Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
primal instincts.....blah blah blah.....his girl went to the loo.......running away from an angered athlete.....

morning from a chilly august morning in new jersey.....still have that upright walking bear in my mind....hoping he gets his foot fixed

Oh, so he had a sore foot? Poor bear, I love bears. :)

Roux now seems to be advancing 2 alternate defenses - 1) it's reflexive, or part reflexive and part cognitive, and 2) putative self defense

You think he thought all that out in advance? I think that is highly improbable

He managed to think of quite a lot of things in advance. How to avoid a richochet, where to position himself to 'protect' him and Reeva, to walk cautiously down the passageway, to not switch on the light, to shout "get the f out of my house" for Reeva to "call the police", to look between the bathroom window and the toilet door etc, etc.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1m
#OscarTrial Roux: if he wanted to intuitionally kill the deceased, why shoot from the doorway? Why not go closer into the bathroom? BB

Seriously?? How about if he'd gotten any closer he might as well have just held the muzzle against the door to fire, besides the little issue of using that wall/counter as support... kinda leaves both the measurements involved and reasons quite limited imo.

Roux is back on putative self-defence. He too wants two defences, just like his client

Roux says judge must take OP's 'thought processes into account', as well as reflexive actions, if she thinks he did not shoot purely reflexively.

Judge has pulled him up about 'slow burn'!

Masipa asking how "slow burn" applies in this case to OP

Did anyone manage to grab a screen capture of that photo of the extension cord? I missed it ... will need to go back and look at the beginning of Roux's closing once a full copy of it has been put up on YouTube later on today .. :-/

It sure could reach. But I posted already yesterday, and it's it day, I did some work on the photo Nel used for the cross, and I suppose it may not have looked like it could reach to Nel but but it sure did to me and when I tested, I confirmed it.

So good for Nel for upholding his oath to the court and keeping to what should be his ethical code and disclosing it to the defence just as anything exculpatory is obliged to be, but it's not only exculpatory, it's tardy, was in the states possession and should have been disclosed ages ago but even more importantly as a lesson a photo in perspective should never have been used in cross unless the State had tested it at the scene taken measurements, parallel photos, and taken into chain of custody the cord. JMHO but from a knowledge base

Because you cannot use the 'intruder' defense if you stand in front of the door. I think he knew wha he was going to say in defense of himself before he shot.

Yes, that as well .. I don't doubt this was one of the "many, many, many" things going through his mind right at that moment. You'd be surprised just how fast people like him can think up things, it only takes a nano second if you are that way inclined .. trust me, I know from personal experience of someone just like that.

I KNEW the judge would not like the comparison to an abused woman!

Judge: How does it apply to this case?

Masipa wants to know how an abused woman relates to this case.

Oooooh .. Judge Masipa is NOT pleased with the 'abused woman' comparison !! Good!

Roux on the backfoot now, trying to justify the comparison. Falling back on 'We have two Oscar's'.

Haha, the Bladerunner can't run... really Roux? I guess he never watched all those home videos that have circulated where OP was running just fine, both with and without his "blades".

Oh dear .. bad call, Roux .. bit like the 'he's fighting for his life' phrase .. <doh>!!

I understand what Roux is saying, but I think he could have stated it better

I don't like this "two Oscars" defence tactic. It implies mental health issues that have already been looked into by a professional panel.

R:...Abuse is different, but it is the same...

What the heck? Now talking about how if someone is punched in the face 62 times? Is he inferring Reeva attacked OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025