Trial Discussion Thread #39 - 14.05.14 Day 32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wait for a bed in a mental institution is 6-12 months at least.
OP is not a paranoid schizophrenic or suffering psychotic episodes, so this is quite a normal arrangement.

The institution is also a prison type environment (you are locked up), and she does not see this as "fair" at the moment. His punishment should follow his conviction and sentence.

What's fair about RS being dead in the ground while her admitted killer hasn't lost his ability to go out and about, leave the country, influence witnesses, drink, date, heck I'm sure if he wanted to get married and start a family there's nothing stopping that either... the only ones who are being "punished" so far are RS's family and friends. The fact is is that OP did kill RS and other than spending a few days waiting to post bail he hasn't been punished at all, other than what he claimed when he said his life was on hold... big frikkin deal.

I cannot believe a judge of Masipa's calibre and reputation would act that way.

1. Judges are not permitted to know their verdict before all the evidence has been heard...[snip]
Proof please.

It could all be a calculated act to garner sympathy, but the sight of OP's loved ones rushing to "soothe" him at every court break indicates he has some serious mental issues imo. It's like they know from experience exactly what happens when OP gets upset and isn't immediately placated. I'm glad professionals will get to evaluate OP apart from his family and give him the recognized personality tests.

Now that you mention it...

zONgpnU.jpg
He did say he wanted to be an architect after his sporting career ended. See interview posted on YT pre 2012 Olympics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtJoJiSclzg&feature=player_detailpage

I also read (whilst I was sleuthing around the www) he has been doing art therapy to cope since he killed Reeva.
The pic throws the sudoko fans theory out the window.

Now OP has the time and opportunity to come up with some sort of new angle which of course will involve new testimony about poor OP and his GAD. Bottom line is he's a liar and he's going to keep lying if he thinks it will help.

I know, I know, I'm just repeating the obvious. Don't mind me I had to rant just a bit :sigh:

The cynic in me says OP will have all the best 'coaches' telling him how to act and what to say during these tests to achieve the outcome the defence wants.
I just can't help thinking the defence has pulled a fast one here knowing their case was hopeless................surely Dr.V was told what to say by Roux and he knew this would be the outcome?

Were there subtle clues in judge Masipa's use of the phrase, "He shouldn't be punished TWICE." ????

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman · 1m
#OscarTrial here we go - the orderly gives the announcement that we’ll start soon. BB

I'm just now going back upthread to read today's comments and ran across this one.

In the US, court announcements are made by bailiffs. The term "orderly" is often heard in connection with mental hospitals.

In that part of the Judge's order where she referred to him being a bad witness, I'm pretty sure she was summarizing statements that had been made by the Prosecutor during his argument yesterday.

What's fair about RS being dead in the ground while her admitted killer hasn't lost his ability to go out and about, leave the country, influence witnesses, drink, date, heck I'm sure if he wanted to get married and start a family there's nothing stopping that either... the only ones who are being "punished" so far are RS's family and friends. The fact is is that OP did kill RS and other than spending a few days waiting to post bail he hasn't been punished at all, other than what he claimed when he said his life was on hold... big frikkin deal.

Absolutely, and no other killer would be allowed the luxury of all this amount of freedom for well over a year now, before and during their trial.

I read when he around 17 he used to draw and paint in his spare time.

He also has claimed in past interviews to be interested in architecture, so being able to draw straight lines would be advantageous to that, it's not as easy as it looks. :)

Absolutely, and no other killer would be allowed the luxury of all this amount of freedom for well over a year now, before and during their trial.

I have to say I was rather disturbed when I read the details of how differently the other double amputee was treated because his crime was only fraud not murder. The only different thing was that he had a previous conviction so maybe that was why he had to wait and fight so hard for bail .

David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic 3m

And just for the record Nel's word of "it will be investigated" is far from him being an outpatient.

From Nel's arguments for the order yesterday I think the State is too. And the State has still not explained the first set of bangs nor a man screaming "help, help, help" that quite a few witnesses heard between the first and second set of bangs all of which is, looking at it coldly, is really quite difficult to tally up unless his version is the truth. And, I am not saying OP is innocent of killing Reeva nor that he shouldn't be punished, unless he was in a state of temporary "insanity" at the time that would completely annul his criminal responsibility, nor am I an "oscar supporter", merely someone with a passion for justice and law.

Just a thought.

Could it have been Frank who was screaming for help?

:drumroll:

David Dadic RT: defence is putative self defence due to heightened state of fear caused by GAD. I think that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08