Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darrin makes very sure, his affidavit is truthful...

Roux says.. you knew this affidavit would be used against mr P in his trial.

Darrin agrees... Roux is tryin to convince Darrin is an enemy of Oscar, possibly a collaborator .. likely to lie.

Darrins point is, he didn't do the firing. .he did, he admits, take the can for it. ( the restaurant shooting)

Oscar also apologises to the owner. not taking on board that he did the shooting. .just sorry.

Darriin cant explain WHY it went off he didn't make it go off..

Roux asking why D's apology to owner's wife was not the same as one to owner.

Roux making a big hoo haa over who came to the table first.. the wife or the owner?

irrelevant.

D says wife came to table first, which contradicts everyone else's version.

Darrin is sticking to the wife first, the owner second..

Roux making a big fuss about bugger all.. a distraction from it being Oscar who fires the gun..

a tactic.. Darrin isn't rattled.

I think D is remembering incorrectly and Roux using to cast doubt on his entire story/credibility.

Roux askingwitness to recall exact words in statement without having a copy in front of him and implying he should be able to recall.

Darrin did lie.. it is what his friend asked him to do.. he freely admits this..

I find myself becoming awfully fond of Darrin. I didn't expect to. heheh..

R: 'Two crucial aspects: OP asked you to take blame and you made up a story about it. Both those events are not in your statement. Why not?'

D: 'I do not know'

Roux now wants Darrin to consider that Oscar may not have heard Darrin tell him it was one up..

This I doubt ... Roux says, noisy restaurant..

Darrin is firm. very firm on this. Oscar heard him..

Don't know why the to-do. I mean, I get it. But Kevin Lerena corroborates Darrin's version. So it's unlikely he is lying.

Roux suggesting OP did not hear the 'One up comment'

D says our heads so close together it would be impossible not to, then Roux implies he's only saying that because he knew OP was going to say he didn't hear.

Darrin is now firmly stating that it is impossible for Oscar NOT to have heard him.. Darrin not backing off.. plain as day. Roux can drive this to the ground but Darrin knows the restaurant, knows the seating, knows the ambience of the day..

Oddly, Kevin Larena heard Darrin say TO Oscar, its one up. I remember this.

All OP said to owner when we left was 'I'm sorry'

Darrin is rejecting Roux theories and reconstruction of the event..

Back to the Vaal river trip.. they were stopped on TWO occasions.. once already for speeding..

the fine had been paid..

Fine paid by the dealership..

Justin de Varis is the owner of the dealership. .isn't he a witness too>

Roux asking if some odd quote about 'I'm Darrin and I'm hoping Oscar will keep quiet' or something, is 'recognizable to Darrin.

He confused me, D and judge there.

I'm glad DF is being honest, which is my take...but honestly, there was a child at the table next to them! His 'just put your head down and pretend nothing happened' attitude is revolting to me. One reason Reeva is dead, imo, is that people covered for and/or excused OP's negligent behavior one too many times. DF is guilty of that.

JMO

Kevin Lerena heard him. Why not Oscar?

Not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics