Trial Discussion Thread #47 - 14.07.8, Day 38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the calibre of the some of the players where I live, I honestly don't think Oscar would have had too many problems - He managed to engage Reeva's interest, after all!

I think the financial aspect, both personal and family empire, also contributes to his 'charm'

Maybe, Viper. But I didn't insist that he slept with them. I feel that this would be a big leap for him.

LOL… a shot of pig testis, a bit of *advertiser censored* and OP is good to go ! :happydance:

apropos nothing: I think Pistorius sounds like he's boring in bed. All that insecurity about his stumps, he's taking that herbel testis... which supposedly is for his muscles/recovery but I wonder if it's about his other, um, 'performance'. And when Steenkamp was sexting him locations where they could have sex...wasn't his contribution was "the couch"...lol, just saying.

Rebuttal

1. He had to follow a strict regimen during training and competition… this would be boring to women who would want to go out and party

2. True… can't think of anything for the moment LOL

3. Aside from the 2 missing limbs and his less than ideal personality… can see him only talking about training, diet, gym, etc… B - O - R - I - N - G

4. No it would not but he did seem awkward… the lack of evidence of sexual activities with RS, the *advertiser censored* and the pig testies injections… all suspicious IMO

Don't forget that RS had expressed a bit of a jealous streak herself... rabbits anyone? :)

I think the financial aspect, both personal and family empire, also contributes to his 'charm'

He's also met a number of interesting people(Mandela among them), is well-traveled, had his finger in a lot of pies(race horses-RS herself was into horses, isn't that how she broke her back?, branding businesses with his bro, properties, cars... ), I'm sure if he wanted to turn on the charm he did have some ability to do so.

apropos nothing: I think Pistorius sounds like he's boring in bed. All that insecurity about his stumps, he's taking that herbel testis... which supposedly is for his muscles/recovery but I wonder if it's about his other, um, 'performance'. And when Steenkamp was sexting him locations where they could have sex...wasn't his contribution was "the couch"...lol, just saying.

BiB… that's breaking news to me…not surprised because I too believe OP was an insecure child in a man's body.

Have you got a reference ?

He's also met a number of interesting people(Mandela among them), is well-traveled, had his finger in a lot of pies(race horses-RS herself was into horses, isn't that how she broke her back?, branding businesses with his bro, properties, cars... ), I'm sure if he wanted to turn on the charm he did have some ability to do so.

I agree… but there is a vast chasm separating flirting from sexual conquest… inconsequential sexual innuendo from strip down naked and bumping uglies !

BiB… that's breaking news to me…not surprised because I too believe OP was an insecure child in a man's body.

Have you got a reference ?

Will find it when I get a block of time...it's a quick series of trial texts, Roux entered it into the record but was not said out in court yet a few journalists put it in their articles...

bbm - Despite that he was very certain there was "someone" in the toilet room, he still knowingly(he said he remembers firing in quick succession, though the actual number of shots was what he'd read and "reconstructed") fired multiple shots into the toilet room door at a height that even a child would have been hit and likely killed.

BIB - Remember that initially his version was that he fired two double taps? That's what Roux told the court when he cross examined Mangena. Mangena proved that to be an impossibility, so by the time OP got on the stand he told Nel that Roux was mistaken. :rolleyes:

Roux was attempting to make the shots so rapid that Reeva didn't have time to scream. It didn't work.

Judging by the calibre of the some of the players where I live, I honestly don't think Oscar would have had too many problems - He managed to engage Reeva's interest, after all!

I agree. And never underestimate how attractive one's money and fame can be (to some people), even if one's looks/personality are not attractive.

BIB - Remember that initially his version was that he fired two double taps? That's what Roux told the court when he cross examined Mangena. Mangena proved that to be an impossibility, so by the time OP got on the stand he told Nel that Roux was mistaken. :rolleyes:

Roux was attempting to make the shots so rapid that Reeva didn't have time to scream. It didn't work.

The alleged 2 double taps were ridiculous to begin with :

- a double tap is a highly specialized shooting technique used mostly by SWAT and special forces… not good to portray oneself in this manner in a murder Trial

- a double tap, by design, is used only once per target, not twice… not good for pleading a reasonable response to a perceived threat

- a double tap is intended to increase accuracy and probability of killing the target… not good when one's intent is at play in a murder Trial

- a double tap only makes sense when one has an unobstructed view of the target… not good when one's Defence is PPD through a closed door with a mistaken identity story

Viper, I could be wrong, but, in addition to Anastasia, IMO there would have been some dalliances, although, perhaps, not sexual:

1. Oscar is young and seems to like clubbing and getting drunk

2. He was hanging out with a fast crowd

3. He was a sporting hero and many women found him physically attractive, so I don't think he would have been short of offers

4. I don't think that having a long term official girlfriend would preclude him from flirting with other females/exchanging numbers

BIB - Sam Taylor testified that he cheated on her twice, the second time being with Reeva.

He also met and started dating a 19 year old just 10 months after killing the woman he was "deeply in love with."
http://www.citypress.co.za/news/oscar-finds-new-love/

Quote Originally Posted by Val1 View Post
bbm - Despite that he was very certain there was "someone" in the toilet room, he still knowingly(he said he remembers firing in quick succession, though the actual number of shots was what he'd read and "reconstructed") fired multiple shots into the toilet room door at a height that even a child would have been hit and likely killed.

Yes, but the brilliant part is where Nel got OP to admit he didn't actually remember how many shots he'd fired... makes me wonder if there will be a reference to this in closing. Will the bedroom door play a part after all?

BIB - Sam Taylor testified that he cheated on her twice, the second time being with Reeva.

He also met and started dating a 19 year old just 10 months after killing the woman he was "deeply in love with."
http://www.citypress.co.za/news/oscar-finds-new-love/

Didn't he also date the ex-gf that has come out strongly supporting him off and on for something like 5 years? I'm betting that over-lapped at least once or twice, depending on whether you ask OP or the new gf at the time. I seem to recall he actually admitted to something along those lines in one of his interviews, I'll see if I can dig it up again. Not that any of that really matters, other than most really jealous/possessive people tend to be that way because of something they either experienced in the past, or have done themselves so think everyone else will do it to them too.

Hmm I could have sworn I'd read that it was JE that claimed to have dated him off and on for 4 or 5 yrs... but according to this article, it was VM... perhaps both and that's why neither worked out?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278774/Oscar-Pistorius-complex-love-life-girlfriend-Vicky-Miles-Samantha-Taylor-Russian-model.html

Maybe it's a SA thing… but I don't get the meaning of "rabbit things"… can anyone offer clarifications ?

RS to OP: It's like I see rabbit things in your house and when we go places you take pics of them everywhere. For me I'm thinking who do you have that connection with? And the same things will play on your mind. At the end of the day this is now not then

The alleged 2 double taps were ridiculous to begin with :

- a double tap is a highly specialized shooting technique used mostly by SWAT and special forces… not good to portray oneself in this manner in a murder Trial

- a double tap, by design, is used only once per target, not twice… not good for pleading a reasonable response to a perceived threat

- a double tap is intended to increase accuracy and probability of killing the target… not good when one's intent is at play in a murder Trial

- a double tap only makes sense when one has an unobstructed view of the target… not good when one's Defence is PPD through a closed door with a mistaken identity story

The DT thought the double taps would be advantageous to their case because:

1. It would minimize the opportunity for Reeva to scream and/or for OP to hear her scream between shots.

2. It would demonstrate how frightened he was that he fired in extreme rapid succession.

3. Four individual, deliberate trigger pulls are extremely hard to justify when there was no threat or attack on his life (perceived or not). The four shots through the closed door of a tiny room nail him for murder.

I thought he was lying but I doubt he'd ever ever say that one of his clients was guilty publicly. Terrible PR and it might have legal implications.

I agree. I have been surprised during this trial at how many people are happy to lie on OP's behalf, including Roux. Better not to have agreed to be interviewed IMO but he may not have been able to avoid it.

Didn't he also date the ex-gf that has come out strongly supporting him off and on for something like 5 years? I'm betting that over-lapped at least once or twice, depending on whether you ask OP or the new gf at the time. I seem to recall he actually admitted to something along those lines in one of his interviews, I'll see if I can dig it up again. Not that any of that really matters, other than most really jealous/possessive people tend to be that way because of something they either experienced in the past, or have done themselves so think everyone else will do it to them too.

I'm not sure who you're referring to. Wasn't Sam Taylor the 5 year girlfriend (with a break in between)?

ETA: I forgot about VM lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members