Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. Sadly a township victim wouldn't receive the same resources in terms of prosecution - but then a township victim would not be putting the SA justice system under the world's spotlight, nor would they have the money or resources to try to evade justice through a slick defense team.

good evening..

Darrin Fresco up next..

*polishes nails*

I have looked forward to Darrin on the stand for some time... I've already decided he is nuts and out of control, but here he is, a prosecution witness.. This seems in conflict with his past jaunts and jollies with Oscar , gun happy times, girl happy times.. speeding times, managing to both reach rage at the same time with an uppity policeman who pulled them up for speeding, as one example..

Darrin may be asked questions which the answers may incriminate him...

Darrin may be asked incriminating questions by either the prosecution OR the defence..

Judge is addressing Darrin warning him... aha.. he will get immunity... unless he lies to the court.

lets put Darrin in the category of Hostile witness, for the time being..

he and Oscar met on a breakfast run. known him about 7 years.

knows Samantha met her thru Oscar..

forgot to mention, this is Nels xamining Darrin

this is Darrins story of the shooting thru the sun roof.

he was pulled over for speeding. metro police..

police were busy asking him questions..

Oscar decides to exit the vehicle to enquire what was taking the police so long.

Samantha in the back seat.

another metro police rocks up... peers into the car picks up Oscars gun which was on the seat.l

then..a verbal altercation, between Oscar and the metro officer.

Oscar says.. you cant touch another mans gun.... this argument went on and on

the original officer attempts to defuse the situation

the second officer had cleared the chamber, that is, removed the bullet.. this fell inside the car..

Oscar is still arguing with the copper. tells the officer.. your fingerprints are all over my gun, you will be liable for what happens with it.

Officers ask for Oscars driving licence..

2nd officer attempted to diffuse verbal altercation between OP and 1st officer. OP was upset that the 1st officer had picked up his gun from the seat of the car.

Told officer his (officer's) fingerprints were now on his gun so if anything were to happen, the officer would now be liable. (Creeeeeepy - my impression. ;))

Darrin goes round, scratches around in the back seat, finds the bullet...

he gave the bullet back to Oscar..

Oscar puts it back in the magazine.. he thinks.. he assumes this..

Darren Fresco seemingly corroborates Sam's version of events in the car shooting incident.

OP 'furious' someone else would touch his gun.

MMORE officers arrive on the scene.. these are the chasers.... theyd been chasing Darrin since the toll plaza..

Darrin is issued with a speeding ticket.. they leave..

and how did Oscar react?? he was furious that someone else had touched his gun.

furious...

they proceed to a house in regard to ANOTHER firearm.. pertaining to a licence or an actual gun... Darrin isn't sure..

Darrin is quite pleasant to listen to.. clear.. concise.. measured... not as nutty as I expected..

and then something happens on this part of the drive.. without warning. Oscar fires thru the sunroof.. a whisker from Darrins left ear.. instinctively he pulls to the right.. he ducks down.. this is in a nanosecond..

he asks Oscar.. Darrin apologises to the judge. he asks Oscar 'is he FXX**CKING MAD??"

Pleased that Sam's story has been confirmed so that all the doubters should now know she was not grinding any axe.

Darrin got a hell of a shock. his ear is bleeding..

they just carried on driving.. a bit of shocked silence from DArrin while he drives..

Asked OP is he was blooming mad. Blooming not the word he used - but he apologised to the court for language. Says he felt as if his ear was bleeding.

Darrin is now going thru the exact area all this happened.... via an aerial shot, I think...

Pleased that Sam's story has been confirmed so that all the doubters should now know she was not grinding any axe.

Now it will be said that Darren is grinding an ax...

But I completely agree. Seems her testimony was unfairly called into question. Darren also went into more detail about the altercation and what was said.

Darren/Darril testimony.

During the police stop, OP said: 'Now your fingeprints are all over my gun, you're going to be liable for anything that happens!'

Then OP corrected the pronunciation of his name. Policeman found the bullet, returned it to OP. He thinks OP put it back in the gun, but he did not see that.

'Shortly thereafter another set of metro police arrived and said 'We've been chasing you since the Toll Plaza'

After issuing a speedingfine, police left.

'He was furious about that - someone else had touched his gun'

Then they went to OP's house, a matter pertaining to a firearm. Then they went towards thel Sq? Gourmet garage for dinner.

Nel: Something else happened enroute?

W'ithout prior warning, he shot out of the sunroof - I instinctively moved to the right. I saw the weapon being brought back.

I said 'Oscar, that was f...ing mad! It felt like my ear was bleeding. I had a constant ringing in my ear. He just laughed about what had happened....after that we just carried on driving.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff