Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, most of Nel's questions do not make sense.

Derman says he too wanted to know what happened that evening. "Was Mr Pistorius on his stumps or not, that was very very important to me."

Nel: Interesting comment you made, you wanted to discuss facts with accused a second time because somethings didn't make sense.

This witness made a report which he refers to, but he took no notes??!!!

Respectfully this is the worst and rudest witness I have come across. jmo

Nel now saying that if any notes are found on matters he asked about before, would it mean what Prof said about no notes was a lie?

Now talking about mag rack.

Has anyone seen Arnu Fourie's statement on the matter?

http://ewn.co.za/2014/07/02/Oscar-Pistorius-Arnu-Fourie-releases-statement

"He said he wanted to rest and recover on his own in preparation for the race.

This is in contrast to statements made to O'Sullivan which was published in the article."

The tweet was read out in court yesterday. What was actually said was never in dispute until OP came to court though. When it was originally reported about the roommate incident, Arnu Fourie said he couldn't remember saying it so phoned up Mr O'Sullivan who confirmed what he said and told him that he'd recorded it and Arnu Fourie was happy to accept that. Now it's got to court Arnu Fourie asked Mr O'Sullivan to play the recording but unfortunately Mr O'Sullivan can't prove it now as he got mugged and the recording was stolen.

That has never been established as a certainty, only the more probable firing position, the second possible firing position being on his legs but holding the firearm with a bent elbow-- just as Oscar himself described IIRC.

The state's case is that he was on his stumps at the time he fired, (as is the defense's) unless they've changed it...again.

Nel is talking about 'which has subsequently believed to have been the mag rack'. Wants to know 'subsequent to what?'

Prof can't tell him.

Judge asks for clarification on what Nel's asking.

N: I'm not going away.

I love it when he says that!!!

Nel: So some aspects you deal with in your report are not in your notes WD: No

Nel says he's concerned that there are notes on some things, not on others.

Nel: You're trying to get out of answering this question...I'm worried that it's not true.

Well, we are still stuck on the use of 'subsequent' in Prof's report.

Has anyone seen Arnu Fourie's statement on the matter?

http://ewn.co.za/2014/07/02/Oscar-Pistorius-Arnu-Fourie-releases-statement

"He said he wanted to rest and recover on his own in preparation for the race.

This is in contrast to statements made to O'Sullivan which was published in the article."

O'Sullivan has been inundated with support for what he reported. Other athletes who were in adjacent rooms heard all the shouting and have contacted him. It has now been divulged that the argument and shouting was to do with ST meeting somebody else whilst OP was away at the London games.

Really, most of Nel's questions do not make sense.
They make sense to me. This witness is trying to squirm out of truthfully answering about when he was told about the 'magazine rack.'

Prof conceded he does not have notes on what OP said in the first meeting or the second, but does have his report.

Now even Dixon took notes - albeit in a Columbo style. I don't believe for one minute the Professor never took notes.

The tweet was read out in court yesterday. What was actually said was never in dispute until OP came to court though. When it was originally reported about the roommate incident, Arnu Fourie said he couldn't remember saying it so phoned up Mr O'Sullivan who confirmed what he said and told him that he'd recorded it and Arnu Fourie was happy to accept that. Now it's got to court Arnu Fourie asked Mr O'Sullivan to play the recording but unfortunately Mr O'Sullivan can't prove it now as he got mugged and the recording was stolen.

Oh ok..

But here's the thing...the way this story had been spun in the past it was to make it sound like OP was yelling at people all night, in his rage-ful ways, another slant to make him sound as bad as possible. But now we hear it's that he was just having an argument with his girlfriend, who cheated on him, and Arnu just wanted some peace before his race. Either way you slice it, it's not as bad as it was initially made out to be. So many of these stories have unravelled upon closer inspection yet people still want to cling to them as evidence of something more sinister.

N:...fight response would be an immediate reaction?

D: You are correct. There can be three responses; flight, fight or freeze.

Adds that time can 'vary'.

Well, we are still stuck on the use of 'subsequent' in Prof's report.

Because that word implies that it was a NEW version of the sounds. A revision. And Derman does not want to go there.

N: I wanna understand it, that's all....:)

He's finally worked out how to get to this guy's soft spot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01