Trial Discussion Thread #44 - 14.07.1-2, Day 34-35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I wondered if this testimony was going to tear OP up emotionally. Not the part about Reeva. The part where his mgr describes all of the huge global fame and fortune. " We stayed in 5 Star Hotels and dined with Kings."

That must have gutted him.

Exactly, he needed some comforting during the break from his sister..... his fame and fortune all lost now, I think never to be regained.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 1m
#OscarTrial Nel starts his cross-examination. He says he’ll question as far as he can, but didn’t expect character evidence. BB

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 40s
#OscarTrial Nel says he’ll possibly ask for a postponement to properly prepare to question on character evidence. BB

VZ says he only 'explained about 2 specific incidents' he witnessed.

VZ: I spoke to Mr P that this was unfortunate (re 'cheat' incident).

She also brought some of her own contracts over that night. I wonder if the contracts had dates that conflicted with his upcoming events?

Yup .. that's what I'm wondering, too .. although I don't think it matters if that wasn't the case, what we are hearing now is just how controlling OP (and his team) were and just how controlled Reeva must've felt by it all .. remember, she wanted to go home that night because she wanted to be able to get to her appointment fresh and early in order to be able to give her speech, but no, OP had some *crisis* or another with which he was able to manipulate her into staying, because *everything* of his will always trump anything of hers, in Oscar world. I reckon that she just got totally fed up with it all and then later that night decided she'd had enough and was going to leave (the Valentine's card she had written earlier, together with the present, is proof of nothing .. clearly she did love him .. but she was clearly confused by the relationship too, and that confusion was being caused by the way she felt she was being controlled by him). There was deffo one hell of an argument that night .. how anyone can not see this is beyond me.

VZ: Mr P took it upon himself to contact IPCC to specify guidelines...he always played within the rules.

N: But he lost his temper on the day?

VZ: He lost his temper on the day.

Woot. It sure is fun reading here instead of watching.

I'm sorry but I tried to watch at 3:30 a.m......but but but Lins testimony closed my eyes and ears. I just re-woke.

Why am I not surprised ...by this new witness. It's all Oscar world. "informed Reeva she would be going to Brazil. "

Poor Reeva.

:jail:

VZ met two other girlfriends of OP's.

N: He took Samantha Taylor overseas?

VZ says not for official event like Reeva. 'Mr P did not discuss the relationship with me. He never asked me to arrange Ms Taylor to accompany him.'

Nel asks about what he read about team mate asking to be moved from sharing room with OP.

VZ: I cannot comment on that, I was not there....he must have had his reasons.

I think that Nel may have let the 'cat out of the bag' yesterday when he mentioned OP was suffering from PTSD.

Hand on heart I am not saying you are wrong about the "cat in the bag" thing, just that I don't understand why it would be a mistake, if that's what you mean, since it is bound to be used by the defence for mitigation purposes, (obviously in the case the court finds for culpable homicide or the murder of an intruder), as doubtfully much mitigation could be sought if, as many believe, OP wilfully, purposefully, premeditatedly, and intentionally, murdered Reeva by shooting at her through his toilet door.

Or are you saying he can't be suffering from PTSD, in which case I would respectfully have to disagree because, even if it would be unusual for cold blooded murderers that shoot a woman through a door as I described above, to be remorseful since that would sort of contradict them being cold blooded, it would still be possible. Or perhaps you are meaning Nel was indiscreet, since a person's medical records are very personal and should not be disclosed unnecessarily. JMHO

N: Why did the man want to leave the room?

VZ: What I heard was that the man had problems with Oscar.

Nel: " Now I am worried..."

hahahaha... I love Nel

A true and deserving Olympic athlete would never insinuate or accuse another athlete of cheating. He should not be allowed to call himself an Olympian.

VZ said it was because he heard OP was always shouting at people on the phone.

Nel says now he's really worried. Why didn't VZ answer that question in the first place, why doesn't he want to say anything bad about OP?

Nel asks him for the umteeth time why he wanted to leave the room.

VZ: Because OP was always on his phone. He was never given a specific reason. Team management dealt with that issue.

Nel: Have you heard the version that the athlete left the room because OP was always on the phone, arguing with people.

N: Apart from hearing it from me, have you ever heard this version about the athlete..?

VZ: Only from coach????....

Nel repeats, have you heard it, read it?

VZ: I was told there were 'issues' by Mr Ompello (sp).

Nel: I'm not going to go away. Have you heard it, read it, and that's it?

VZ: I have heard there were issues between the two athletes and they wanted to be separated.

Nel is worried that he won't answer the question.

VZ: There were issues between two athletes and the team dealt with it....I wasn't made aware of specific issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8