Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rachael123, was my quote in your reply accidental - I can't see a missing cable at that link, Lol!

This witness really helped the Defense's case IMO. It seems unlikely that OP used the cricket bat while on his stumps.

I agree. And it seems like he couldn't do all of that running around in the dark bedroom on his stumps either.

And the way the Doctor described his extreme vulnerabilities, makes it seem more likely that he put his legs on when he got out of bed.

Judge asking if it's possible to go to house and look for the cable - Nel responds house has been sold.

Roux up, says 'it's not at the house'. Highlighting how at fault the police are for this loss of evidence.

Judge: When was it first noticed cable is missing?

R: In the photo.

R: At least the court could order the state to investigate. Who was in charge?

Roux is making a huge histrionic hullaballoo out of the extension cord mystery. I think he is trying to make the cops appear crooked and inept.

This debacle has given the defense an 'up' they needed. This also gives Misipa (sp) a technicality to say the defense is prejudiced due to the missing cord.

MOO

Judge has just asked Nel if the request is fair?

N: If I understand, R wants an explanation from person who sealed the house? We'll do that, but I don't see how it wld assist?

Judge: It may not assist Mr Roux but it will assist me. I'm not happy about this.

So Roux's team had the key from Stander. Could Stander or Roux's team have removed it OR perhaps OP's housekeeper has moved it. There were sound tests done, did those doing the sound tests use it and remove it. It seems the house has now been emptied due to its sale. So who removed everything?

*Gonna be another delay, IMO.

Okay, Misipa, just call the whole thing off and acquit OP now.

MOO

Judge: Do we know who that person was?

N: Col Van Rensburg (mentions one other. Not Botha).

Judge has just made an order for 'that person, whoever he is' to post an affidavit about what happened.

That's gonna be a huge delay, surely?

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 10s
#OscarTrial Nel: Van Rensburg and Van Staden were in charge of the scene. BB

Roux has handed over that 'guard track' report. Is that the security system?

Nxt witness is Ivan Lsomething.

No filming, again.

Oh well that is not good. Ugh!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I think My Lady is showing a bit of bias in favor of Roux here. She is acting like this lost cord is a major federal crime. If the key to the house was given to Stander, then anyone could have taken it. Not necessary to assume the cops were to blame.

I wonder if Roux had his own inventory of what was left at the house and knew himself that the cable had been overlooked by the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech