Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To make it easier maybe, but it wouldn't surprise me if in the judgement Masipa always puts quotes around "run" or "running" or at very least gives an explanation that when the judgement refers to "running" it is OP's running. Since if there were an appeal the panel of judges that look at it would not necessarily know the true situation. And as I posted before IMHO if you look closely at the video what OP does is more akin to marathon walkers, (and they can really walk fast), who are not permitted to have both feet off the ground at any time which is why they need to develop that peculiar swing of the hips which is precisely what allows them to walk very fast and still not be running.

I used to run track back in high school and I don't think I ever had both feet off the ground at the same time... how would you keep your speed up without the traction from pushing forward with each step?

I haven't found any updates on twitter about it being lunch yet. Is enca sure?

Maybe, but I did hear Roux mention that he did not want to address the psychologists report.We will have to wait for this confusion to be resolved after the lunch break.

I believe Roux hinted that although they accepted the findings they would address the report during arguments. I took that to mean during final arguments.

OP lawyer has told journo Andrew Harding the main reason they didn't use video was because 'it was inaccurate'.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCAndrewH

ETA: That seems so strange, given that OP took part in it.

Agreed, but it had to be inaccurate because OP's changed his version so many times. It would have to have been updated the minute cross-examination finished if it was to be accurate. But then again, it would never have been accurate would it?

Judge: Following the order of this court on May 20th, 3 psychs were apppointed to help court, state and defence respectively.....when court resumed, both state and defence indicated they did not dispute reports psychs compiled

@barrybateman · 1m

#OscarTrial it’s 1pm, when we usually break for lunch. I guess we’ll wait for Masipa to make a ruling then break for lunch. BB

Judge: ...it is common cause that state is not calling Dr Kotze as a witness, defence is entitled to call any witness state's not going to call...

But, Judge is saying no, firmly. "not in the interests of justice'.

Oh it said they went to lunch!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The judge has just denied the DT's request for the State's psychiatrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member