Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The court should not take account that a cricket bat sounds like a gunshot

IMO the trouble with the argument about bat sounds versus shots sounds is the State's witness Stipp did confuse both sounds so there is a already a reliable witness showing they can be confused. And Stipp had military and firearms training. JMHO

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 57s
Nel says the sound tests were done on two different nights and the audio was digitally manipulated #oscartrial

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 20s
Nel says the events were indoors, tests done outdoors...so they can have no application... #oscartrial

The people involved talked about digitally enhancing the sounds of the bat. That is dishonest. That is the lengths they would have gone.
M'Lady points out that they didn't do that though. She asks what about the fact that the tests were done outdoors.

Yay for Nel - pointing out that the sound tests did not replicate the sounds of the cricket bat & the gunshots (outdoors versus indoors).

Amazing, the way the judge is able to ask questions of the atty during the closing statements.

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 40s
Nel: defence would call a next door neighbour to testify to what she heard, while sitting with recording of accused's voice #oscartrial

Why not play a recording to the witnesses. The only inference that can be drawn is that it would not advance their case.

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 32s
#oscartrial Nel: the only reasonable inference is that it would advance the defence case to play his voice recording to the other witnesses

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 1m
#oscartrial Nel: Roux put to Johnson that there was no way he'd hear scream inside closed toilet, but Lin's evidence contradicted it.

Fair enough. How are you on the 'woman screaming' G.bng - do you think they confused that too so you're not bothered by the promised proof that is was Pistorius never materialising?

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 29s
#oscartrial Nel: Lin said nothing about anybody's ability to distinguish between a man and a woman's voice, he did not answer that question.

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 4s
#oscartrial Nel says there's no way to interpret accused's statement other than saying he fired at the door with the intention to fire.

Good morning. 3:00 a.m. in Texas. I thought court was starting half an hour from now. What did I miss??

Nel really came out of the gate chomping at the bit. He is settling down now. Setting a pace.

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 21s
Nel deals with accused's plea explanation...of utmost importance is sentence describing noise coming from toilet, discharged gun.

Nel: I discharged firearm because I believe intruders were coming out of the toilet...'before I knew it I fired four shots'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewreckk35