Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I am just listening to this now...so this was what Nel was talking about. It's very hard to hear but are Wolmarans and Roger Dixon discussing how to testify?

Jacques Steenkamp @JacqueSteenkamp · 23h

Nel just asked Wolmarans about this discussion with Dixon on 26 April at Jocks: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_TyWQ6Hyno … #OscarPistorius #sabcnew

"...it was not altered, it was not digitally compromised."
Wolmarans & Dixon Conversation on 26 April 2014 in public - YouTube

Please cease making negative characterizations and comments about opposing views. Moreover, stop discussing other members on the public board as if they are not reading the posts. The topic is the trial, evidence and court proceedings not other members or their opinions. Treat others as you would want to be treated on the public board. If posts annoy you then consider the ignore mode.

Oh, I am just listening to this now...so this was what Nel was talking about. It's very hard to hear but are Wolmarans and Roger Dixon discussing how to testify?

Jacques Steenkamp @JacqueSteenkamp · 23h

"...it was not altered, it was not digitally compromised."
Wolmarans & Dixon Conversation on 26 April 2014 in public - YouTube

I can't make out anything useful, though I'm trying.

Where did this come from? Who is saying "it was not digitally compromised"?

What does "Jacques Steenkamp@JacqueSteenkamp 23hr" mean?

Is this the infamous meal they had where pork chops were not available? WTH?

ETA: Now I see you made a quote from Jacques Steenkamp, but where is this from?

Because, imo, he decided Reeva had to die before she could tell whatever it was that he had done that would ruin him (probably domestic violence) because he already had a legal case pending against him by the former girlfriend.

I also think he threw all the phones in the toilet room with her so no one could say she was prevented from calling the police. That long delay while she was dying he was racing around adjusting the crime scene and walking through his "version," concocting his story trying to make it sound just like the SA guy who was just let off.

As always, JMO. Is this plausible to you?

I have always thought it odd that phones that had not been used for four months were found in the bathroom but haven't found a reasonable or unreasonable explanation why. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by Sha View Post
If Oscar Pistorius is a danger to society like I just heard on the news, just because he has generalized anxiety disorder?? Well, I have it too, not to mention PTSD, OCD, and depression. Does that mean I'M a danger to society too??

Originally Posted by Sha View Post
I have absolutely no compulsions to hurt anyone.

Good to know, but if you ever do I'm prepared to offer several suggestions.

No guns and don't be an admirer of cricket and baseball and don't wear prosthetics!:blushing:

Here you go Section 78

http://bama.ua.edu/~jhooper/southaf.html

78 directs that the assessment consider whether the mental illness or disability interferes with the defendant's appreciation of wrongfulness, or his ability to act in accordance with such an appreciation. It is an interesting anomaly in that the question of criminal responsibility is assumed to be juridical (in that only the court can decide this) but the Act requires psychiatrists to comment on this.

This is not what Voster claimed. She specifically said again and again that neither Oscar’s deformity or his psychiatric condition made the discernment of right and wrong impossible for Oscar. There was one point where Nel had confused her to the point that she gave a confused answer. Both Roux and Voster insisted that the claim was not that Oscar could not discern right from wrong.

Thus the judges not understanding Nel's request.

It was repeatedly clarified that it is the BIB that Nel is referring to, and Voster very clearly stated that yes, it WOULD affect his ability to act in accordance with such an appreciation.

Oscar's supporters here truly have no limits to the amount of rubbish they are willing to accept from OP and STILL carry on in his defence.

I have always thought it odd that phones that had not been used for four months were found in the bathroom but haven't found a reasonable or unreasonable explanation why. Any thoughts?

If you're referring to the two Blackberry phones, they were found in the bedroom.

I can't make out anything useful, though I'm trying.

Where did this come from? Who is saying "it was not digitally compromised"?

What does "Jacques Steenkamp@JacqueSteenkamp 23hr" mean?

Is this the infamous meal they had where pork chops were not available? WTH?

Sorry, I just edited my post to put @JacqueSteenkamp in the quote box. Still figuring out forums *duh!* but it's a tweet from a South African reporter covering the trial.

