Trial Discussion Thread #44 - 14.07.1-2, Day 34-35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has the court adjourned?

Nel was unaware that a character witness was next. Being OP's manager, I imagine Nel will have quite a few questions to ask and he needs time to prepare.

Nel was unaware that a character witness was next. Being OP's manager, I imagine Nel will have quite a few questions to ask and he needs time to prepare.

Oh, thanks. fair enough. Wonder if he was snuck in at the last minute or Roux is just trying to make things harder for Nel.

Lol, Suthrnqt.

Ok, back to reading the Baden-Clay thread.

Didn't Roux say before OP went into hospital that there was only one more witness after Dr Vorster? If that's true then he's obviously thinking the defence case was looking weak. These last witnesses have been good for both Roux and Nel. One very reputable coherent doctor, one very qualified tecnical expert (albeit boring) and one overly chatty agent who thinks he can compete in Nel's world.

Oh, thanks. fair enough. Wonder if he was snuck in at the last minute or Roux is just trying to make things harder for Nel.

Lol, Suthrnqt.

Ok, back to reading the Baden-Clay thread.

Aww, you just corrected it - predictive text? :floorlaugh:

Looks like Nel's paying attention to you all as he seems to have spotted the continual 'I' references.

Yes... And IMO the PT team will be reading here all night as to the break. Just for ideas and what not. moo

I took it that OP has been suffering from PTSD subsequent to, not prior to, his shooting Reeva. His remorse could well be triggered by his current predicament as much as anything. My comment re 'cat out of the bag' was that Nel alluded to this condition yesterday prior to (as you pointed out to me in an earlier post) the full detail of the assessment being released.

Ah, now I get it. That's what I didn't understand, i.e., whether your "cat in the bag" was because he had let it out before the full assessment was released, a bit indiscreet since it may never be released, at least not in full, so as I said it is personal and I believe its secrecy is protected except the parts necessary for the trial, i.e. that he was compos mentis when he fired the shots, or parts the defence choses to disclose for mitigation purposes since the report may have other findings of other psychological issues that they could use as is their right as it is also the right of the PT to use anything in the report to counter any mitigation attempt by the defence.

And yes, of course, PTSD would have to be after the event, but then maybe I explained myself badly since I just meant it as another possible finding by the panel, and not a prior psychiatric condition, albeit IMO I think it could be used by the defence to argue for sentence mitigation, perhaps to argue his remorse. JMHOSNNFS,I,OR

I have to say, I find it disingenuous that a coach/manager of a 'global brand' athlete would not have asked that athlete about any potentially brand-damaging incidents, even if he did not see them.

Also, was it mentioned before Reeva died that OP was thinking of retiring? I'm not sure how all these great brand ambassador deals were going to be made, if OP was about to retire.

I am getting the impression that the strains of professional racing and a high-public profile were getting too much for OP, and he was gradually reaching breaking point. Surely a good, experienced manager would have spotted those signs though?

Ah, now I get it. That's what I didn't understand, i.e., whether your "cat in the bag" was because he had let it out before the full assessment was released, a bit indiscreet since it may never be released, at least not in full, so as I said it is personal and I believe its secrecy is protected except the parts necessary for the trial, i.e. that he was compos mentis when he fired the shots, or parts the defence choses to disclose for mitigation purposes since the report may have other findings of other psychological issues that they could use as is their right as it is also the right of the PT to use anything in the report to counter any mitigation attempt by the defence.

And yes, of course, PTSD would have to be after the event, but then maybe I explained myself badly since I just meant it as another possible finding by the panel, and not a prior psychiatric condition, albeit IMO I think it could be used by the defence to argue for sentence mitigation, perhaps to argue his remorse. JMHOSNNFS,I,OR

So far I've got Just My Humble Opinion So No Need For....

Seriously thinking it's getting more and more likely that Nel will apply to reopen the state's case and if that happens we could even see Oscar back on the stand.

Let's hope so! :please::great:

Is a new judge allocated if the case is re-opened?

I just want to ask if you anticipate a guilty verdict? My apologies if I misread your post.
bbm in blue
Simples. No prob, and no apologies needed.

➊ VERDICT
--------------
Simple: Y E S

Complex: CULPABLE HOMICIDE

➋ SENTENCING
--------------------
Simple: ¡ NI PUÑETERA IDEA !

Complex: SUSPENDED TO 15 YEARS

JMHOSNNFS,I,OR

Any one in SA ever see OP in person? Perhaps helping an elderly person cross the road. If you did. Could you please contact the DT team .

Simples. No prob, and no apologies needed.

➊ VERDICT
--------------
Simple: Y E S

Complex: CULPABLE HOMICIDE
➋ SENTENCING
--------------------
Simple: ¡ NI PUÑETERA IDEA !

Complex: SUSPENDED TO 15 YEARS
JMHOSNNFS,I,OR
"Sentencing, Simple" translation has 2 possibilities:

1) no effing idea

or