Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is all this stuff he keeps on about that all these things are expensive (prothetic legs, etc, etc) .. yes, of course they do, for the average person .. but this is Oscar Pistorious we are talking about! He is (or was) absolutely loaded!

Give me bluddy strength ..

Unless it's different in SA, I've never known any amputees, including my husband, who has ever had to pay a single cent towards their prosthetics. There's a whole industry built up around amputees and their living aids, and that's just regular amputees let alone a "golden boy" being sponsored for the Olympics.

D now reading a paper saying that there is very little reading available on the fear of crime amongst people with a disability.

I'd be willing to bet OP would never have accepted the vast majority of this guy's findings before he killed Reeva because now he's effectively saying OP would never overcome his disability.

Oh damn it .. my feed got stuck just at the second Nel started to speak (at least I'm sure it was his dulcet tone I heard!)

Well, I know I'm the only one thinking this, but I think this doctor is quite helpful for the defense and he's tying a lot of things together and explaining OP's condition and the ways his disability affects his reactions

This is great. OP and his career did so much to further the concern and understanding of people with a disability, and now this case is sending the msg that life isn't worth living if you have a disability;

D: 'Disability never sleeps. It's there when you wake up and affects every aspect of your life.'

Hmm, sounds like being a parent, your children will always affect every moment of your life whether they're present or not.

D: His training during athletics has to be considered as he is trained...audio response....'start training'

Now explaining how athletes train to wait for the starting shot at beginning of race.

(So OP should have run away very fast when he fired the first shot that night?)

He's talking about the starting gun at races. IMO OP really does have an advantage over other athletes because he'd be so startled that he'd be off the starting blocks before anyone else.

Well, I know I'm the only one thinking this, but I think this doctor is quite helpful for the defense and he's tying a lot of things together and explaining OP's condition and the ways his disability affects his reactions

But it contradicts most of OP's week long testimony in his own defense.

D: common denominator in both situations is a sound. Both could trigger a response, that's all I will say.

(In answer to Oldwage asking about a link between race start sounds and OP hearing bathroom noise)

Two and a half hours into a least favourite, pedantic professor as he gives his life's work lecture. The lecture is flawed as it's dated and he's enthusiastically gone beyond the rational.

You're stuck because you lost a drinking game and you have to stay with all your friends recorders, suffering alone.

(personal flashback - i.e bored)

The witness is leading the testimony... Very strange.

Oldwage just tried to lead Prof D somewhere else, and once again he refused. He hasn't finished with startle response and insists on going through another report.

I don't see it that way. It comes across to me as just finding more excuses for OP and the Professor seems to have selectively chosen from research which bits suit OP's case.

I mentioned several pages back they are coming home with a strong run. Yes there is babble but there are some gems of logic in there connecting the dots

Got my streaming back up again .. my god, he's STILL going on .. I've never heard anything so bluddy ridiculous in my life! :banghead:

'Startle reflex disorders' ----is this a new diagnosis this witness is giving him now?

I disagree

Your reply was on expected lines, however a long time ago you did state that OP was a bad witness in his own defense, but you politely ignored my question if OP on trial for 1st degree murder has committed perjury under oath.

I wonder if Prof behaves like this during his research? Refusing to shift from a point or theory he has already adopted? That could be why he seems to be a little dated in his work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member