Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel: On the night, on his version, there were three startles and those were all sounds, am I right? Derman: Yes.

Nel: where did you get info that there was a magazine rack? WD: Mr Pistorius told me.

Nel: He told you it was the sound of a magazine rack. You don't have any notes on that? WD: No. "He heard a sound."

Didn't OP only say the magazine rack was what made the noise when Nel was crossing him. Up to that point it was a wood on wood movement or am I not remembering correctly?

N: What sound wld a mag rack make?

D: I have no idea....it was a sound that startled him.

N: A mag rack by itself wouldn't make a sound, am I right?

D: You are right, by itself a mag rack would not make a sound.

Nel will spend time on the sound, the magazine rack. What sound would it make?
D: I don't know.
Nel: But you see, a magazine rack in itself will not make a sound.
D: Agrees.

minor4th

This bugs me so much - Nel is asking if OP said he heard a magazine rack, and Dr says "yes." But Nel knows very well that OP said he assumed it was the magazine rack in hindsight - at the time of the incident, he thought it was the sound of the door opening.

==================================================================================================

So then why did OP say to Derman that he heard the mag rack?

Didn't OP only say the magazine rack was what made the noise when Nel was crossing him. Up to that point it was a wood on wood movement or am I not remembering correctly?

I remember it like that too, it dawned on OP during the x. jmo

It sounded like "wood moving". That's how he first described it on the stand.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

D: I just know it was a sound, and it startled him.

N; You can recall he told you it startled him but you can't recall what he said about that sound?.....he shot and killed someone who made that sound. It doesn't make sense.

N: Professor, what about the sound startled him!

D: The sound itself startled him.

D: The only things I could have asked him about the sound were of duration, frequency of the sound.

N: Did you ask him?

D: No.

The Dr has answered the question several times now, but Nel keeps asking the same question again and again hoping the answer will change

minor4th

This bugs me so much - Nel is asking if OP said he heard a magazine rack, and Dr says "yes." But Nel knows very well that OP said he assumed it was the magazine rack in hindsight - at the time of the incident, he thought it was the sound of the door opening.

==================================================================================================

So then why did OP say to Derman that he heard the mag rack?

He said he learned it was the magazine rack after the fact. Derman said that on Thursday.

He's WAITING for him to say the sound was what he thought was the door opening. Prof D isn't picking this up. Nel is trying.

D: He said there was a sound and it was the mag rack.

D: All he told me was there was a sound made by the magazine rack.

Nel reminds D to address the court, not him. D says he is, Nel points out he's saying 'sir' again.

barrybateman · 37s

#OscarTrial Derman: I wanted to know what his response was to the three sounds. He did tell me what they were. BB

barrybateman · 37s

#OscarTrial Derman: I wanted to know what his response was to the three sounds. He did tell me what they were. BB

barrybateman · 3m

#OscarTrial Derman: can’t recall how Pistorius specifically described the sound. BB

@barrybateman · 2m

#OscarTrial Derman: can’t describe the sound the mag rack would make, he just knows that it’s the sound which startled him. BB

Nel's getting angry now.

Uh Oh ... doctor is getting way too frazzled and upset.

nel's just shown Prof sometimes insists he's right when he's wrong by that little reminder there.

D is on the defensive and sounding offended too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals