Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be ironic if Nel uses Dixon's testimony - which he discredited so much - to discredit this witness'es testimony.

I'm ever so sorry, but if the last testimony has to be gone through again, I'm not listening.

So I think that Lin is saying that the neighbours on their balcony could have heard sounds coming from OP's bedroom?

Roux is making a huge histrionic hullaballoo out of the extension cord mystery. I think he is trying to make the cops appear crooked and inept.

For once I think Roux is entitled to jump up and down about this because it was Nel, eons ago, who raised the issue about the extension cord not being long enough. The outcome of the case was never going to hinge on the issue of whether the small fan was plugged in and turned on. It was just one small piece of evidence for the PT's circumstantial case. Let the police and Masipa sort it out. While Masipa may be unhappy about it, I really can't see anything turning on this. I for one am not worried about it all.

Hmm so is that with the listeners bedroom windows open or closed when the sound would be likely to be inaudible?

He is now measuring ambient noise of court.

Which is 38DBA with the typing.

I agree. And it seems like he couldn't do all of that running around in the dark bedroom on his stumps either.

And the way the Doctor described his extreme vulnerabilities, makes it seem more likely that he put his legs on when he got out of bed.

I know Nel kept on saying OP was "running" here and there and everywhere, but did OP actually say he "ran" down the passage, around the bedroom, into the bathroom, etc. ? I am sure I recall OP said he moved backwards towards the bedroom after the shots keeping his eye on the bathroom window... can anyone "run" backwards?

Lin now talking softly right next to machine and it's about 47DBA. Roux, talking softly from some distance away, is 48.

When Lin speaks normally, it's about 67.

Roux down, Nel up.

He's going to ask for break until tomorrow....

I know Nel kept on saying OP was "running" here and there and everywhere, but did OP actually say he "ran" down the passage, around the bedroom, into the bathroom, etc. ? I am sure I recall OP said he moved backwards towards the bedroom after the shots keeping his eye on the bathroom window... can anyone "run" backwards?

If you listened tgo his testimony, he said he ran. While holding his gun. in the dark!

The judge thinks that is reasonable request. I'd have been astounded at any other decision.

Adjourned until 9.30am Tomorrow.

Well I wish Nel luck having to plough thru all that testimony tonight, I really do. I hope he has an expert sound engineer to consult with.

Whoop says that the question of any sound manipulation may arise during cross, and that was the subject spoken about during Dixon's testimony....remember the frogs anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute