Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the name of the blond woman who sits directly under the judge and takes notes?

Oscar Trial Channel ‏@OscarTrial199 36s
#oscartrial Roux: abuse is different but the effect is the same... 'I've had enough' of the effect over time of disability.

Those were more likely Reeva's words.

I gotta take a break, this is making me sick. Be back later. :seeya:

R: They told him he committed pre meditated murder, he stood in the magistrates court..then goes on to read from Nel's summing up, about OP walking towards the bathroom.

I KNEW the judge would not like the comparison to an abused woman!

Judge: How does it apply to this case?

She really did sound quite cross, didn't she.

Blimey, what the hell is Roux gabbling on about with the 'abused woman' explanation? I think he realised he was digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole, you could here him breathe a sigh of relief once he had finished!

I gotta take a break, this is making me sick. Be back later. :seeya:

Can't say I blame you .. I hadn't intended to listen to Roux today, for that very reason. I thought I had better though, as I want to make sure I hear everything put forward in court :-/

I don't know why he's trying to dismiss Mangena's testimony (I do really though :D) because every one of the defence experts used Mangena's reports to come up with their own.

I don't know why he's trying to dismiss Mangena's testimony (I do really though :D) because every one of the defence experts used Mangena's reports to come up with their own.

I don't get that he's trying to dismiss Mangena's testimony.

R: We said to the state Milady, please bring Mr Botha...

Roux is reading Botha's evidence from the bail hearing, where he said he was objecting to OP's bail because he had forensic evidence, then later said he didn't.

Using the state's treatment of his client to justify OP's argumentativeness in court.

Roux explaining why OP was an argumentative witness, why he was defensive and apprehensive on the witness stand. Roux really needed to address this.

R: Was he argumentative? Yes. Should he have been? No....we're not trying to justify that but....

Wow very inappropriate of Roux to blame all of Oscar's lies on Nel.......he's very disrespectful today, something Nel was never to the defence.

He's said that Mangena didn't know where he got the 1.5m from.

He asked Mangena where Nel or Botha got the 1.5 meters, and Mangena said he didn't know. He's not discrediting Mangena, he's coming down on the shenanigans of the state

Talking about whatsapp msgs.

R: You cannot quote a radio. That's naughty. (in ref to state).

Roux's more 'visual' with his argument than Nel was. Lots of gesturing with his hands.

Using the state's treatment of his client to justify OP's argumentativeness in court.

This amazes me .. I don't know whether these people have lived a quiet life, or sommat .. how can they possibly think OP was spoken to/treated badly? He is on trial for murder, exactly how do you go about testing someone on that without testing them rigorously? As it is, I think that OP has been treated with kid gloves throughout this trial.

Roux's statements have very quickly become "blah, blah... blah, blah, blah" to me. I hope the judge is a lot better listener than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025