Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lin has listed about 10 'scenarios' where sound could/could not/might be audible from certain rooms in the house.

Will Nel have had access to this report in advance? If not, heck knows what he'll do with this evidence.

Think Masipa is being harsh because she wants a fair trial. She cannot afford to have any fall out about not asking for the chord should OP be found guilty, so she must make a big deal of sorting out if it is lost or not. As much as I'm not loving this chord story, don't think it really clouds the issue - it was in one photo, apparently... so it did exist, does not mean the police tampered, just lost it. Which is not good, but I feel won't impact the hard facts - minus the chord, his story is still BS, IMO.

~rsbm~

.. yes, but where is she going to start drawing the line? She could be forever delaying, in order to make sure that certain things are covered, just in order to make sure her back is covered. You'd never reach a verdict at that rate.

So what does today tell us?

That OP wasn't suffering from an anxiety disorder and was cool as a cucumber?

So, I guess they are trying to set up a point, that someone didnt hear what they said they heard? What does it matter. A scream from the bathroom is a scream from the bathroom. Just the fact there IS a scream is enough. IMO

It's a bit of a stretch to think that witnesses who were awaken in the middle of the night by a scream, made it up or are lying about what they heard. IMO

This is making me really cross with Roux. What is he trying to achieve with this witness?

To confuse the court about whether the screams heard could have been RS or not and create doubt, or, put them to sleep so they miss Nel's cross that will hopefully tell us what many of us believe, that in fact, the sound witnesses not only distinguished and heard a "woman's" bloodcurdling screams but in fact could not have not heard it unless they were sound asleep or had some sort of major obstruction between them and the sound waves(headphones, walls, closed doors/windows and a noisy airconditioner).

AH. At last: 'From 177m, it's most unlikely anyone could hear a scream from the bathroom.'

It would be 'unintelligable'.

So, I guess they are trying to set up a point, that someone didnt hear what they said they heard? What does it matter. A scream from the bathroom is a scream from the bathroom. Just the fact there IS a scream is enough. IMO
Yes, but was it a man or woman screaming? And, could witnesses have heard a woman screaming locked inside the toilet?

He is not identifying WHICH folks could hear due to direction and how close they are... to refute any/support any testimony yet. That's what I want on HIS RECORD for his testimony so that all that jibberish can be understood (if you have a pHD in this perhaps lol)

I agree, Katydid23, and I don't think it is the first time either. Roux probably knows exactly where that cord is, IMO.

I hope OP doesn't walk.

*Excuse my interruption, please.

Probably in the same place as the missing phone was ... with the DT.

So in expert's experience, what people heard that night cannot be relied upon in terms of if they actually heard any scream, and if it was a male or female.

How far away was the nearest person who heard the screams?

And how would the expert know how loud the screams were? People's voices can vary a lot in loudness, surely?

Oh. Roux mentioned recording?

Now, another break.

But didn't Mangena's report determine OP fired without his prosthetics on which is the State's case?

Yes but the state don't know if the bat came first or the shots so I figure they've had to concede points they couldn't prove - like OP having his legs on and shooting from a crouching position.

What was that mention of recording? Are we going to hear OP screaming at last?

I think whoop just said they heard suggestion Nel will cross this witness based on something Dixon said about these tests?

It's a bit of a stretch to think that witnesses who were awaken in the middle of the night by a scream, made it up or are lying about what they heard. IMO

I think this is where OP was as cool as a cucumber. In almost every murder trial, that would be the case. And a victim screaming would be damning. But because OP said he was screaming, the whole thing has been cast into doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano