Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The freaky part is that he doesn't even understand how ridiculous it is, for an 'expert' witness', to complain to the judge that the reason they can't answer any hypotheticals, is that THEY ALREADY KNOW THE FACTS---because the Accused told them.

[ But MyLady, Mr Nel is confusing me because I already know there are three startles..]

Definitely nailed it katy. :)

Nel: We are now arguing about a point that is really not that important. But I'm not wrong...

Anyone have a link to live video? Ch 4 and Telegraph are just playing a clip of Roux talking about OP's evaluation and suicide risk. Can't find a live link.

D apologises because he can't hear judge. So now judge almost shouting.

O insisiting there is no running IN passage. ON WAY.

Judge says Monday, she wants it in black and white (records).

D is now quibbling over any use of....!!!! -

Lol, just said 'As far as I know, Mr Pistorius cannot run'.

(Think he means without prosth)

D: I asked him please show me what running means. I asked him to run down the corridor..

N: So you spoke to Mr P about the corridor?

D: Just about one specific word, running.

D: It was the corridor in chambers. I asked him to show me..

N: Before lunch, you were saying he did not run? That he replied to you, 'I walked'?

D says 'it had nothing to do-it was in response to me reading 'I ran'.???

I meant Nel was wasting his time because of all the reasons others have noted, witness is hostile, disrespectful to the court, tailoring his evidence, extremely bias yet trying to prove otherwise.
Nel has done a good job but boy, does he deserve a stiff drink. jmo :)

My comment was not aimed at you in any way shape or form.
I was commenting more toward the people who appeared, to me, to be ridiculing Nel's attempts at XE approximately 2 minutes after he started :facepalm:

I doubt they will agree he has done a good job but I totally agree with you on that score.

Oscar Trial Channel ‏@OscarTrial199

Derman says he's seen many times that accused can't run on his stumps so he asked him to clarify, show him running down passage

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 7 Sek.

#OscarTrial Derman: I’ve seen Pistorius on his stumps and there is no way he can run. I made him run to see what he means. BB

D says yes, the running was in response to him asking OP a question about running.

N: Tell us what he showed you.

D: He had one hand out in front of him...moved down corridor....remember clearly hand out in front, left hip in rotation...I asked have you shown the court? because I think it's really important to show court how you run.

Nel just said pity court doesn't have cctv.

D: Are you happy now sir?

N: Court said you must answer the court, not me. Your sarcasm does nothing to me. Doesn't do much for your credibility.

Has anyone seen Arnu Fourie's statement on the matter?

http://ewn.co.za/2014/07/02/Oscar-Pistorius-Arnu-Fourie-releases-statement

"He said he wanted to rest and recover on his own in preparation for the race.

This is in contrast to statements made to O'Sullivan which was published in the article."

That has been superseded this morning by confirmation from other athletes that it did happen as Mr O'Sullivan reported. It was discussed on Channel 199 this morning and has had confirmation from a number of athletes that his article was exactly what happened. He said if it proved really necessary they can be contacted. He added that Fourie is a friend of OP's and he suspects he is trying to play the incident down for OP's benefit.

Nel is getting witness to stand in position to show how OP showed him he ran.

N:...the gun is at shoulder height...

O: Witness's hand is not behind him

Nel asks again if OP said he ran.

Witness fudges answer.

N: When(did he run?)

D: On the night.

N: When on the night?

D: Probably, from what I've heard, it was on the way back from the bathroom.

N: (reading) I did not storm to the bathroom. I ran to where passage began and then walked extremely slowly'. Is that what you read?

D:...I was more concerned with the running. Didn't read it from legal perspective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member