Trial Discussion Thread #44 - 14.07.1-2, Day 34-35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the doc's 'evidence' should be thrown out too....

Interjection by Nel .. Good! This is just ridiculous .. and that email was sent in the immediate aftermath of what happened .. Ms Kent may have even changed her mind about OP after having heard his testimony for all we know. I presume this bloke has consulted her more recently in order to get her to agree for that email to be used as 'evidence' (which is in fact, hearsay evidence).

So the DT already knew this would be contested as hearsay.

O still explaining 'the facts' to milady.

Have I read something about Mrs Kent's letter before? It seems to ring a bell.

Dear Professor,
Do you mean "fleeing" as in grabbing your girlfriend's hand and "fleeing" from the threat in the bathroom(toilet) rather than moving towards said threat with a gun?

agree, flee with her and his gun.

OP went back to bedroom fearing more intruders after he shot 'intruder' through the door, so he left Reeva there to be attacked? Phffft, likely story. jmo

Oh, my sarcasm reflex is set at high. Really these Drs, Vorster, Verfeld & this current one!

If Pistorius had such a supposed high degree of anxiety & startle reflex perhaps you should have recommended treatment and the cautious restriction of gun use. Especially after your star team client was crashing boats, getting angry with police or firing restaurants...

Oh, but nope, just talk about it now even thought you were a primary sports team doctor. Humph

(Edit mistakes sorry, I'm hiding out on my mb while I'm supposed to becoming other things ;)

I can't help but wonder what he did when the starting gun went off at the Para-Olympics?

O still arguing for admittance of Mrs Kent's email.

I don't remember the letter, but I remember Ms Kent well from the Paralympics .. they featured her a number of times and we saw her doing her massage, etc.

This is now getting bizarre. He is struggling to wing a creditable explanation of hearsay and why its valid in this case

Judge to Oldwage: Where exactly are you?

(did she nod off?)

I wonder if Ms Kent actually knows her email is now being used in this trial? I would be furious if it were me and I had not been consulted.

Now judge is annoyed about his page numbering...

Did O just cite a case from 1913?

O:....'if you should deem it evidence at the end of the day...milady'

He's speaking Afrikaans now. I'm lost.

O sounds better speaking Afrikaans than English.

Laughter in court. Judge just told him he must repeat in English.

O:....'if you should deem it evidence at the end of the day...milady'

He's speaking Afrikaans now. I'm lost.

I thought Judge Massipa can't speak Afrikaans? Ha ha m'lady!! Yes, she is so kindly asking for English. This lady is just so cool. :)

O: ...expert reports often contain references to collateral sources....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member