Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people are not laymen are saying the same. A former high court judge being one. Sorry about that.

Yes - and these same legal experts on SA law (including Judge Greenland) have been who have informed us (as well as SA case law) as we've examined the evidence during this trial.

We didn't come to our conclusions because we hate OP or because we wanted to celebrate the fall of a "hero" or because we "lack empathy" or don't "understand human behavior".

IIRC Judge Greenland was the main proponent of televising this trial - the first time in SA. No wonder he's aghast so far. I think culpable homicide is still on the table + the gun charges. Keep hope alive ...

please please please

Interestingly I read last week comments that Masipa was a novice with respect to this type of case. I am sure some of you will also have read this. I would love to know whether she and the assessors all agreed.

Will we ever find out if there were dissenting opinions by the assessors?

I take comfort in the belief that uber-narcissist OP will find life without constant adulation/affirmation a living hell.

He will never notice the loss of admirers, he will always have himself and his family to fill the ranks. People like OP only see cheering, never the backs turned.

Imo, there will be even more nervous women in South Africa.

OP's life will not end well, IMO. This will happen again or he will get drunk & angry and kill someone. His anger is too consuming and dark for him to ever again live a charmed life. Life as he knew it is over, IMO.

BIB
It's such a shame that it would take that much for people to realise he needs to have those precious guns of his taken away.

He will never notice the loss of admirers, he will always have himself and his family to fill the ranks. People like OP only see cheering, never the backs turned.

As long as he has a mirror, he will have an admirer, imo.

Why or how do you rule out the possibility that there might be experts in this forum too?

There are experts in this forum. Some believe he's guilty others believe the judge got it right.

So state witnesses are thrown out because it was televised and you aren't guilty of murder if you kill someone provided you state you intended to kill someone else.

Well we won't get any more televised trials, and if we do, no one's gonna want to be a state witness since by default their unreliable, plus gun owner's who kill people now know the best
excuse to make.

Horrible result for SA society.

Yes - and these same legal experts on SA law (including Judge Greenland) have been who have informed us (as well as SA case law) as we've examined the evidence during this trial.

We didn't come to our conclusions because we hate OP or because we wanted to celebrate the fall of a "hero" or because we "lack empathy" or don't "understand human behavior".

Agreed.

[modsnip]

I think the Pistorians on this thread have been wrong all along, and nothing I heard this morning changes my opinion. We merely need to add another wrong person to the list...Masipa. But in her case, it's inexcusable that she's applied the law wrongly. Inexcusable.

Sorry to gatecrash, my husband is tired of hearing me yelling at the computer and I need somewhere to go... luckily I knew I'd find people here!

I am astonished. I just can't get past her saying she believed that he didn't think he'd kill whoever was in the bathroom.

If I were to fire ONE shot in the GENERAL DIRECTION of another human being I would consider it 'possible' that I would kill them.

Let alone multiple shots into a small enclosed space. I wouldn't be thinking 'possible'. I'd be thinking 'definite'.

Sure they do. But I think it's ignorant to think we know more than an experienced judge, who just weeks ago, this board was praising for her firm and tough decisions with confidence she'd do the same to OP. Maybe people should actually listen to what she's saying instead of cherry picking.

Not everyone was praising her - personally speaking, I've always had my doubts about her competence. I think quite a few of us have expressed concerns prior to today.

For me it all comes down to the choices OP made. He chose to make his way down the long hallway to the bathroom to confront an "intruder". He chose NOT to reach for Reeva's hand and escape through his bedroom door a few feet away.

I know the choice I would make.

He also had the foresight to foresee that if he fired a warning shot it could hit the shower & richocet & hit him, the judge appears to have ignored that.

Also, the blonde clerk of Masipa's who sits in front does not look happy. Her expression is telling...I think she knows what's going on....

Agree with you there, Trooper. You can add San Diego to the list.

The direction this is going is literally making me sick.

that's quite enough for me, now.. extremely thankful I am not South African... or Texan, which has the same disparity of the quality of justice depending on the chequebook...

andrew harding
VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png
@BBCAndrewH
RetweetIcon.gif
Retweeted by
twitter_bird.png
No sign of Judge returning... an unexpected, unexplained delay in proceedings. #OscarPistorius

She is busy reading twitter and Websleuths....JK

Lol, with this judge - no. But in other cases certain legal eyes have certainly perused, I believe. :) Jennifer Ramsaran case, defense tried to bring up WS and state objected, so we never got to hear what he was about to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer