Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roux argues that it doesn't make sense R and OP would be thinking of marrying if the relationship was bad.

We only have OP's word that they were, it's not actual fact that they were thinking of marriage. OP had never even told her he loved her, not once!

R: Warrant officer Von Starling?....said the mat could have shifted, 'while I was trampling on it!' You don't trample scene milady.

He lifted the towel....you don't move things until afterwards.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1m
Roux now tucking in to photographer Bennie van Staden - he is seated in court today. BB

Oscar Trial Channel ‏@OscarTrial199 43s
Roux points out mistakes with preserving the scene - lifting towels...photos showing other policemen on the scene.

Roux wants to know how he thought he was on his own, when someone else in photo. Confronted him with photo (Col VR): 'Were you alone?'

He said 'As far as I can remember'.

Roux says when shown photo, Col simply said 'I cannot comment as not in possession of that persons photos'.

R: According to Botha, duvet was on bed when he arrived. Did state call Botha? No. It just stays there.

Roux talking about how state unfairly made accused out to be a liar. It cannot be.

R: I looked carefully at OP's evidence... up until the shots, it was not reconstructed. After....he was traumatized. I understand that....

OP looking much more attentive today than he did yesterday. I think he really believes all this diatribe.

R:....we know (it)?? allowed some light into the bedroom...

I'm disappointed that Frank is invisible in all of this. OP said he was alone with Reeva, but we know Frank was there. Frank was standing dressed out front of the house when everyone arrived (Carise to be precise). Frank could testify how this relationship was a loving one behind closed doors.

Why is it so different in SA? It's something I will never understand. :(

Roux is blaming OP's confusion over the duvet position on Botha.

We only have OP's word that they were, it's not actual fact that they were thinking of marriage. OP had never even told her he loved her, not once!

According to the Whatsapps they were looking for different accommodation, not setting up home together, so hardly likely to be getting married any time soon.

On a different point - as OP has admitted he lied under oath about the gun at the restaurant he has created a precedent that none of his testimony can be believed. He is a self admitted liar. Anything he has said must now be viewed as possibly untrue.

Oscar Trial Channel ‏@OscarTrial199 57s
Roux: accused said he was so fixated on where deceased was that he doesn't know where the duvet was - he got criticised for that

R: We don't know where the duvet was. Blood spatter was there, but why was there no spatter on the bed? There should have been...(duvet) is a bit of a red herring, going nowhere. Important is, failure to call Botha and no blood splatter on bed.

What a rubbish explanation by Roux for the duvet, jeans, carpet, blood spatter .. and then the bed .. it doesn't disprove what Nel said at all, what he is saying that there is no blood spatter on the bed. Why would there be? The whole point is that the duvet was on the floor all the time, therefore the blood spatter trail going along the carpet in a direct line up and across the duvet .. of course there's not going to be any blood spatter on the bed .. the duvet was never on the bed! Does he really think anyone is buying any of this?

R explaining zombiestopper denial now. Says Nel asked out of context, but when OP was reminded of video, he remembered.

R: We don't know where the duvet was. Blood spatter was there, but why was there no spatter on the bed? There should have been...(duvet) is a bit of a red herring, going nowhere. Important is, failure to call Botha and no blood splatter on bed.

What's Roux trying to say? The duvet is part of the evidence. In OP's version it has to be on the bed. The state are not saying Reeva was murdered in the bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel