Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
R:...perception of fear of intruders 'must be reasonable'. That milady, is not the law.....it's subjective.

Now talking about the law of an intentional crime - must look at what OP subjectively thought

Did anyone manage to grab a screen capture of that photo of the extension cord? I missed it ... will need to go back and look at the beginning of Roux's closing once a full copy of it has been put up on YouTube later on today .. :-/

Hey y'all...want some southern b'fast in addition to the other great spreads already out? How about New Orleans southern from Cafe DuMonde? Chicory coffee and beignets!!! :lick:

beignetsscottgulbransen-jpg.32607

http://civilwartalk.com/attachments/beignetsscottgulbransen-jpg.32607/

Thank you ATL. Between you and Zwiebel, I'm gonna add to my, well let's say curvy figure.
:blushing:

Oh, so we're moving into the realm of culpable homicide.

R: Whether he (OP) was negligent, that we will deal with....

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1m
#OscarTrial Roux: when charged with an offence requiring intent you test the intention on a subjective mind. BB

Roux kind of arguing that it's really about whether OP is guilty of culpable homicide, not intentional murder

O/T

LaLaw2000, how are we all going to know if you passed the bar this week? How long does it take to find out? Crossing fingers, eyes, legs etc.....that you passed with flying colors!

O/T: Sorry, ATL. It's not me. I'm an old grandma (ex-LE, though).

Is Roux arguing FOR culpable homicide conviction? :doh:

Roux rehabilitating Derman, countering what Nel said yesterday

argument over first 2 photos sp far weak & deceptive IMHO

I remember quite early on in the trial, Roux being extremely deceptive over the crime scene photos .. made me really cross the way he did it, and it was just sooo obvious! >:-(

R: (Prof Derman) He backed up with evidence, everything he said....he did not say his evidence was fuzzy. He said 'On that, I'm a bit fuzzy'. Whatever he said to the court, he corroborated.

O/T

LaLaw2000, how are we all going to know if you passed the bar this week? How long does it take to find out? Crossing fingers, eyes, legs etc.....that you passed with flying colors!

You are thinking of LawStudent I believe.

Good Morning from a dark Western Pennsylvania.

Yesterday I ended up falling asleep before things got to Roux. Then I never got around to watching the final portion of yesterday's afternoon session on youtube. So this morning is the first I've heard Barry in a long time. I had almost forgotten how much he irritates me.

But I will say this - he is the consummate professional. Despite his smarmy client having dissed him several times during testimony, Roux is obviously doing his best for said client. But IMO he's going to lose this case. And I think he knew that at the end of the first day of Oscar testifying.

I do so hope Roux decides to write a book about this trial at some point in the future.

RE Derman -

Oscar Trial Channel ‏@OscarTrial199 1m
#oscartrial Roux: everything he told the court was backed up by research, even if he did not keep notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member