Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If OP has pain on his left stump, and has balance issues on his stumps in the dark, all the more reason, IMO, that he should have put his prosthetics on & turned on a light when he supposedly heard a noise in the bathroom.

And I believe that's exactly what he did - put his prostheses on.

Roux saying Nel needs to check a photo, and that Roux forgot to hand in a report by Peter B about 'the guard track'?

This witness really helped the Defense's case IMO. It seems unlikely that OP used the cricket bat while on his stumps.
Well if the defence calls enough of them, one of them is likely to be beneficial. Don't think he quite cancels out Roger Dixon though, or the psychologist who spent a day or two with him and whose findings have now been significantly downgraded by the psych report. Even Kelly Phelps had to admit that, through somewhat gritted teeth.

Roux talking about the the cables in bedroom, if they were long enough to move or not. He got a response 'the police did not have the extension' cable.

This witness really helped the Defense's case IMO. It seems unlikely that OP used the cricket bat while on his stumps.

Agreed. That's one reason why many of us feel he had his prosthetics on all along.

R: We see in this (photo) it's here. Next photo, it has gone....it cannot be. We ask the court to order the state (to produce it). Someone must explain what happened to it.

N: Short answer - we don't have it. Crt cannot order state to make available something we don't have.

Judge: Where is the inventory?

N: It's not on it....the state cannot comply. It's impossible.

Roux asked about walking over duvet. I thought OP said duvet was never on the floor.

Yes, absolutely! In OP's version, he places the fan on the floor exactly where the duvet is shown on the photos we've seen and he categorically stated that the duvet wasn't there and that the police had put it there.

Ooooh. Defence in trouble here. Judge says 'it's common cause'.

What's that?

Judge says maybe police can answer the question. Nel answers on their behalf, they can't.

Judge displeased. 'It can't walk....I'm very concerned. What happened to it?'

N: It was moved, or left in the house when accused wnt back...

Judge: But there must be a chain....

N: Mr Stander was handed a key to house....police never made an inventory of what was left in the house

Judge: Well, I'm not happy. But don't see how I can order state to produce something they've lost.

These live feeds are driving me up the wall, why can't they sort them out properly if they're going to show something like this live? Currently, on the Channel 4 live streaming I have 'Monty Python' giving a press conference :facepalm:

This looks very bad for the chain of evidence....Judge won't let this go. Pinning Neel and he obviously has no idea what happened to it.

The blood on the duvet on the floor that absolutely wasn't on the floor according to OP is a huge piece of evidence that goes against OP. I wonder if Roux is purposefully muddying the waters by casually mentioning it being on the floor now - making it look like it was always the DT's assertion that it wasn't on the bed.

Oh, no. This is not good. Why didn't the police just unplug the cord from the wall, inventory it, and take it into evidence? It would have been such an easy thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper