Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prof can't say whAt percentage of last meal was in Reeva's stomach.

On to shooting now?

I wonder how oscar is controlling his retching today.

Saayman: Screaming is still possible even after cognitive disfunction - it would be normal

Saayman: By cognitive dysfunction - I refer to higher mental capacity - screaming however is possible

https://twitter.com/Debora_Patta

Saayman: If someone knows their life is in danger, the stress response, or fight or flight, probably starts in a scenario like this...

before they sustain a gunshot wound. Adrenaline and other kinds of hormones kick in

Saayman: "I think it would be abnormal if one did not scream after sustaining an injury of this nature."

https://twitter.com/SmithInAfrica?o...tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=442933898108878849

Prof S talking about flight or fight response 'Screaming would definitely have been possible after three of the bullets hit her'

Has said that even if Reeva went to toilet an hour before death, her bladder could still have been empty.

Prof S staying firm in conclusion Reeva ate within two hours of death.

I don't think these are the answers Roux was looking for.

Saayman careful to note gastric emptying not an exact science but his conclusion is based on years of experience

Saayman also said she could have used the bathroom an hour earlier, and the bladder still would have been empty.

Yesterday Prof S said Reeva's last meal contained vegetables and small, whitish particles that were most likely cheese. I think the cheese would take the longest to digest, being protein/fat?

I'd agree, also due to it being in the dairy group, which is not as easily digested.

First OP picked up his bat and threatened to bash Reeva up in an ugly brawl that most likely had a sexual background. She fled in fear to the only available room which had a lock on the door the toilet in a desperate attempt to save her life; even kids react in a similar fashion when confronted with a very angry parent. Reeva never had her phone in her hand as Hilton Botha has testified in the BH that none of the four phones found strategically placed in the bathroom were ever used that night during the time the incident occurred. The control freak in OP then proceeded to threaten her that he will break open the door if she does not obey his diktats to stop screaming, she was petrified and continued to scream at the top of her voice refused to obey his commands, he proceeded to pound the bat on the door but his handicap prevents him from breaking it open, fatigue set in quickly enraged at his failure he gave up and decided to finish the job with his gun. In rage he returned to the bedroom picked up his gun and fired four shots meticulously in a confined area through the door and silenced her forever. The fact that three bullets struck her is conclusive proof that the lights were on, he never fired shots blindly all over the toilet and that he knew where Reeva was located behind the door.

One door panel that was weakened due to the pounding from the bat broke away and it hit Reeva will full force when two bullets were fired through it, this could explain some of the blunt force trauma injuries she received. The scaring on the back of her neck could have resulted due to her head hitting the toilet bowl after the fourth bullet struck her in her head. The scar on her left ankle was caused by her probably kicking pressing her foot to the door at some stage. Her left hand if it was fractured could be due to the impact of it hitting the toilet bowl or the floor after the fourth bullet struck her in her head. The scar behind her left knee could have occurred after he opened the door then removed her from the toilet and placed her body outside in the bathroom later he lifted her in his arms and took her downstairs.

Roux, is adamant that the first Bullet struck her in the head, this is not supported by the blood splatter evidence seen in the leaked photograph. Since Reeva was standing upright with her right side in close proximity to the door, the impact of this killer bullet striking her head with full velocity would have flung her body into the far left side corner of the toilet beyond the bowl, however that corner of the toilet is free of any blood. IMO Reeva was standing with her right side pressed against the door in a desperate attempt to prevent him from breaking it open with his bat, unknown to her he then starting firing shots with the first one striking her in her hip that made her to fall downwards to her feet in unbearable pain when the second bullet pierced her two fingers and went on the break her arm. The third bullet missed and the fourth and fatal bullet struck her in her head that flung her straight on to left side of the toilet bowl where a long trail of blood smudged with soaked bloody hair can be seen.

With the State raising serious questions about the veracity of OP's tale of breaking open the door in point 12, IMO it was first BAT and then BULLETS !

THE 13 ALLEGATIONS PROSECUTORS WILL PRESENT TO THE MURDER TRIAL
The 13 witness allegations that state prosecutors will reportedly present in the murder trial next month.
1. Witnesses heard 'talking like fighting' and a woman constantly speaking in a tone that suggested an argument, which stopped after the shots were fired.
2. Two witnesses heard a woman scream before shots were fired.
3. Two other witnesses heard shots and then a woman scream, followed by more shots.
4. Pistorius's online activity at home undermines the picture of a loving couple spending time together. On Valentine's Day.
5. The number of shots, their grouping and their trajectory indicate Pistoritus intended to kill the person behind the closed bathroom door.
<snipped>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-likely-did-not-prostheses-time-shooting.html

All locks come with two keys therefore where was the need to break open his door when all he had to do was use the spare one?

Luckily for OP the key from the lock that fell to the floor due to the pounding from the bat fell within his reach and he was able to retrieve it through the broken panel, some guys do have all the luck. He blundered in mistaking his Reeva in the toilet for an intruder, but got lucky with the key.Even sentence in his affidavit is illogical, that has forced them to rewrite his yarn, but thankfully its too late!

I went back into the bedroom and grabbed my cricket bat to bash open the toilet door. A panel or panels broke off and I found the key on the floor and unlocked and opened the door. Reeva was slumped over but alive.

Saayman careful to note gastric emptying not an exact science but his conclusion is based on years of experience

Saayman also said she could have used the bathroom an hour earlier, and the bladder still would have been empty.

And there was a bit of urine in her bladder. I don't think she had just emptied.

Prosecution argument reinforced from pathologist: 1. Screaming possible during shots, 2. Reeva may have urinated, awake, 30m - 1hr before death

The prof has done his homework and I love the fact that he will not defer to Roux. I am under the impression that Roux is used to beating people into submission. and winning his case. It is just not going to happen here.

Prosecution argument reinforced from pathologist: 1. Screaming possible during shots, 2. Reeva may have urinated, awake, 30m - 1hr before death

I agree. At this point I don't think she was sleeping at all and I don't think she'd just used the restroom.

Assessment of Oscars mind state going on Whoop Whoop at the moment. I don't know how long it has been going on but it is very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth