Trial Discussion Thread #44 - 14.07.1-2, Day 34-35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VZ: Not once was I asked spcifically to make arrangements for Ms Taylor to accompany him to Olympic Games.

Looks like Nel's paying attention to you all as he seems to have spotted the continual 'I' references.

N: I had not idea this witness wld give evidence today. None whatsoever.

Says he might need more time. It's lunch.

My suggested question : "Mr VZ, have you a strong personal financial interest in securing OP's acquittal?"

Judge saying there is only one psych report, she wants more copies.

Court adjourned until 9.30am tom.

Laughing in the dock like that, so disrepectful, as well as down right creepy.

I saw that too. I'm feeling like this trial is losing momentum. Nel is carrying this whole show on his own. He's not even told who these witnesses are, he has to think on his feet, the court keeps adjourning.
:twocents: :tantrum:

With respect you are getting things all mixed up. OP was only evaluated in respect of whether any psychological condition/s he may have, if any and whatever it or they may be, could have affected his ability to appreciate wrongfulness, and/or his ability to act in accordance with his appreciation of wrongfulness, the night of the offence as per Masipa's order.

The "Mental State at Time of Offence Evaluation" as often called, covered nothing more. Zilch. And all of which doesn't mean, and repeat, doesn't mean, that OP doesn't have personality and/or psychological issues, as many of us do and as he probably has, and all of which the defence will obviously use as best they can, and as is their right, to try to mitigate sentencing, simply that the psychological issues OP has, be these GAD, OCD, ACD, or whatever they or other psychologists found, don't affect and didn't affect his ability to appreciate right and wrong that night, the ONLY thing the panel had to evaluate for the court.
I just want to ask if you anticipate a guilty verdict? My apologies if I misread your post.
bbm in blue

Whoop: I asked, 'What's it like sharing with OP? (Oliver) laughed and said 'Oh, we don't share anymore. He keeps shouting at ppl on phone. ....subsequently denied it.

Whoop presenter says he would not have made it up, had no idea of ramifications that interview would have, but sadly was robbed at gunpoint and the recording of that interview was stolen!

Nel questioning if OP always sitting in the same spot was really unusual.

Yep, he managed to get across that it was no different to what anyone else would do (even though OP's agent said he wouldn't but it was just sooo obvious why he was saying that).

His words were "every sound has a tonal character" so he didn't agree with Nel who was trying to lead him to agree that only a woman's would have a "tonal character"

I don't think Nel was inferring that only a woman's voice would have tonal character but that a woman's voice had a tonal character. Lin's response therefore was principally in agreement but went one step further by saying that every sound has a tonal character. The two comments aren't mutually exclusive.

I saw that too. I'm feeling like this trial is losing momentum. Nel is carrying this whole show on his own. He's not even told who these witnesses are, he has to think on his feet, the court keeps adjourning.
:twocents: :tantrum:

This is all making me really cross, Nel is continually being put at a disadvantage .. thankfully he is sharp enough to be able to deal with it, but why is this being done/allowed all the time and yet Judge Masipa made such a song and dance over that cable yesterday?

Nel is just brilliant, but that will all come to nothing if Masipa isn't as sharp witted as he is, and I really have huge doubts about her now.

VZ became aware of OP's love of guns Nov 2012 (I think).

Yea... wasn't that about the same time that he threatened to break someone's legs over an ex gf while he had already moved on with RS?

Seriously thinking it's getting more and more likely that Nel will apply to reopen the state's case and if that happens we could even see Oscar back on the stand.

My suggested question : "Mr VZ, have you a strong personal financial interest in securing OP's acquittal?"

Wasn't this witness present at the scene the day of the murder, or was that another P?

Nel questioning if OP always sitting in the same spot was really unusual.

Then moves onto OP's treatment of Samantha Taylor.

VZ:..I never saw him treat any woman unkindly or in an undignified way...

So I guess tomorrow he'll tell the court that he's unaware that OP was arrested and accused of causing an injury to a guest at a party at his house five years ago after allegedly slamming a door and then punching it. OP reached a settlement with Cassidy Taylor-Memmory, agreed to pay her legal fees and also drop his US200,000 counter-claim against her. Yeah, right.
Managers/agents are the people who look after these sort of incidents for their clients and keep the PR machine well-oiled. :liar:

Hope Nel ask this witness about OP's loss of sponsors after the Sept 1, 2012 Paralympics fiasco when OP lost his first professional race and immediately accused the winner of cheating with illegally long blades. Followed by the public fracas over ST and "OP threatened to break my legs" accusation. Then the Tashas gun-firing incident in Dec-Jan, and whether OP's 2-13 "hurdle" meeting concerned his loss of sponsors and his damaged brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper