Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BiB 1 … Great point !! Hadn't thought about that… thanks

BiB 2 … The issue is finding a correlation (not necessarily a causation) between the activity on OP's phone and the evidence, so we can infer what truly happened in that house.

The problem is that, to be valid, the inferences must be founded on things that are possible but also probable.

I believe the Airplane mode is certainly possible but not that probable, mostly because of the hassle.

Whereas the DND app SBSchedule (or another similar one) is both possible and probable.

Thanks, AJ.

IIRC, according to Sam Taylor, Oscar was always on the phone whilst in bed with her.

This suggests that he needed to be free to make calls and send texts, but that he would also have needed to control incoming calls and messages, as he certainly wouldn't want other females contacting him when he was in bed with his girlfriend.

Flight mode would not facilitate this degree of control, but I imagine that the app that you mentioned would?

And now I am speculating that there could be a third phone that we don't know about because OP would have had a business phone, a second phone for friends, girlfriend and family and a third phone for casual female acquaintances.

Thanks, AJ.

IIRC, according to Sam Taylor, Oscar was always on the phone whilst in bed with her.

This suggests that he needed to be free to make calls and send texts, but that he would also have needed to control incoming calls and messages, as he certainly wouldn't want other females contacting him when he was in bed with his girlfriend.

Flight mode would not facilitate this degree of control, but I imagine that the app that you mentioned would?

Yes and no… SBSchedule can block everything but if the user sends an SMS then, SBSchedule unblocks temporarily for that outgoing SMS but during that time, an incoming SMS can get through.

And now I am speculating that there could be a third phone that we don't know about because OP would have had a business phone, a second phone for friends, girlfriend and family and a third phone for casual female acquaintances.

Not likely IMO… but not impossible

Moller discovered that OP had 2 phones when he subpoenaed Vodacom and received 2 phone numbers for OP instead of the expected 1 number… if OP had 3 phones, Vodacom would have disclosed the 3rd one as well.

Thanks, AJ.

Hmm, I don't remember any documentation (evidence) that OP had "women" calling him. Where did you get that from? IIRC he had one woman at a time and he avoided "women," as you use the term.

The whole point of airplane mode is to disable the phone so that he could not be tempted to grab a call or make a call easily, as he wanted and needed to not do either of those things while in bed trying to get his required hours of rest each night. AJ referenced an article about that related to his outdated Blackberry.

I highly doubt, too, that OP is nearly as sophisticated when it comes to tracking down, understanding, and implementing complex apps, as I know AJ is more than capable of doing.

BiB 1 … Great point !! Hadn't thought about that… thanks

BiB 2 … The issue is finding a correlation (not necessarily a causation) between the activity on OP's phone and the evidence, so we can infer what truly happened in that house.

The problem is that, to be valid, the inferences must be founded on things that are possible but also probable.

I believe the Airplane mode is certainly possible but not that probable, mostly because of the hassle.

Whereas the DND app SBSchedule (or another similar one) is both possible and probable.

What's so hard about Airplane Mode on iPhone?

1. Push the "Settings" icon.
2. AT THE VERY TOP, THE FIRST OPTION ON THE PAGE IS AIRPLANE MODE.
Swipe "On"
3. Done.

When he wakes up at 1:48 he repeats the two (2) easy steps.

ETA: Illustration here:

http://m.wikihow.com/Turn-on-Airplane-Mode-on-an-iPhone

Hmm, I don't remember any documentation (evidence) that OP had "women" calling him. Where did you get that from? IIRC he had one woman at a time and he avoided "women," as you use the term.

The whole point of airplane mode is to disable the phone so that he could not be tempted to grab a call or make a call easily, as he wanted and needed to not do either of those things while in bed trying to get his required hours of rest each night. AJ referenced an article about that related to his outdated Blackberry.

I highly doubt, too, that OP is nearly as sophisticated when it comes to tracking down, understanding, and implementing complex apps, as I know AJ is more than capable of doing.

BiB 1… IIRC he cheated on Sam Taylor whith someone called Anastasia during a trip to London… aside from that, I too don't see OP as a Lady's man… IMO OP is shy and awkward around the fairer sex…

BiB 2… That is a good point for the Airplane mode theory

BiB 3… Up until I heard OP's FaceTime fiasco tweet, I would have disagreed with you… now I'm unsure

What's so hard about Airplane Mode on iPhone?

1. Push the "Settings" icon.
2. AT THE VERY TOP, THE FIRST OPTION ON THE PAGE IS AIRPLANE MODE.
Swipe "On"
3. Done.

When he wakes up at 1:48 he repeats the two (2) easy steps.

Viper,

I'm NOT disagreeing with you… truly

If it was me, I would find it a hassle and annoying to have to do that… I would go for the App... but that's just me

I'm not OP or in OP's mind… perhaps he was fine with Airplane mode because of the self-discipline aspect or simply because he was a tech-idiot.

I don't understand why, but I seem to rub you the wrong way… maybe it's the way my posts read… I don't know.

But I enjoy conversing with you and picking your brain on various things.

FYI… I know how to work an iPhone ;)

BiB 1… IIRC he cheated on Sam Taylor whith someone called Anastasia during a trip to London… aside from that, I too don't see OP as a Lady's man… IMO OP is shy and awkward around the fairer sex…

BiB 2… That is a good point for the Airplane mode theory

BiB 3… Up until I heard OP's FaceTime fiasco tweet, I would have disagreed with you… now I'm unsure

"Dumb Jock" was the American term many years ago. I'll have to ask my youngest teen daughter what the terminology is today. LOL!

O/T I've been using the question/phrase "Am I right?" in my text messages that I send to my wife whenever I am wondering if I understood her correctly or whatever. She doesn't have the first clue about where I picked it up from, and I'm not going to tell her. It's my little secret! :floorlaugh:

"Dumb Jock" was the American term many years ago. I'll have to ask my youngest teen daughter what the terminology is today. LOL!

O/T I've been using the question/phrase "Am I right?" in my text messages that I send to my wife whenever I am wondering if I understood her correctly or whatever. She doesn't have the first clue about where I picked it up from, and I'm not going to tell her. It's my little secret! :floorlaugh:

Using attorney Jedi mind tricks on your wife… for shame ! :naughty:

:laugh:

Viper, I could be wrong, but, in addition to Anastasia, IMO there would have been some dalliances, although, perhaps, not sexual:

1. Oscar is young and seems to like clubbing and getting drunk

2. He was hanging out with a fast crowd

3. He was a sporting hero and many women found him physically attractive, so I don't think he would have been short of offers

4. I don't think that having a long term official girlfriend would preclude him from flirting with other females/exchanging numbers

Using attorney Jedi mind tricks on your wife… for shame ! :naughty:

:laugh:

LOL! No no no, just using English and a really simple question for clarification. Of course subconsciously I'm amusing myself, but she hasn't questioned me about it, yet. And if she ever did question me about why I began to use that question I would answer her truthfully. But she would blow me off half way through my saying, "The prosecutor in the Oscar Pistorius trial..." And then I would never be able to ask her ever again, "Am I right?" But it might actually be more fun if I let her in on it! Then everytime I asked it she would, might, get a laugh out of it too. IDK, I think I will start with my letting my daughter in on it and see how much fun we can all have by asking each other for confirmations of, "Am I right?" :smile:

AJ - Viper = Entertaining ;)

Thanks all for the great posts.
I'm on a mobile device and dislike writing on my tablets/iPhone but I think Pistorius and his boy pack are known to be (wannabe) players on the party scene?

Anyway just remembering from the articles I read, and the way he represents himself as a brand I think he is/wants to be seen as ladies-man, eligible-bachelor-list guy. There was the article I posted where a journalist relayed that Pistorius was texting a woman who wanted to hook up with him, while he speeding other hand on the wheel. He was texting the woman no, as he was 'keen' on his girlfriend at the time...but seems he still keeps his options juggling.

I think in that same article it said as Pistorius passed by some female runner friends and was teasing them how they should run in bikinis. Seems as if most reports about him is that he's a flirt and usually had a skinny blond on his arm?

Not likely IMO… but not impossible

Moller discovered that OP had 2 phones when he subpoenaed Vodacom and received 2 phone numbers for OP instead of the expected 1 number… if OP had 3 phones, Vodacom would have disclosed the 3rd one as well.

Thanks for this information - I'd forgotten the detail.

I'm not sure if Vodacom is the only option? Also, what about a PAYG handset?

What we do know for certain is that, if there were another handset, we'd be unlikely to know about it.

Viper, I could be wrong, but, in addition to Anastasia, IMO there would have been some dalliances, although, perhaps, not sexual:

3. He was a sporting hero and many women found him physically attractive, so I don't think he would have been short of offers

4. I don't think that having a long term official girlfriend would preclude him from flirting with other females/exchanging numbers

Rebuttal

1. He had to follow a strict regimen during training and competition… this would be boring to women who would want to go out and party

2. True… can't think of anything for the moment LOL

3. Aside from the 2 missing limbs and his less than ideal personality… can see him only talking about training, diet, gym, etc… B - O - R - I - N - G

4. No it would not but he did seem awkward… the lack of evidence of sexual activities with RS, the *advertiser censored* and the pig testies injections… all suspicious IMO

Thanks for this information - I'd forgotten the detail.

I'm not sure if Vodacom is the only option? Also, what about a PAYG handset?

What we do know for certain is that, if there were another handset, we'd be unlikely to know about it.

True… like I said not impossible

Suspect it would be difficult to hide the existence of a secret phone from your girlfriend if she is spending 3-4 nights a week with you for over a year

Rebuttal

1. He had to follow a strict regimen during training and competition… this would be boring to women who would want to go out and party

2. True… can think of anything for the moment LOL

3. Aside from the 2 missing limbs and his less than ideal personality… can see him only talking about training, diet, gym, etc… B - O - R - I - N - G

4. No it would not but he did seem awkward… the lack of evidence of sexual interourse with RS, the *advertiser censored* and the pig testies injections… all suspicious IMO

Judging by the calibre of the some of the players where I live, I honestly don't think Oscar would have had too many problems - He managed to engage Reeva's interest, after all!

None of that has come to light, even though his life has been placed under a microscope. He is a double amputee, and despite his handsome good looks while fully clothed and standing on his pants draped prosthetic limbs, his appearance and physique without clothes would be an extreme shock to anyone, most especially anyone not in the medical arena. He was self conscious of this, that was presented as evidence. He distrusted women that approached him, that was presented as evidence. His email and telephone records were scrutinized for the exact behaviors that you are asserting and none were found. It is one thing to suppose that he slept with many women, it is another to do that after no evidence of that was found while he was being investigated and tried for the premeditated murder of his one and only girlfriend.

None of that has come to light, even though his life has been placed under a microscope. He is a double amputee, and despite his handsome good looks while fully clothed and standing on his pants draped prosthetic limbs, his appearance and physique without clothes would be an extreme shock to anyone, most especially anyone not in the medical arena. He was self conscious of this, that was presented as evidence. He distrusted women that approached him, that was presented as evidence. His email and telephone records were scrutinized for the exact behaviors that you are asserting and none were found. It is one thing to suppose that he slept with many women, it is another to do that after no evidence of that was found while he was being investigated and tried for the premeditated murder of his one and only girlfriend.

I suspect a lot of 'skeletons' are going to come out of the closet and a lot of 'dirty laundry' will be washed in public by OP's former girlfriends and hook ups when the Trial is over and OP is in prison.

Maybe, Viper. But I didn't insist that he slept with them. I feel that this would be a big leap for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member