge would have placed him in instant legend status. I think he felt a bit flustered then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay