Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 45s

#OscarTrial Derman: although he has dedicated himself to fighting disability and loathes pity, the hard truth is he has no lower legs. BB

So he loathes pity. But he's loading everything on with a trowel with all the medicos to get just that.

It's making me feel sick ..

.. oh, and now 'one has to have an adapted car .. which costs money' .. oh my god my heart bleeds! :banghead:

Get this man off, PLEASE.

Prof D is just listing all the difficulties people with a disability have in their everyday lives. I can't really see the point in posting them all because he is not applying any specific ones to OP or anything.

But he has perfect replacements, laying within reach. Takes about 30 seconds to strap them on and he can run faster than anyone.
But we know he didn't put them on, because, euh, he says he didn't.

As usual the defence witnesses including so-called experts take OP's claims as gospel and build their fragile reasoning on the assumption that they are true. To my mind this is a way of recycling OP's testimony - if enough different people believe and repeat the same lie it becomes true.

The defense is calling an expert to testify that Oscar's testimony was true? Okay.

They're trying to sell it but I'm not buying it.

If all they say is true, why would OP approach 'the danger' on his stumps in the pitch dark? Why not put his prosthesis on? Why not stay in the bedroom and shout out? Why not call the police? Why not leave the bedroom?

Walking into the dark towards a (possibly armed) intruder with OP's 'GAD', imbalance, vulnerability, it's just not plausible. They can't have it both ways.
Exactly

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Legs getting lost on a flight? van Zyl made a point of saying that he never removed his legs if it was at all possible because he didn't like to be seen without his legs. He did remove them once but was annoyed when the flight attendant attempted to move one back that had fallen into the aisle.

What is all this stuff he keeps on about that all these things are expensive (prothetic legs, etc, etc) .. yes, of course they do, for the average person .. but this is Oscar Pistorious we are talking about! He is (or was) absolutely loaded!

Give me bluddy strength ..

This is great. OP and his career did so much to further the concern and understanding of people with a disability, and now this case is sending the msg that life isn't worth living if you have a disability;

D: 'Disability never sleeps. It's there when you wake up and affects every aspect of your life.'

D: OP has a lifetime of learnt and experienced vulnerability...many traumatic experiences in his life...

now we get to the clincher......"it takes longer to open the door for the postman". ...there Nel beat that.

All this blah blah blah from Prof Derman is only relevant if one believes that OP really thought there was an intruder. Does the judge believe the intruder theory? Surely not, when she has heard 5 witnesses testify under oath that there was clearly a fight before the shooting.

I am just astounded this professor/doctor/whatever is allowed to go on and on with this lecture. Some things he is saying is so obvious; of course OP has trouble doing certain things.

This is ridiculous, IMO. Of course the judge is going to let it go to the extreme because she wants to let the defense have every avenue to defending the accused, but where does she draw the line?

I am not taking a course in what is considered handicapped. I thought I was watching a murder trial in that he did shoot and kill a beautiful young woman who had every right to life.

MOO

This diatribe is going to ensure the trial drags on. The DT know that Nel must challenge most of it…. They are stalling again….

" And it takes longer to open the door for the postman?'

SERIOUSLY. He added this to his list?

O asked if D has any evidence of OP and 'startle response' and he is quoting Sam and something in the bail appli

Nel objected. 'Prematurely' in his opinion now. Not mine.

"The hard truth: he does not have lower legs"

The hard fact: he had his lower legs in easy reach but in his version did not choose to put them on yet ran towards the apparant danger. I guess having a loaded gun and trained to use it, may have overcome feeling vulnerable?

So someone fires a gun in a TV show, OP was asleep, wakes up and runs to another room!!!!!

D:...this fear has been present since childhood...his mother....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member