Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While there's plenty of people around tonight, can someone tell me if the light on OP's balcony was on all night, as in it was on for security purposes and couldn't be turned off?

From what I remember the light was supposed to have been on all night. No idea if it had a sensor or could be switched off though. IIRC the police saw the light was on but my memory may be a bit fuzzy now :blushing:

Oscar Trial Channel
VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png
@OscarTrial199
RetweetIcon.gif
Retweeted by
twitter_bird.png

Tea's over. Judge Masipa is back #oscartrial

While there's plenty of people around tonight, can someone tell me if the light on OP's balcony was on all night, as in it was on for security purposes and couldn't be turned off?

The balcony light was still on when the police arrived. Whether OP turned it on at some stage we did not hear. However, if it was on, how come it was so dark in the bedroom? In OP's amended description of the fan evidence he said he draped curtains round it. IMO opinion it would not be possible to completely eliminate light from the balcony by draping the curtains, only by pulling the curtains, blinds, etc properly (which is what he said in his BH). There must be a reason why he changed his story but it escapes me at the moment. Sorryl I don't know if it was security lighting.

Barry Bateman: Versfeld: included his report that the accused had a severe impaired ability to ward off danger without a weapon... BB

I think running towards the perceived danger and everything else he says he did on his stumps would be a far greater impairment to ward off danger IMO. According to Dr Versfeld he had very serious issues on his stumps, especially if there was no light, not to mention the fact that he needed to hold onto something for balance. If he didn't have a gun he could have used the trusty cricket bat, used the alarm, run out of the room etc etc.
I believe he always had his prostheses on that night.

N: If the ccused can see-if there's light, the risk of falling is less?

Dr agrees, Nel repeats question about why Dr mentioned OP being vulnerable without a weapon.

I'm thinking the tea time has turned into a breakfast buffet. The only tweets I'm hearing are the birds waking up.

Well, it could cause sympathy. Or, as with me, it could lead people to wonder if he was coming close to breaking point and poor Reeva just happened to be around when he reached it.

Of course that could be also, Zwiebel.

:loveyou:

Dr: He is still impaired (with weapon) but not as impaired as he would be without one.

:floorlaugh:

You're another Southerner... you already know how this conversation is going to play out ! I'm waiting to hear "bless your heart", and "go to the doctor and get some of those replacement hormones"

I over-rode the timer setting on the coffee maker myself...brewing early. DH will be up in 13 minutes; then I will hear how crazy I am

:laughcry:

I'm getting the stink eye from my Chihuahua, Skeeter.

N: You'd agree, having made findings you did, if it was dark it would have affected him?

Dr: Yes

N: Also, if there were things in his way, like a duvet?

Dr: That wld also be a problem....if he stood on an electric cord, that wld also be a problem.

N: Did he come there with a document?

Dr: No. I just asked him how he felt on his stumps....obviously that information was (intended) for the court.

N: Based on your clinical understanding, highly unlikely he'd be able to walk in area with cables, duvets, ipods...?

Dr: If it was indeed pitch dark, that it so.

Roux up. 'Moving closer to context of the case.'

The balcony light was still on when the police arrived. Whether OP turned it on at some stage we did not hear. However, if it was on, how come it was so dark in the bedroom? In OP's amended description of the fan evidence he said he draped curtains round it. IMO opinion it would not be possible to completely eliminate light from the balcony by draping the curtains, only by pulling the curtains, blinds, etc properly (which is what he said in his BH). There must be a reason why he changed his story but it escapes me at the moment. Sorryl I don't know if it was security lighting.

I'll be posting about the curtains either later tonight or tomorrow.

Roux is talking about the blue LED 'it's not that it's pitch dark'.

Dr: The moment there is light available, he'd be able to use it to balance.

Dr says that part of OP's statement where he says he used hand on floor to balance 'makes sense'.

R talking about light coming from bathroom passage now: 'It's not that he's walking in the dark. He's got light ahead of him'.

Dr says OP would have used walls in passage to balance.

Something to doodle for OP (if the testimonies are boring):

Attachments

• doodle-art.png
    doodle-art.png
    395.8 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors