Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel is trying to discredit the doc as an expert and have him instead placed in a character witness capacity.

it may not be important when Prof first got info for report from OP, but the fact he can't or won't say makes it look as though it is.

The witness is now running the show. What is Nel there for then? smh

I think Nel does that on purpose at the start. He lets them feel they are safe and in control...then he pounces...lol

It is a difficult situation though, OP is his patient, he has built a relationship with OP over a number of years, it would be extremely difficult to be completely impartial.

it may not be important when Prof first got info for report from OP, but the fact he can't or won't say makes it look as though it is.

I dunno, the Prof did say that he asked OP about the "incident" the second time because what OP had told him the first time didn't mesh with the court proceedings the Prof had read.... sounds like collusion to me.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 1m
#OscarTrial remember - Derman said in his report Oscar heard the magazine rack which prompted his shooting. That sound was an issue. BB

Now that he's testifying the Defense lawyers can't communicate with this witness, right?

I think Nel is just warming up.

And in my opinion, M'lady was, in her own subtle way, saying to the witness "Hey, big boy, you are in a court of law here. You need to do things OUR way!"

Now that he's testifying the Defense lawyers can't communicate with this witness, right?

I think Nel is just warming up.

And in my opinion, M'lady was, in her own subtle way, saying to the witness "Hey, big boy, you are in a court of law here. You need to do things OUR way!"

I don't think it was that subtle. He wasn't phrasing his answers in the proper way and she let him know.

The good Prof Derman had a lot to say about OP's psychological state.

And right off the bat Gerrie Nel gets Oldwadge (by objecting) to establish the fact that Prof Derman is most definitely not a psychologist.

Clever of Mr Nel.

The good Prof Derman had a lot to say about OP's psychological state during his testimony.

And right off the bat Gerrie Nel gets Oldwadge (by objecting) to establish the fact that Prof Derman is most definitely not a psychologist.

Clever of Mr Nel.

Exactly. That was good. And Oldwage fell right into it by being so adamant that his witness was by no means a psychologist.

I don't think it was that subtle. He wasn't phrasing his answers in the proper way and she let him know.

The term is Argumentative. Judge Masipa set him straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb