Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a big deal to Misipa, IMO, and going to cause a problem.

Ivan Lin. Judge just could not hear what he was saying when he told her how it was spelt.

I wonder if Roux had his own inventory of what was left at the house and knew himself that the cable had been overlooked by the police?

That's what I was thinking. He obviously is certain defence won't find it....

Roux is making a huge histrionic hullaballoo out of the extension cord mystery. I think he is trying to make the cops appear crooked and inept.

Nel should have suggested that perhaps it was in that purse that OP's sister stole from the crime scene... heck, the DT were in the house on the 15th doing their stuff, any one of them could have taken it, just like that missing splinter from the door that it turns out Dixon had.

Is this guy going to prove that OP screams like a woman? :facepalm:

Lin is an electrical engineer.

Going thru his CV.

He does pro-acoustics.

With respect to the cord, I am sure a competent mathematician should be able to determine how long it was from the photos. It should be possible to lay another cable in the exact place (taken from the photos) and then make a measurement. Most bought cords are sold in metres and sometimes half metres. Whether the new occupants would agree to that is another matter - lol.

I think My Lady is showing a bit of bias in favor of Roux here. She is acting like this lost cord is a major federal crime. If the key to the house was given to Stander, then anyone could have taken it. Not necessary to assume the cops were to blame.

I agree, Katydid23, and I don't think it is the first time either. Roux probably knows exactly where that cord is, IMO.

I hope OP doesn't walk.

*Excuse my interruption, please.

With respect to the cord, I am sure a competent mathematician should be able to determine how long it was from the photos. It should be possible to lay another cable in the exact place (taken from the photos) and then make a measurement. Whether the new occupants would agree to that is another matter - lol.

I'd think it cld be done from photos, measured against something of which size is known, like the fan?

This looks very bad for the chain of evidence....Judge won't let this go. Pinning Neel and he obviously has no idea what happened to it.

This is just stupid, I'm becoming more and more annoyed with this Judge .. is there anything else she feels should've been kept as exhibits, like every single item in the house? I know the cable was important, but they have photographic evidence of it, showing the length of it, etc, etc .. that is the whole point of photographic evidence .. it's just not possible to retain every single physical item otherwise you would literally have a whole house full of stuff. In fact, you could argue that OP shouldn't even have sold the house until after the trial on the basis that it was considered an exhibit. The judge is nitpicking all this stuff and is going to assist OP to get off of murdering Reeva in cold blood .. I can see exactly where this is going and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stick watching it much longer.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 36s
#OscarTrial Lin: … and whether a person can hear emotion in a voice from that distance away. BB

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 16s
#OscarTrial Lin dealt with two questions - can a person distinguish male from female voice at 177m away from the source… BB

I am going to struggle with this witness' testimony. It all sounds very technical, decibels and frequencies etc. And he sounds like he is just reading explanations from a book, not simplifying at all in his own words.

From Barry Bateman:

#OscarTrial the state’s acoustics expert is seated next to Nel, they’re paging through the report. BB

Ugh. Just reading whole list of definitions and I can hardly understand a word. He is gabbling.

Ah. So Roux just explained the witness testimony for us. Summed up as that, because of human psychology, two people can heard the same noise and hear it differently.

I think this testimony is meaningless.

I am going to struggle with this witness' testimony. It all sounds very technical, decibels and frequencies etc. And he sounds like he is just reading explanations from a book, not simplifying at all in his own words.

You and me both. I am having flashbacks to college, and trying to understand certain professors, talking about technical things, in thick accents, and having no idea what they are talking about.

This is just stupid, I'm becoming more and more annoyed with this Judge .. is there anything else she feels should've been kept as exhibits, like every single item in the house? I know the cable was important, but they have photographic evidence of it, showing the length of it, etc, etc .. that is the whole point of photographic evidence .. it's just not possible to retain every single physical item otherwise you would literally have a whole house full of stuff. In fact, you could argue that OP shouldn't even have sold the house until after the trial on the basis that it was considered an exhibit. The judge is nitpicking all this stuff and is going to assist OP to get off of murdering Reeva in cold blood .. I can see exactly where this is going and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stick watching it much longer.

I'm wondering the opposite - whether she's trying to ensure that her trial seems 100% fair and so that there's no grounds for appeal when she gives him a hefty sentence. Hence the mental health assessment etc.

And, if she's truly upset by this piece of seemingly not that crucial evidence i wonder how she really feels about Carice and Aimee running off with Reeva's handbag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EasyFiling