Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning good people, been listening since the break. I'll try not to be a jack-in-the box either. Testimony is a bit dis-jointed, no pun intended.

N: The struggling in the dark, you'd be able to overcome it if holding onto something?

Dr agrees.

N: Running in the pitch dark, would you expect him to fall?

Dr: It would be difficult to run in pitch dark, holding a weapon, without falling. His risk of falling.

N: If there was a light on, there'd be less risk of falling. If he could see?

dr: yes.

It appears that Judge Masipa believes OP's version regarding the led light on the stereo providing enough illumination for OP to have seen the jeans on the floor, even though OP has claimed simultaneously that the room was "pitch dark".

I'm losing confidence in Judge Masipa.

I am, too .. she's also said a couple of other things which make me feel that she has not really understood some things fully, things she really should be razor sharp on.

Nel asks why Dr put about OP being vulnerable and impaired in report, and just as Nel gets to crucial bit, judge stops the trial because of the 'slight challenge' with 'the machine'.

teatime.

Judge Masipa: "We have to allow the machine to come back to life."

:giggle:

Dr says he would have a severe impairment to defend himself without a weapon.

Nel asks why Dr put about OP being vulnerable and impaired in report, and just as Nel gets to crucial bit, judge stops the trial because of the 'slight challenge' with 'the machine'.

teatime.

Boy you're quick Zwiebel!!! You announced tea before the judge did!!!

Problem with court machine. They have to stop and allow the machine to come back to life. Early tea break.

The Dr got lucky. Nel was coming in for the kill on something, and the machine broke.

It's now limited light according to Roux? Why couldn't OP see Reeva?!

Especially as Dr Vorster said Pistorius was clinically 'hyper-vigilant' and yet surprisingly couldn't see an awake Steenkamp pop out of bed next to him... multiple times.

Oh, wait, Pistorius now is found not to have had GAD on Valentines Day, he was just hyper-screamy.

I thought Nel was close to showing that Dr's evidence was not objective because of his statement about OP's mental feeling of vulnerability then.

News camera has turned itself on...panning 360 degrees is making me dizzy.

Nel is taking the Dr through all the movements with the fan.
Dr says carrying the fan could be a "tripod" aid.

C'mon Gerry just ask him why OP didn't just turn the light on and put his bloody legs on !!!!

To save 1 hour of questioning and then listen the doc slooowly repeat the question back followed by a yuuueeesss. (why cant he just say yes like the rest of us?)

Wouldnt it be easy if Nel just said he ran to the bathroom and then to the balcony on his stumps on his version in the dark..is that possible...yuuueeess.

done in 5 mins.

Different here, in the break I'm seeing a newscaster on the street who doesn't know she's live. Could be interesting! open mike on the street :)

It appears that Judge Masipa believes OP's version regarding the led light on the stereo providing enough illumination for OP to have seen the jeans on the floor, even though OP has claimed simultaneously that the room was "pitch dark".

I'm losing confidence in Judge Masipa.

In this instance I feel that too. It's like she can't remember what OP's version is? That can't be true. :no: jmo

LOL @ the live stream still running when the court is away. There was a female asking about her make up saying "it's ******ed" and then "I'm a heroin addict, why is he bringing that up now?"

They've cut it now :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members