Trial Discussion Thread #44 - 14.07.1-2, Day 34-35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. I wish we had more info. I do think he was losing a major sponsor or two though. And once that happens, they often create a downward spiral. Like rats jumping from a sinking ship.

OP owned several real estate properties which could have been heavily mortgaged based on his sponsorships.

D: I have also observed Mr P to be hypervigilant....scanning room rapidly in dining room, even in his room....scanning for portential threat with an end to potentially remove onesefl from harm's way.

We've seen OP doodling many times and yesterday he was laughing, but I haven't noticed him scanning the courtroom, and without a doubt, Nel and that courtroom are the biggest threat he'll ever have to face. :jail:

I'm pretty sure the report said words to the effect of "he should be treated for these conditions so as to reduce risk of suicide". One of the conditions mentioned was Depression. I think the other one was "an adjustment disorder". With untreated Depression there is a risk for suicide.

I was diagnosed with adjustment disorder once which is anxiety and depression after trauma which lasts up to six months. But I was never suicidal.

As the journalists have been tweeting, Dr Derman stated, in helping Pistorius with the Olympic quest after criticism of unfair advantage with blades: "He [Pistorius] is an icon of humanity in rising above adversity in that I am behind him all the way."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...unner-Pistorius-facing-backlash-Olympics.html

They might as well let someone's spouse testify, it all seems quite colluded. I'm a bit unsure about the sophistication of the court but there have been worse examples!

JudgeJudi - Yes, starter pistols, car exhaust bursts must have been awful, poor powrrr Pistorius.

I would like to see the detailed, dated early reports of the concerns of Dr Derman to his sports employer over all the athletes serious dexterity/mobility 'shakes', hypervigilance and instability in distinguishing sound because that's the correct procedure medical, imo. Otherwise this information media trial spin.

Oscar Pistorius is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and is at risk of suicide, a psychologist's report says at his murder trial.

BBC World News
today's headline on TV

The psychiatric report, which is linked above, does NOT say anything at all about him having PTSD. It says he has "An Adjustment Disorder and a depressed mood".

Heck, a "depressed mood" isn't even the same as "Clinical Depression".

We've seen OP doodling many times and yesterday he was laughing, but I haven't noticed him scanning the courtroom, and without a doubt, Nel and that courtroom are the biggest threat he'll ever have to face. :jail:

I don't remember a panicked or frightened look when the air conditioning at the court went bang either.

BOO HOO, i'm so anxious yet i can drive to shooting range i the middle of the night, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The psychiatric report, which is linked above, does NOT say anything at all about him having PTSD. It says he has "An Adjustment Disorder and a depressed mood".

Heck, a "depressed mood" isn't even the same as "Clinical Depression".

A person with adjustment disorder develops emotional and/or behavioral symptoms as a reaction to a stressful event. These symptoms generally begin within three months of the event and rarely last for longer than six months after the event or situation. In an adjustment disorder, the reaction to the stressor is greater than what is typical or expected for the situation or event. In addition, the symptoms may cause problems with a person's ability to function; for example, the person may be unable to sleep, work, or study.

Adjustment disorder is not the same as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD generally occurs as a reaction to a life-threatening event and tends to last longer. Adjustment disorder, on the other hand, is short-term, rarely lasting longer than six months.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-adjustment-disorder

I'm pretty sure the report said words to the effect of "he should be treated for these conditions so as to reduce risk of suicide". One of the conditions mentioned was Depression. I think the other one was "an adjustment disorder". With untreated Depression there is a risk for suicide.
I'm amazed that his depression and suicide risk didn't prevent him from swanning off and enjoying holidays, or even meeting a new girlfriend while he was still allegedly mourning the girlfriend he'd shot to death. If those are the signs of depression, mourning, and suicide risk, what the hell is OP like when he's happy??

'Mumbles'...always make me giggle.....sorry! :blushing:

Tis OK...she is busy sorting out 'Glastonbury Backs' according to her Twitter feed!
I concede mumbles is a silly name... Think I go to worms head beach from now on..

I'm amazed that his depression and suicide risk didn't prevent him from swanning off and enjoying holidays, or even meeting a new girlfriend while he was still allegedly mourning the girlfriend he'd shot to death. If those are the signs of depression, mourning, and suicide risk, what the hell is OP like when he's happy??

Was that new flame of his in court today? I though I saw her wearing glasses.

Now judge is annoyed about his page numbering...

Did O just cite a case from 1913?

I know it sounds strange but not if you work for counsel. You've probably seen counsel's chambers walls are absolutely filled with books, right to the ceiling, 100s and 100s of them. If the law remains unchanged, no matter how far back it goes, it stays in the books and can be relied upon. If case law changes, you have to do notations at the top of each case, e.g. if the decision is reversed, appealed etc.

Dr. Derman had to give a statement prior to his testimony that disassociated his opinions from any organizations with which he is affiliated. I'd bet those organizations were in no way are happy to have their name linked with Pistorius and his murder trial.

Wonder how much Dr. Derman is being paid as an expert? (That's one thing I like in U.S. trials. That expert witnesses have to reveal how much they are being paid.)

Yes, absolutely .. and .. if he was actually scanning anything while he was out and about in all these places, I wouldn't mind betting it was more to do with him hoping people will spot him and recognise him. But generally, it's 'what people do' when they are out, you are continually looking at things around you .. you'd be bluddy weird if you didn't and just sat/stood staring directly ahead of you all the time with a glazed look on your face.

I can't believe what I've just been witnessing. I can't believe that, in a high profile trial like this, the Judge has to take a break to decide if evidence that is obviously inadmissible hearsay is inadmissible hearsay or not. Oh dear. There's cautious, but there's over-cautious. I feel that Reeva and her family need a more robust judge.

Indeed .. I wonder how June is feeling :-/

Dr. Derman had to give a statement prior to his testimony that disassociated his opinions from any organizations with which he is affiliated. I'd bet those organizations were in no way are happy to have their name linked with Pistorius and his murder trial.

Wonder how much Dr. Derman is being paid as an expert? (That's one thing I like in U.S. trials. That expert witnesses have to reveal how much they are being paid.)

What I have observed is the Dr Derman's testimony has been mainly about his associations and grandstanding about his connection to them but little of what he has said so far applies directly to OP so IMO it seems irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
documentaryh