The youtube is presumably from a member of the public who secretly recorded a conversation at Jocks restaurant which sounds like Roux(?), Wolmarans and Roger Dixon on April 26th about Dixon's testimony and, I assume, the testimony of Wolmarans to come.

Yes, it's the meeting that Nel asked Wolmarans about in trial (someone must have handed the recording to the prosecution) regarding tailoring evidence and Wolmarans said he remembered he had pork chops while conveniently forgetting what exactly they talked about.

I couldn't make out much but I want to listen to it later on. The poster says listen to 1.29 and "Shame on you Wollie" but I generally find it hard to understand Wollie!

Edit: I think they seem to be talking in the first minutes about the recording of the door/bat and gun sounds. Seems like Dixon and Wolmarans (and Roux?) are discussing how to talk about the recordings with semantics about the words "manipulated" and "digitally compromised" to try to find the best way of saying and yet not saying there was editing and/or alterations involved.

But will listen to it again when I can use my deadphones...unless, hopefully, someone can transcribe it before me ;)

Mr Fossil, this is what I read about the phones. Is this totally wrong as I have believed it all through the trial.

"Prosecutors said two iPhones and two BlackBerrys were found on the bathroom floor of Pistorius's luxury home in Pretoria after the killing. The phones are seen as potentially vital evidence because text messages could corroborate or undermine his account of what happened that night.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/feb/10/oscar-pistorius-murder-trial-phone-access

Mr Fossil, this is what I read about the phones. Is this totally wrong as I have believed it all through the trial.

"Prosecutors said two iPhones and two BlackBerrys were found on the bathroom floor of Pistorius's luxury home in Pretoria after the killing. The phones are seen as potentially vital evidence because text messages could corroborate or undermine his account of what happened that night.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/feb/10/oscar-pistorius-murder-trial-phone-access

Transcript from start of 24 March 2014:

Nel Admissions in terms of Section 220 of the Criminal Procedure Act.

One. That the two iPhones seized in the bathroom of 14 February 2013, and two Blackberry phones as well as two iPads seized from the bedroom on 14 February 2013 were handed to Captain Muller.

It is my opinion that the judge will not rule For Oscar to be evaluated, as the decision will be made after Roux re-examines the witness. I am sure he will use all his skills to water down the psychiatrist's terminology to state that his so-called generalised anxiety disorder may have influenced some of his actions but he still retained his mental faculties. In so doing, I think Roux will negate much of the impact of her evidence and therefore will still be seen as a win for Nel.

Of course, Nel may decide to continue his cross examination and may yet extract further concessions regarding the danger Oscar poses to society. In which case, my previous statements would no longer be valid.

HELP!!! that new thread is still locked. Isnt it time.....:panic:

Somebody recorded it? Lol. I can't tell what they are saying. Can you make anything out?

Here's what I can make out....
Definitely talking about what was said in court!!!!!!!!!!!! And what they did together in sound tests, I think..........and maybe W is anticipating giving testimony at this time.

Also, I think I hear other voices in their conversation....

D: You did manipulate. Manipulate means _______ around. Pieces of recording was not altered....but when you say I didn't manipulate...

W: I moved it with my hand. I manipulated it.

D: I did move it with my hand; that's what manipulation is.

W: I didn't alter...How can I say ___ if it wasn't....My meaning wasn't...

Dixon:...I did the sound test...I said no milady, I didn't do the sound test...but I did....the cricket bat....strike the....I said W....recorded him halfway....

W: And then afterwards...
D: Yes...and the first thing you did is you listened to my first 10 blows of the bat and said it was a _______.

W: ...and you don't want to know....
D: But you did, you resolved it....and I asked her....
W: No, I said it sounds like....
D: Sounds like....Mr. W no need to say any of these words...

W or someone else: ...felt it sounds like a man...
D: everybody said it....when you played the music first...
W: ....music......cricket bat....
D: ....impression from the tapes....

W: I'm sure I'm going to....
D: I did my best......one then the other....difference.....cricket bat sounds first and then.....don't know....

_______

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member