Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
R reading about the third startle: 'He said, I did not investigate the sound'. What was he supposed to do, go to the house and move the mag rack around?...By blaming him for not doing an independent investigation....experts don't do that.

Morning from Finland, +1 hour to Pretoria.

I can accept that OP was fearful of intruders but why is everyone (Nel and Roux) ignoring that he was not alone in the house but was sharing the bathroom and bedroom with Reeva, you must consider that when evaluating the reasonability of his panicked attack because of "sounds" from the bathroom.

All that legal mumbo jumbo. Someone needs to send that man some jelly beans to stick his teeth together so he doesn't talk so fast.

argument over first 2 photos sp far weak & deceptive IMHO

Deceptive is what I'd call what the DT did by showing a photo that wasn't even a police photo(iirc it wasn't even one of the VS's pics, plus the date on the meta data for it was about two months after the murder) and tried using it as evidence in their x of one of the witnesses.

Roux: ...We must be careful not to be sidetracked by good groupings (of shots). Mr Nel kept saying accused was in the bathroom. He was not. He was in the entrance.....that goes deeper and deeper, what does that do to Mr Nel's submission?

Roux clarifying that OP was not IN the bathroom but was standing at the edge of the hallway that feeds into the bathroom - even Mangena corroborated this, and so does the fact that GSR was on the lightswitch at the hallway/bathroom entrance

All that legal mumbo jumbo. Someone needs to send that man some jelly beans to stick his teeth together so he doesn't talk so fast.

Southerners speak slowly and I listen slowly, Peli! Jelly Beans on the way!

R: I asked Cpt Mangena, where did Nel get the accused was 1.5m from the door? Cpt Mangena said 'I don't know'.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1m
#OscarTrial Roux: if he wanted to intuitionally kill the deceased, why shoot from the doorway? Why not go closer into the bathroom? BB

Morning from Finland, +1 hour to Pretoria.

I can accept that OP was fearful of intruders but why is everyone (Nel and Roux) ignoring that he was not alone in the house but was sharing the bathroom and bedroom with Reeva, you must consider that when evaluating the reasonability of his panicked attack because of "sounds" from the bathroom.

Something that was never really addressed either was that Reeva also knew how to handle a gun and what makes OP think he ever had to protect her? For all we know Reeva could very well have been able to protect both of them from intruders - if she'd been woken up.

Roux has just pointed out something I think may be correct - that Nel said Reeva went downstairs to eat, but also said earlier she couldn't go downstairs because the alarm was on.

Roux: You have to be consistent with your approach.

Really, how can you be consistent when the accused changes his story over and over and over.

Good point - if he wanted to shoot intentionally, why not go closer to the door - why stand as far away from the door as possible?

Roux talking about how Reeva and OP msgs were all 'luvvy and kissy' again before she died.

Oscar Trial Channel ‏@OscarTrial199 1m
#oscartrial Roux: state said accused never activated the alarm, but then said deceased couldn't have gone down because alarm was on...

I thought OP said he couldn't remember if he activated the alarm. :waitasec:

R: Security man Mr Baba. I thought he was quite entertaining in the witness box.

Wow! Roux really needs to slow down a bit at times. He really seems to be quite agitated at times today, doesn't he?

R: Nel said the accused contradicted himself and gave three versions. I don't know what they are....we are not submitting accused did not arm himself....he armed himself, looked at toilet door, was anxious...

Roux clarifying that OP was not IN the bathroom but was standing at the edge of the hallway that feeds into the bathroom - even Mangena corroborated this, and so does the fact that GSR was on the lightswitch at the hallway/bathroom entrance

Again, Roux has twisted this .. Nel never said OP was standing in the bathroom just the other side of the toilet door to Reeva .. what Nel said was that Reeva was standing up, right behind the toilet door, talking to OP just a few feet away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member